Sobering Fact | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sobering Fact

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
I've read all the misery since Friday night's game and I am so bloody disappointed. I almost kicked the TV in on Friday night. The last two games were winnable games that have now sent us back to the middle pack no-bodies. No-one has any respect for the RFC in the comp itself, or the media. Despite the Jason McCartney factor all the Channel Eddie commentators were out and out supporting the Roos and let's face it, they normally go for whomever our opposition is,especially when Dermie is commentating. Why?? Because even in his playing days we were crap and now we still are. I felt quietly confident that we had a side this year that could sneak into maybe at best 5th spot on the ladder and scare a few sides, with the hope of building on this momentum next year. This way we would get some element of respect. No-one trusts us and even us supporters don't have much faith in our team as once again they build us up to then lose the winnable games. The Tiges are just not ruthless enough anymore, too many pretty boys. Get in front and then destroy is what my motto is and what the RFC need to engender into the young ones. That builds respect, that builds confidence.

A sobering fact about the RFC since 1982 our last GF appearance.

Every Victorian team other than Richmond and the perennial battlers the Western Dogs have appeared in the GF and the Dogs just missed out the year Libba thought he'd won the Prelim with that Goal. Richmond whilst making two Prelim's haven't even looked like it.

Of the 6 interstate teams 4 of them have made the GF bar Port and Freo. For those two it is just a matter of time, especially Port and even Freo in the next 2-3 years. They've only been in the comp for a week.

Richmond needs to gives us some hope and as has been mentioned in other threads certain players need moving on and better bloody recruiting from this year on.

At the same time we still have good loyal, proud players out there that are trying their guts out, besides being much maligned by us. Yeah I feel the same and you can sense that even from the most optimistic contributors to this site that we have turned on our team after Fri night's game.

Hang in there fellow tortured souls they might win a few games and we'll think we're gonna be somethinb again. For me all I want is some promise and hope for the future.

Carn the Tiges!!!!

Tenacious Tiges

Apr 11, 2003
Do you think I've given this year up?? I don't think so matey.

I agree that I'm feeling kicked in the cods again, but can you two really tell me that you think we are going to go all the way this year. Yes maybe a spot in the 8 and at best 5th-ish.

That's why I said "some hope for the future" because we are not going to win a flag in one season. It's a matter of building a winning team. You can sense the momentum just like we all saw with Brisbane. It disappoints me that we still don't win the crucial matches. These are the signs that we are improving and building a winning team.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Tenacious: Brisbane were doing worse or similar to us this time 2001. I was at that game at Optus oval when they got flogged by 70+ points and Carlton looked ordinary in beating htem. THat is what chagned their season. You wouldnt have said at that point that they were a genuine premiership threat. I think we still ahve a chance. All it takes is a bit of confidence, belief adn to get our running game back. The competition is more even than some think.

And no i didnt think you were writing the season off, i jsut believe this season we do have a chance to do something and looking to the future is not important to me right now. I just want to win and i expect everyone at Richmond to give us a team that wil lgive us our best shot of winning every week. We all get disappointed with losses, i was devastated Friday night and wouldnt talk to the girlfriend for about 20 minutes after as i was actualyl thinking i was in shock, i couldnt beleive we lost.

Tenacious Tiges

Apr 11, 2003
Shawry,

I couldn't talk to my girlfriend either as I was so abusive during the last quarter. She didn't dare say a thing for fear of a barrage of bad language. I duly apologised to her ears and the neighbours for my ugly display.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
I ehar ya tenacious. Luckily i was at my girlfriends house and all she had around her was a vineyard and some dogs. Neighbours too far away, but she didnt say anything either knowing i was feeling the pain and she doesnt know how to act when Richmond lose. Lucky she was there i think as i probably owuld have acted far worse had she not been there. Worried htis week though she is a blues fan and since we are going ot be in Melbourne at the game i wont get her sympathy this week and she is worried we'll kill her side oto adn ill be obnoxious.

TigerFury

Eloquent Feral
Dec 19, 2002
Belgrave
For God's sake, we are 6/5; a win-loss record that has been achieved with a significant portion of our best team out injured.

Richo has been back and doing well for a few weeks. Otto came back last week and will be better for the run. Campbell will be back soon. As will Blumfield.

We played with good spirit, hardness and work-rate against the Kangaroos. Play like that every week and we will win more than we will lose.

Let the quality players settle back in together and watch the cream rise to the top again.

Gaspar aside, the only injury problems we have going forward are all short term worries.

We are far from being done with yet!

Khan

Lets Roar in 2004
Dec 17, 2002
Tigerland
I've kept quiet, but for gods sake we lost by less than a goal. A littel luck and it could have been the other way. Two frees to northe in the lastr two minutes killed it for us. If they hadn't been paid who knows.

Be realistic if you must but quoting who will be sacked or delisted next year aint helping things. We should all turn up at training this week and give support.

Not blaming the umpires just pointing out the luck factor.

Still 11 games to go

Carlton must win
Collingwood must win
Hawthorn must win
Geelong must win
Melbourne Must win
Freo ( lets break that monolpoly) must win
Essendon Must win
St Kilda Must win

There are 8 games we can and will win with only Brissie and Port being the games I think we will be hard pressed to win

Adelaide is the only other game I havent marked. That is line ball

Keep the Chins up Enders

Lets Roar

Khan

p.s If we get a couple of wins on the boards then the negative nellies of the board will once again crawl away. Amazing how much they have to say once we loose a few. The only game this year I am truly ashamed of is the Sydney Match

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
I wouldn't hold my breath they will be lucky to beat Carlton.......lose that one and it is all over I would say. We then can turn our attacks to the coach and hopefully get some movement there

Khan

Lets Roar in 2004
Dec 17, 2002
Tigerland
I bought this up after round one. We cannot sack Danny no matter how much we disagree with him. We have broken too many contracts for anyone with some nounce to take us serious. The reason we have an assitant coach who coached the bottom of the ladder magpies coaching us is just that.

Malthouse would never take us on becuase of it, neither would wallace, Eade or Matews. Sheeds might do it but just so he could top up his retirement fund.

We have to see this out to the very end and then look at the otions breaking a contract doesn't make you smart just makes it harder for you to be taken seriously

Attack Danny if you must but do it at the end of the season not now. It does no good

Lets Roar

Khan

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
I agree Khan......wait till the end of the season for Frawley and then he must be sacked they have no more respect now than 4 years ago when he walked in.
In fact he became such a laughing stock last year he has banned himself from the media bar AFL only....