Shane Edwards | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Shane Edwards

Bones17

Tiger Rookie
Jul 11, 2010
The Pines
Looks like I’m not the only one who confuses Pickett with Edwards, at the ground, due to failing eye sight.
Jon Pierik from the Age had Edwards in the bests.
Has he been to Spec Savers?
The Umpires had an Optometrist sponsorship at one stage did not do much good for them. :geek:

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Campbell finished up his last season on 297 and retired. Didn’t have the opportunity Shane does to get to 300.

IMO he deserves 300. Such a rare milestone and for club culture alone needs to have the opportunity to achieve that.

Yeah I hope he gets there also, needs to play 6 more (out of a minimum 9 games to go). I didn’t realise he has only missed 1 game so far this year.

Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
If we make finals are we in any position to contend without an in form Shedda?

We need him playing well and that means giving him games to try and get Shedda back into form.

DS
This is it. we are not gifting him 300, we are hoping he finds better form, as we are a better team with ShEdwards playing well than without him.

Reactions: 2 users

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
Apart from that goal that was it
Foward pressure was non exsistent

Castagna would of done more

Reactions: 1 users

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
This is it. we are not gifting him 300, we are hoping he finds better form, as we are a better team with ShEdwards playing well than without him.
Everyone wants to pretend that younger Edwards is miraculously coming back. He was ageing well until this year - he got slow real fast this year. He's not the first and wont be the last. A lot of romantics here. I loved what Edwards has done for the club and what the club has done for Edwards. However I wouldn't be gifting him games, its been clear from a few rounds into 2022 that the game has passed him by.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Edwards can try to regain form in the VFL just like George and FAarts

Last edited:

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Edwards down on form,Martin out.......................and we are still winning.Reckon we can keep Edwards in,especially if Martin plays this week.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I think that the decline has hit is true. Edwards always made his game from running from contest to contest. He's struggling to do that now. Well nurse him to 300, but unless he can find a gear.....shedda, my dear shedda, the time has come.
I fought for you from the days in the burgers, where your hands looked so sublime. But father time is coming, rapidly.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Edwards down on form,Martin out.......................and we are still winning.Reckon we can keep Edwards in,especially if Martin plays this week.
Shedda, Dusty, Cotchinator, Lamblett all struggling to get anywhere near their form of recent years. We're nursing club champions through the season hoping that something clicks. Got a feeling that we'll be wiped in straight sets come finals time if they can't find some decent form.

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Shedda, Dusty, Cotchinator, Lamblett all struggling to get anywhere near their form of recent years. We're nursing club champions through the season hoping that something clicks. Got a feeling that we'll be wiped in straight sets come finals time if they can't find some decent form.
Agree those players haven’t reached their previous heights….. but we have won 7 out of the last 8 and the only loss was by a goal. Granted we haven’t played the top sides - its still a decent form line. Something is working.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Agree those players haven’t reached their previous heights….. but we have won 7 out of the last 8 and the only loss was by a goal. Granted we haven’t played the top sides - its still a decent form line. Something is working.
True, problem is we've looked awful shaky in plenty of games this year n finals are another beast entirely. We've been doing a bit of renovating on the run all of this year n getting games into Gibber, Moju, Miller, Clarke, Dow, Biggie etc during this season will stand us in good stead for the future.
Longer the season goes on without our best players being able to find some solid n consistent form I get the feeling that we'll struggle to find any elevation when finals arrive.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
He looks to be grinding into some sort of form to me. Maybe I'm not expecting peak Edwards. I'm not a Ross hater but prefer Edwards on any upward trend atm.

Our geriatrics will be screwed down now. We'll see how Shedda goes over the next few weeks.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Hopefully he has been carrying something. Core strength was lacking on Thursday. Just kept ending up on the ground and out of the contest / unable to apply second efforts on Thursday.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
The creative ones get more opportunity because they're rare.
Despite obviously being in decline, Shedda still ranks very high in terms of goals assists.
It's looking like a last hurrah but am hopeful the champ can squeeze out a bit more genius yet cause when he's gone he'll be missed.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
A couple of nice things but so many bad. His lightning handballs just aren't hitting the mark anymore. I put it down to him having lost that yard of pace so having to rush his disposals more. In 1 play he couldn't quickly move laterally, he was like a truck turning. 5 games to go and then he can get a deserved send off.

Last edited:

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Another below average game gives us nothing would’ve preferred Dow
5 games to go to reach his 300 game milestone Whoopee do meanwhile were a player down every game