Shane Edwards | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shane Edwards

Drop off from his standards has been significant. Only 12 months some had suggested he could play well past 34-35. Game by game this looks to be his final year

Reactions: 1 user
The only thing keeping him in the seniors is his 300th game in 6 Rds time. The club owes him that but this has to be his last season.
Struggling to win one on one contests, however He deserves to reach 300 games. Play him as the sub for a few rounds

Reactions: 1 users
Pure speculation - discussion purposes only

Assuming his form doesn’t change markedly between now and then - could we see a scenario whereby Shedda plays Game 300 and then either officially retires or maybe is “managed” the next game before quietly playing VFL the following week?

I’ve got no idea coz there’s pros and cons with every option.

Pure speculation - discussion purposes only

Assuming his form doesn’t change markedly between now and then - could we see a scenario whereby Shedda plays Game 300 and then either officially retires or maybe is “managed” the next game before quietly playing VFL the following week?

I’ve got no idea coz there’s pros and cons with every option.
Don’t see much point in him retiring now after the MSD nor retiring when we are still within finals reach.

If it is Edwards and Lambert's last season, and it looks that way ATM, Cotch has to play on in 2022, even if it based on an expectation of 10 games.

Reactions: 2 users
If it is Edwards and Lambert's last season, and it looks that way ATM, Cotch has to play on in 2022, even if it based on an expectation of 10 games.

This has been Cotch's best season in a while imo. I think if both he and Riewoldt want to play in 2023, they should be given the option.

Reactions: 4 users
This has been Cotch's best season in a while imo. I think if both he and Riewoldt want to play in 2023, they should be given the option.
Since 2020? He's playing well. Jack also, love Jack and he's doing a great job, but another year would be one too many IMO. You have to leave a little bit in the tank. Could be wrong.

Cotch is different, we can't lose that much experience and leadership in one hit, its a bridge too far, he is still an important contributor, and even if he does slow down a bit he can do a Hodgey for a year.

Since 2020? He's playing well. Jack also, love Jack and he's doing a great job, but another year would be one too many IMO. You have to leave a little bit in the tank. Could be wrong.

Cotch is different, we can't lose that much experience and leadership in one hit, its a bridge too far, he is still an important contributor, and even if he does slow down a bit he can do a Hodgey for a year.

I think Jack's been really good this season. Like I've said a few times, definitely not the same player has he once was, but he's so smart that he doesn't need to be. Can still contribute without sitting on opponents' heads like he did in his halcyon days.

Leadership in the forward line is important, and I think he adds a lot down there that isn't easily replaced (even with Lynch and Martin down there). More importantly, our key forward stocks are thin at the moment, particularly if Balta ends up down back.

It looks the brain knows what to do , but the body doesn’t quite finish the job
This. He's got the skills and the instinct and can influence passages of play but he just doesn't have the body that influences the whole game any more

Struggling to win one on one contests, however He deserves to reach 300 games. Play him as the sub for a few rounds
When he got bumped off the ball by one of Carltons midgets on the half forward line.
That's when he shouldve retired

Yes, we need Cotchin to around again because the cupboard is bare in regards to replacing the great, great man.