State Government | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

State Government

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Dan to be goneski by end of week……..

Hahaha, no way.

You think it is a coincidence all this bad news is coming out 3 and a half years before the next election? Of course not.

If Dan is intending to retire this term, he will get all this bad stuff out of the way, give it maybe 6-12 months, and then resign leaving a clean sheet for the new Premier and a good amount of time until the next election.

DS

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005

Don’t think it matters whether you are liberal or labor or the AFL. The leaders play politics hard and spin stories to suit their agenda. I hate it.

Reactions: 2 users

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Quote on it?
Google it Daily Mail or news.com.au 01/08/2023 Started already as Aintree Secondary College now known as Yarrabing Secondary College. If you do not know where Aintree is it is burb of Rockbank. If you do not know where Rockbank is it is on the way Ballarat after Deer Park. Tip of the iceberg schools first then next thing Rockbank will become Yarrabing.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Google it Daily Mail or news.com.au 01/08/2023 Started already as Aintree Secondary College now known as Yarrabing Secondary College. If you do not know where Aintree is it is burb of Rockbank. If you do not know where Rockbank is it is on the way Ballarat after Deer Park. Tip of the iceberg schools first then next thing Rockbank will become Yarrabing.
KC did ya Google it ?.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
The Melton rail cancellation, another election promise broken.

“commitments are always evolving over time” Was how the minister put it, Utopia like.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
KC did ya Google it ?.
Nearly did, but decided I wasn't fussed if they named new schools accordingly.

Ever been to N.Z. Tiga? Such conventions have been in full swing there for quite a while, without the negative result you sound like you are expecting.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Was in the city today, absolute ghost town.

This government has ruined the CBD.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

Dan, or technology that's enabled people to work from home as if they were sitting in the office? A technology that was rapidly deployed everywhere 3 years ago?

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
This is a good thing. As Dan Andrews has lied to us all with his announcements.

I think the state government have had a really bad few weeks. Extremely disappointed with the Melton/Wyndhamvale rail cancellations. I think the SRL is a great legacy project, but it should not be at the expense of other rail projects.

However, what is this parliamentary committee gonna achieve??? Lets imagine Dan appears and they ask him questions...

Q: Dan, why did you cancel the Comm Games?

A: Too Expensive.

Q: Why did you sign up in the first place?

A: They came to us and we agreed as long as it wasn't too cost prohibitive.

Q: What is the cause of the cost blowouts?

A: PWC got their numbers wrong.

Q: How much comp will you pay?

A: Can't reveal that as its commercial in confidence.

Q: Err, Umm, Hmm... I've got nothing more.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005

Seems main driver is COVID creating the WFH revolution but Melbourne with a longer WFH period having more stickiness on this. Syd/Bris 11-12% vacancy, Melbourne 15%.

https://www.tenantcs.com/blog/australian-leasing-market-snapshot

Or the other angle is the government has rejuvenated local businesses and reduced travel congestion by eliminating unnecessary travel.

Winners and losers on any change.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Seems main driver is COVID creating the WFH revolution but Melbourne with a longer WFH period having more stickiness on this. Syd/Bris 11-12% vacancy, Melbourne 15%.

https://www.tenantcs.com/blog/australian-leasing-market-snapshot

Or the other angle is the government has rejuvenated local businesses and reduced travel congestion by eliminating unnecessary travel.

Winners and losers on any change.
Yep, the winners and losers point is a good one. Although trading off your glorious, thriving CBD to help High Streets doesn't seem a fair economic trade-off.

I know cafe owners and restaurant managers and they all say the CBD isn't what it was. And hasn't come close to returning to pre-COVID levels. I travel for work and Sydney, Brisbane and Adelaide don't feel empty, don't feel soulless now.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Yep, the winners and losers point is a good one. Although trading off your glorious, thriving CBD to help High Streets doesn't seem a fair economic trade-off.

I know cafe owners and restaurant managers and they all say the CBD isn't what it was. And hasn't come close to returning to pre-COVID levels. I travel for work and Sydney, Brisbane and Adelaide don't feel empty, don't feel soulless now.
It's interesting - I know when I go to my local Cafe its packed out in a way it didn't used to be.

Any quick shock to demand just punishes those who lose it as not that many businesses that can scale down 50% without suffering massively.