Socceroos | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Socceroos

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Watching Ange coach Celtic v Rangers as they've gone in at halftime 3 zip!
Hope Craig Foster and the Sydney football mafia are all *smile* squirming !

Ps... unbelievable atmosphere @celtic!
And without arguably their best player in Tommy Rogic.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Watching Ange coach Celtic v Rangers as they've gone in at halftime 3 zip!
Hope Craig Foster and the Sydney football mafia are all *smile* squirming !
Yeah, but, but, but, Graham Arnold has coached the Central Coast Mariners:)

• Haha

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Nice win for Celtic, I think they go top of the table with this result. Great to see the Japanese boys doing so well.

• Love

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Yep, top of the table for now, Ange is doing a great job :giggle:

Long way to go, 14 games to go.
The +37 goal difference for Celtics to Rangers +27 GD is a great advantage to have if they finish on the same points.

1643846203507.png

Now just need the Boston one's to WAKE UP!! :sneaky:

• Love

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Ange comments on Socceroos :

"....From my perspective, the signs have been there for a while that the rest of Asia is improving and we’ve kind of stalled in our development.... We should be disappointed if we don’t go to a World Cup, it’s not about saying ‘well, let’s just miss one so we can learn’. We’ve done enough learning, our expectation should be to qualify for World Cups all the time.”

Reactions: 4 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Celtic fans should enjoy Ange while they can, because he will going to the premier league soon. People know who he is now and Ange-ball was there for all the world to see yesterday morning.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Celtic fans should enjoy Ange while they can, because he will going to the premier league soon. People know who he is now and Ange-ball was there for all the world to see yesterday morning.

Yeah, Celtic will rue only signing him to a rolling 1 year contract though if they tried a longer contract their fans would have gone a bit mental

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Ange comments on Socceroos :

"....From my perspective, the signs have been there for a while that the rest of Asia is improving and we’ve kind of stalled in our development.... We should be disappointed if we don’t go to a World Cup, it’s not about saying ‘well, let’s just miss one so we can learn’. We’ve done enough learning, our expectation should be to qualify for World Cups all the time.”
That was for Robbie Slater.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
That second goal was a thing of beauty, from the first pass to the finish.
I flicked the channel and the replay was on. I started watching with about 7 minutes to go in the first half. The quality of the game in that 7 minutes was surprisingly outstanding; I don't watch much Scottish football but found it enthralling. I missed the first goal but spot on Spook that second goal was unreal. Sublime movement, touch and passing with a magnificent finish from the Japanese player.

And right before it Rangers almost scored from what looked to be a beautiful through ball into the box but in the end it probably had a metre too much on it. A fine line but that was beautiful play as well.

Reactions: 2 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Why Slater? Am not across background other than Foster giving him a hard time.

I don't consider Foster to be part of the "Sydney Football Mafia" per se. At least not in a toxic way.

Sure, he was an Ange critic in the past and there was that infamous interview on SBS that put Ange on the coaching outer for many years. But I do not believe he was undermining Ange while he was Socceroos coach.

To me, the main protagonists are Robbie Slater, Andy Harper, David Gallop, Heather Reid (albeit she was more based in the ACT) and the Lowy family.

Thankfully, almost all of them are not on the scene anymore.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Slater led the pro-Sydney cabal with Harper as his court jester. Fos is just very emotionally attached to the National Squad so he'll exaggerate the ups and downs.

Reactions: 1 user

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
I don't consider Foster to be part of the "Sydney Football Mafia" per se. At least not in a toxic way.

Sure, he was an Ange critic in the past and there was that infamous interview on SBS that put Ange on the coaching outer for many years. But I do not believe he was undermining Ange while he was Socceroos coach.

To me, the main protagonists are Robbie Slater, Andy Harper, David Gallop, Heather Reid (albeit she was more based in the ACT) and the Lowy family.

Thankfully, almost all of them are not on the scene anymore.

Cheers. Might have to try and find some links/interviews where they bagged him.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Cheers. Might have to try and find some links/interviews where they bagged him.

To me it was more about getting their mate Arnold the Socceroos gig. Arnold, Harper and Slater are all close mates. played together for the Socceroos. I am pretty certain Arnold and Slater were always roommates.

Reactions: 2 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
To me it was more about getting their mate Arnold the Socceroos gig. Arnold, Harper and Slater are all close mates. played together for the Socceroos. I am pretty certain Arnold and Slater were always roommates.
Ian, I'm surprised that there hasn't seemed to be any comment/objections to the late (88") penalty awarded to Oman. I have only glanced at the highlights as match was on 3am live. And haven't had a chance to seek any more detailed vision. Also so peed off at the result with Oman missing many players due to Covid too.

But from this limited perspective, that penalty against Karacic looked really harsh.

[Not asking Antman because I know he thinks the sun shines out of match officials - FIFA/AFL as these orgs of unquestionable integrity, whatever!]

tigerlandishome

Carna Tiges
Jun 4, 2007
Perth
That's a fair point, and may well be true re: a future in the PL (or elsewhere for that matter), but my personal feeling is, that in order for that move to happen, it would need to be one of the big clubs as Ange has already stated that the lure of European football was a part of why he came to Parkhead. He is very ambitious, as we know, and I believe he will be at for Celtic 2-3 years. He also wants to leave his mark at Celtic, as also previously stated, and what better way than to take a former giant of European football back to some level of Champions League success. And BTW, I am not ruling him out of achieving that.