Slow midfield | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Slow midfield

clown

Tiger Superstar
Mar 16, 2004
GWS recruitment team are laughing so hard now.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
No Shai no midfield.

We just lack and sort of foot skills at our centre bounce stoppages. We have no zip in there.

It’s no coincidence today our game ebbed and flowed on how Shai played.

We need to address this area as our first priority.
Ace I'm too old now.
I'm was a plastic Pack buster

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Sydney midfield that rolled Melbournes usually dominant tonight on the small SCG:

Warner
Heeney
Rowbottom
Gulden
Jordan
Florent

No slowies there.

Midfields MUST be able to run and transition. Can ours?
Well said Leyser, they must also be able to hit up targets by foot.

Ours cant do that either.

Reactions: 1 users

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
We have too many that are not only slow, but don’t chase or tackle. Dusty, Dow, Taranto, Ross

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
We have too many that are not only slow, but don’t chase or tackle. Dusty, Dow, Taranto, Ross
You are not wrong .The lack of chase or effort to apply pressure by so many is absoltley astonishing ,frustrating and infuriating

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
You can add Bolton and Hopper

Yze really needs to shake it up in there. Needs to think about adding the likes of Campbell, Rioli, Pickett in there.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

Yze really needs to shake it up in there. Needs to think about adding the likes of Campbell, Rioli, Pickett in there.

I'd definitely try Pickett in the middle, not sure how much of the game he could play there but he could get a few clearances but also be a defensive mid.

DS

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
Pickett and McIntosh with just 20 possessions between averaging about 55% efficiency. 1 tackle each. Wings are the first place we need to start playing young kids with pace and class. At least give them a go.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Pickett and McIntosh with just 20 possessions between averaging about 55% efficiency. 1 tackle each. Wings are the first place we need to start playing young kids with pace and class. At least give them a go.

Banks played wing yesterday.

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
Banks played wing yesterday.
You get my drift. Clarke, McAuliffe, Coulthard and Smith should all be selected first when in form and it’s a borderline choice. Preserve with Banks if he is willing to adjust his timid game.
Brown should play the whole year

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I'd definitely try Pickett in the middle, not sure how much of the game he could play there but he could get a few clearances but also be a defensive mid.

DS
Why? He's 32yo. When do we look to the future? We'll likely be 0-5. Season over. Pickett and Kmac are struggling. Between them they have 1 free for 11 frees against. That's a fair indication of the ill discipline and panic due to aging.

LachlanGrant

Tiger Rookie
Oct 26, 2007
It's not only that they're slow its they aren't that good at contested ball either. Drew dominated us for all the plaudits Butters will get and was close to BOG in my opinion. Wines and Drew are not speedsters either.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

Cannot believe they didn't put Pickett in there.

Pickett to the middle and Rioli to a wing for 10 minutes a qtr

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Why? He's 32yo. When do we look to the future? We'll likely be 0-5. Season over. Pickett and Kmac are struggling. Between them they have 1 free for 11 frees against. That's a fair indication of the ill discipline and panic due to aging.
Bit hard on Marlion, the umpires only have to see him anywhere in the vicinity and they get ready to pay the free to whichever opposition player happens to be standing nearby. He also doesn’t have a head, that’s the only explanation for the lack of head high contact frees.