State Government | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

State Government

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Dan going full atlas shrugged.

Control the price increase of rentals and demand all these extra costs (land tax, inspections etc) / bureacracy to have them.

It’s been proven rent controls lead to maintenance getting skimped on and/or tenants getting booted so the price can be reset.

Long term effect has to be rentals aren’t worth as much (capital decrease) or the price of them goes up to cover the risk of not being able to pass on price increases. Reckon it will be the latter and make things worse. But at the polls he is playing to the renting demographic.

Work on supply or demand to solve it.

Looks like he is going after supply as well and going to lock councils out of decision making and try and get the density up. I’d prefer no population growth.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
No gas in Vic homes being built after 1 Jan 2024. Big brother controlling your life.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
No gas in Vic homes being built after 1 Jan 2024. Big brother controlling your life.

That's been coming for sometime, all other states will follow in due course.

My Grandson wanted to be a Gas Fitter & was told that it was a dying part of the industry, he's now doing an apprenticeship in Mechanical Services Plumbing (heating cooling & ventilation). The mob he works for are flat out.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

not many horse and carts going around either, replaced by cars and trains. Big Brother controlling your life.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Most people don’t get how much more inefficient gas appliances are vs heat pumps / induction cooking.

It’s paternalistic but it makes abundant sense to not waste resources.

Last edited:

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
not many horse and carts going around either, replaced by cars and trains. Big Brother controlling your life.
When we have continuous brownouts in the future as we shut down power plants we will be in a world of pain. Having split systems heating houses, water etc will use a lot extra power. The network can’t cope with the solar being put on the grid now. And many wind farms aren’t even connected to the grid. Get this right first government.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Horse & carts remember them Baker Butcher Green Grocer. Horse crapped it self on the road out side your house grab the shovel & on the vegie garden it went.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
When we have continuous brownouts in the future as we shut down power plants we will be in a world of pain. Having split systems heating houses, water etc will use a lot extra power. The network can’t cope with the solar being put on the grid now. And many wind farms aren’t even connected to the grid. Get this right first government.
This is pretty true too. People without power aren’t going to be happy.

It needs to be an energy transition unless we are willing to live through brown outs / curtailed supply. The just stop new gas exploration movement will have this effect. Current gas supply in Vic from Gippsland is dying in the ass.

With that said these switches to electric in the house aren’t 1:1 trade offs.

Using gas to make electricity to run reverse cycle a/c for heating is more efficient than using gas heating. Each kw of reverse cycle shifts 3-4 kw of heat. On the supply side l A gas turbine is maybe 50-60% efficient at turning gas into power and there would be some line losses getting from the plant to your house. But we will net use less gas and he less likely to have brown outs than before and your overall household bill will go down. The gas company will make less money as they will sell less gas.

As we green up the grid then all the electrical demand will becomes even less co2 intensive.

As we have more and more batteries (evs) these will demand smooth and massively reduce the need for grid infrastructure - watch the incumbents kick and scream.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Dan going full atlas shrugged.

Control the price increase of rentals and demand all these extra costs (land tax, inspections etc) / bureacracy to have them.

It’s been proven rent controls lead to maintenance getting skimped on and/or tenants getting booted so the price can be reset.

Long term effect has to be rentals aren’t worth as much (capital decrease) or the price of them goes up to cover the risk of not being able to pass on price increases. Reckon it will be the latter and make things worse. But at the polls he is playing to the renting demographic.

Work on supply or demand to solve it.

Looks like he is going after supply as well and going to lock councils out of decision making and try and get the density up. I’d prefer no population growth.

I think it is NSW that they (renters proponent group) is pushing the govt to change the law so tenants cannot be kicked out without reason ie. Booted so landlords can jack the prices up above what would otherwise be allowed.

IMO this would be a great change.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
I think it is NSW that they (renters proponent group) is pushing the govt to change the law so tenants cannot be kicked out without reason ie. Booted so landlords can jack the prices up above what would otherwise be allowed.

IMO this would be a great change.
This happened to us in sydney. Landlord wouldnt allow us to stay, even though we were willing to pay the new advertised rate. Very frustrating to be forced out of your home.
Cant happen in victoria

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
No costings on regional build.

Comm games billion dollar payment coming.

Metro tunnel cost blowout, “costs what it cost” response.

More IBAC “I can’t recall “responses.

Not a great two weeks for the Supreme leader.

And still the opposition can’t make up ground.

Political capital in this state never been lower.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

Not just this state. The failure of LNP governments Aust wide is bad for everyone.
Wonder how Dans tenure will be viewed in the years to come.
Transparency isn’t a strong feature of his leadership.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006

I'm glad the Libs are flailing around like the tosspots they are, but you are also spot on, it has lead to those in power being able to run pretty much unchecked.

Not good.

It's times like these we need someone like the Aust Dems (back in the day when there were good) to be around to provide some accountability, but, imo, due to the number of independents around, we have a reduced 'concerted effort' able to be applied.

Reactions: 2 users