Sports Quiz | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sports Quiz

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Tricky one....seriously testing the memory....may have to think more on it but...

David Campese
Anthony Herbert

Can't think of full back for the life of me!!

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
I can pretty much name the full back line....but it just doesn't seem to be making sense for this team....must lie down...my brain hurts

Campese - Lynaugh - Little - Horan - Herbert (Was a very good combo...although it doesn't answer the Q)
I'll get back to this one....

Ready

The future is unwritten
Aug 21, 2004
Richmond Vic 3121
marella jube said:
Was Marty Roebuck the fullback ?
Yes.

We're still looking for the other winger. Wore a long-sleeve jumper with the sleeves rolled up and his socks around his ankles. Embarrassed John Kirwan at Sydney in the domestic season before the World Cup, successfully chasing a kick and scoring a memorable try.

marella jube

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2004
Thanks Ready .

2 part question

a) Where is the Geelong AFL club song tune taken from ?

b) Which NRL (2nd tier) club (better words) also uses this piece for their club song ?

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
First bit is easy....second part of question is leading me a merry dance!!!

Otis

Voodoo Child
Dec 24, 2004
Melbourne
well since ya didn't go for the half point, i'll jump in and say part a) is 'chanson du toreador' from the opera 'carmen' by Bizet

no idea on part b)

marella jube

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2004
Otis correct with (a) .

Clue for (b) , if '2nd tier' too obscure....think of 'kindred spirit' to RFC... That's probably given it away...

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Nuts!!...stopped, propped, looked for a better option...."BALL!!!!!"....might change my name to Chubba ;D

Otis

Voodoo Child
Dec 24, 2004
Melbourne
i probably won't be around to answer this coz i'm about to leave for the weekend, so i'll just ask an easy question so the game can go on over the weekend:

Who was Richmond's leading goalscorer in 1992?