Shane Edwards | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shane Edwards

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
When Sheds gets the ball on a string like he did tonight It's just time to sit back, grab some nibbles and enjoy. I don't know how many more years we'll get to see this.

I reckon hell go another 2 hes durable like Shaun Burgoyne

Reactions: 1 user
J

Jumping Jack

Was at his silky best... Our top tier are all peaking at the pointy end of the season.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I reckon hell go another 2 hes durable like Shaun Burgoyne
If he could go another 3, without many injuries he could rack up 300. We’ve only ever had 3 who’ve done it (Cloke played plenty for the Pies), but there’s 3 players in the current side who can.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Shed plays his 250th game on Sunday, deserves to be considered a champion, and a Richmond great.

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Like a good old wine Edwards is.
Started off not the best but turned into a vintage.
250 games hopefully another 6 good games ahead of him.
He was over the moon with the 8k TV on the weekend.
Well deserved

Reactions: 1 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

A couple of times a year now he does one just for old times sake!
But there was a time when it seemed like it might have been incurable
Fortunately that's ancient history now and instead we've been privileged to see some extraordinary skills from a class act

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
Freak footballer. Will go down as one of our all time great indigenous players.

Best hands, particularly in traffic, I’ve personally ever seen.

Congrats Titch. 250 games to be proud of.

Reactions: 2 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Freak footballer. Will go down as one of our all time great indigenous players.

Best hands, particularly in traffic, I’ve personally ever seen.

Congrats Titch. 250 games to be proud of.

I'm sure not written with any disrespect TT but apparently he really hates that nickname if what I've heard over the years is true.
Regardless of that he's so great to watch and in the last few years I've wondered how much more he and the team could have achieved, if he'd been allowed to play to his strengths a lot sooner.
Let's hope he’s got a few more in him.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Regardless of that he's so great to watch and in the last few years I've wondered how much more he and the team could have achieved, if he'd been allowed to play to his strengths a lot sooner.
Let's hope he’s got a few more in him.
He was always a good footballer but showed glimpses not consistently high standard. My view has been he turned when we turned the corner and it’s because the stop start safe game we played up to 2016 was exactly the wrong style for a player like him.
The manic move forward style now is perfect for someone who creates like he does hitting moving players with his handball.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
When Sheds gets the ball on a string like he did tonight It's just time to sit back, grab some nibbles and enjoy. I don't know how many more years we'll get to see this.

I reckon of all our champs, Sheds will go the longest.

no significant injuries (yes, I have both feet on a wooden floor).

he's an eyes, brain, hands footballer.

will stay in the middle until about 32 and then add 100 goals to his tally from a forward pocket

Congrats Sheds, its been a wonderful ride.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
I'm sure not written with any disrespect TT but apparently he really hates that nickname if what I've heard over the years is true.

Should be "Twitch" Edwards. I love it when he gets the ball in traffic and twitches left and right and the opponents peel off in every direction and he then darts forward into open space and gets a clean low kick to a leading forward.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

Mac

Tiger Champion
Sep 16, 2003
Used to frustrate the daylights out of me early on. Trying to play to expectations of what is what considered to be an AFL player.

Finally Dimma tells him he's not as good when he tries to play like anyone else and to be himself. In fact, when Dimma told the whole team to just go out there and 'play', we won the grand final. A fantastic moment of enlightenment from the coach under significant pressure.

Edwards playing his natural game has been sublime. Absolutely exquisite to watch and the player that elicits more involuntary 'oohs' and 'ahhs' from me than I reckon any other player ever has. Some of his visionary work has to be seen live to be believed. And then you have to watch the replay in slo-mo to make sure you weren't seeing things.

From whipping boy to genius.

Reactions: 4 users