Situation in Burma | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Situation in Burma

Disco08

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2003
Liverpool said:
Yes, I am b!tching....and will continue to b!tch.

You just don't see the irony.

Liverpool said:
What do you want me to do....sit in the corner and shed tears over the previous failures of a race

What failures? They lived peacefully and respected the environment they lived in.

Liverpool said:
A land this size, at a time when exploration of the earth by superpowers of the time was at its height, was always going to be invaded sooner or later.

More irony. You brush off the invasion and oppression of an entire race like it was nothing because they lived on a big island with lots of free space, making it a natural target. Those same characteristics make it a prime place for refugees but you don't want to let them in.

Liverpool

How did that Julia and Kevin thing work out? :)
Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
Disco08 said:
More irony. You brush off the invasion and oppression of an entire race like it was nothing because they lived on a big island with lots of free space, making it a natural target. Those same characteristics make it a prime place for refugees but you don't want to let them in.

No irony.
We have the capabilities to keep 'outsiders' out, but choose not to.
The Aborigines didn't have the capabilities to keep a bunch of boy scouts out.
That is a big difference.

Secondly, that "prime place" for refugees seems to have a bit of a water problem at present for people already here....so bringing more and more people in because we want to give them a fresh start from their hell-hole of a country where they have hardly resources, such as fresh water.....where does that leave us, and these new refugees in 50-100 years?
Is some other country going to start taking us in because of our short-sighted decisions?

Disco08

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2003
Yeah it'd be a tragedy if people couldn't wash their car on weekends and have a beautiful green lawn.

Liverpool

Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
Disco08 said:
Yeah it'd be a tragedy if people couldn't wash their car on weekends and have a beautiful green lawn.

That doesn't happen now in most of Australia....but hey....keep bringing them in, that's what counts.
We'll worry about the water problem later.

mopsy fraser

EAT 'EM ALIVE!
May 10, 2006
geelong
Disco08 said:
Liverpool said:
Yes, I am b!tching....and will continue to b!tch.

You just don't see the irony.

Liverpool said:
What do you want me to do....sit in the corner and shed tears over the previous failures of a race

What failures? They lived peacefully and respected the environment they lived in.
ah, the noble savage,complete crap.
aborigines fought endless wars between each other long before whites came here,you really need to do some research

Liverpool said:
A land this size, at a time when exploration of the earth by superpowers of the time was at its height, was always going to be invaded sooner or later.

so do you it seems.
"Yet books such as Rodney Liddell’s Cape York:The Savage Frontier. Redbank, Queensland, self-published, 1996, show that, despite the claim that the Aborigines at time of white settlement, were the original inhabitants, these Aborigines were themselves "invaders". Rodney Liddell cites evidence that the earlier inhabitants of Australia were Papuans, who came down from New Guinea, at a time when there was a land bridge connecting New Guinea and Australia. They also went far south and were pushed into Tasmania. Liddell says that these Papuans "were brutally massacred by the Pre-Dravidian invaders, whom we now erroneously refer to as the "Aborigines of Australia" but who in fact were the "Aborigines of South India and Ceylon". (Liddell, p. 1)

Liddell cites some anthropologists who have presented this evidence, to show the invasion of Australia by the Aborigines, including Professor Haddon, who published The Races of Man in 1909; A.P. Elkin, Emeritus Professor of Anthropology, University of Sydney, mentioned the wiping out of the Papuans or Negritos, in his book, The Australian Aborigines; E.R.Gribble’s book, A Despised Race. Liddell, pp. 2-3.

Anthropologists such as this tried to reveal the truth that the "Aborigines of Australia" were in fact the "Aborigines of India", that they invaded Australia in recent times, were accompanied by the Indian native dog now called the dingo, which earlier mariners called the "Indian jackal".

"These genuine academics", Liddell states, "wanted nothing more than to speak the truth, but are silenced or ridiculed by those in authority, (the politically correct) who have too much to lose if the truth were accepted by the public." (p. 3)

Another myth is that of the long occupation of the present race of Aborigines in Australia, sometimes given as 40,000 years or more. In fact, Liddell suggests a recent origin, and cites English explorer, William Dampier, who visited Australia in 1688 and 1699-1700. He described the Aborigines as having "hair curled like the Negroes" which suggests a Papuan race. This was 70 years before Captain Cook arrived. "By the time European man had arrived most of the Papuans had already been exterminated by the Australoid invader." (p. 3)

So if we accuse the whites of "invasion", why not extend the same term to the Aborigines who "invaded" and "terminated" the previous Papuan race? It is another example of the bigoted, one-sided, hypocritical use of political correctness to hide the truth.

Neither Blainey nor Windschuttle are revisionists in the sense promoted by Barnes or TBR but they all, in their way, seek the truth about Australian history instead of subscribing to the robotic thought control of the "politically correct". The scream of "racism" is by now a permanent fixture, but there are still historians in Australia capable of challenging it and seeing beyond it and still individual patriots who want to do the unfashionable thing and "bring history into line with the facts", as TBR intends.

The rise of the black armbanders and their cronies in Australia has been fought at various levels. A politician called Pauline Hanson fought, unsuccessfully in the end, to press for proper democratic representation of the electorate, instead of the current social engineering. Paul Sheehan’s Among the Barbarians (9) and a book by David Flint called "The Twilight of the elites. (10)

David Flint mentions the elitist manufacture of the "guilt industry" for the hoax that all whites today have a huge collective guilt for all the evils visited upon the Aborigines, leading to such aberrations as a "Sorry Day" for the oppression of the Aborigines. There was no "Sorry Day" for white settlers whose families were killed by Aborigines and no "Sorry day" for the massacre of the previous Papuan aborigines by the Pre-Dravidians."

Disco08

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2003
I'm guessing this is a conspiracy theory Livers will happily subscribe to.

I've admittedly never read or even heard of that book but I do think it's a little rich to be telling me I need to do some research as if I haven't done any. It's not as if that's a widely available or recognised book. There's archaeological evidence out there which would seem to contradict the main premise too, not to mention the fact that aboriginal languages bear no resemblance whatsoever to any from the Indian sub-continent.

Azza

Tiger Champion
Aug 30, 2007
There's evidence for waves of migration to Australia. The recent arrival of the dingo is well known. Who knows how many times people arrived in Australia. Doesn't mean that they were accompanied by violence. Some may have been, some may not.

If you want to use precedent to justify treatment of other people, you can do anything you want. The question is whether you have moral standards of your own you want to uphold.

Six Pack

Tiger Legend
Aug 28, 2007
The point of this thread is getting lost again. The govt is accepting refugees from Burma and this is an admirable move. There's lots of things that *smile* me about this country, our attitudes and the govt, but I am proud of this policy.

Azza

Tiger Champion
Aug 30, 2007
Six Pack said:
The point of this thread is getting lost again. The govt is accepting refugees from Burma and this is an admirable move. There's lots of things that sh!t me about this country, our attitudes and the govt, but I am proud of this policy.

Yeah, sorry for my part in the diversion. Just got stirred-up.

We'll accept refugees, so long as they're not black.

Six Pack

Tiger Legend
Aug 28, 2007
Azza said:
Six Pack said:
The point of this thread is getting lost again. The govt is accepting refugees from Burma and this is an admirable move. There's lots of things that sh!t me about this country, our attitudes and the govt, but I am proud of this policy.

Yeah, sorry for my part in the diversion. Just got stirred-up.

We'll accept refugees, so long as they're not black.

A few years back the PM said that he would accept Zimbabwean whites cos they 'were like us.'

Six Pack

Tiger Legend
Aug 28, 2007
Liverpool said:
The Aborigines didn't have the capabilities to keep a bunch of boy scouts out.

actually I must take Livers to task over this claim. Various localised clans or family groups fought bitterly to the very end. The Aboriginal resistance to white settlement has not being widely acknowledged but in places it was highly organised and effective, holding back the european invaders for years.

Eventually, weight of numbers, disease and loss of land, food sources etc combined to overcome the Aboriginal resistance.

To say it didnt happen or to insult these people re the 'boy scouts' comment is not only wrong but it shows great ignorance of the behalf of its author.

Liverpool

Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
Six Pack said:
actually I must take Livers to task over this claim. Various localised clans or family groups fought bitterly to the very end. The Aboriginal resistance to white settlement has not being widely acknowledged but in places it was highly organised and effective, holding back the european invaders for years.
Eventually, weight of numbers, disease and loss of land, food sources etc combined to overcome the Aboriginal resistance.
To say it didnt happen or to insult these people re the 'boy scouts' comment is not only wrong but it shows great ignorance of the behalf of its author.

Of course there was some resistance....but a few spears and clubs, compared to guns and cavalry....there was no ever any hope for them, and any guerilla resistance against a force much stronger technically then them, was bound for failure before it even began.

Six Pack

Tiger Legend
Aug 28, 2007
u would be surprised how ineffective the guns and cavalry were. but denigrate all u like, it's yr style.

Disco08

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2003
Do you want me to put all the non-Burma talk in the racial tolerance thread 6y?

Liverpool

Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
Six Pack said:
u would be surprised how ineffective the guns and cavalry were. but denigrate all u like, it's yr style.

Not denegrating at all....just stating fact.
What part of my post was 'denegrating' anyway?

Six Pack

Tiger Legend
Aug 28, 2007
Liverpool said:
Six Pack said:

Not denegrating at all....just stating fact.
What part of my post was 'denegrating' anyway?

well the 'boy scouts' comment to begin with....

Liverpool

Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
Six Pack said:
well the 'boy scouts' comment to begin with....

Well, if you think that is denegrating Sixpack, you haven't seen me go off yet... :hihi

It was a figure of speech anyway, so I don't know what you're getting all bent out of shape about.