State Government | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

State Government

VFL Park was planned to have a railway station on its doorstep, but the various state governments reneged on the deal.

Yes, but, we all knew it was not going to happen. When they built Monash Uni in 1959 they promised a rail line, the middle of North Rd is wide for this very reason . . . still no railway line, and still a mess. Any VFL Park rail would have extended from a Monash line or from Glen Waverley, both difficult as the suburbs expanded. The freeway was meant to be able to handle a crowd and the full plans for VFL Park was a 150,000 capacity stadium, was never going to work without rail, even with rail it was built too far out.

Interesting comments above about unpaid overtime in health. This is very common in so many places, universities would collapse without unpaid overtime from both academic and general staff. Plus, the amount of unpaid hours the massive number of casuals do is criminal, we know it is criminal, most unis are dealing with unpaid wages claims and the claims add up to millions.

DS

Good post. Pallas is a complete imbecile and way out of his depth. Andrew’s is an arrogant *smile* who it is looking like will leave the state in disarray.
I think that is going a bit hyperbolic on what I said o_O

I think this State Government have done some good things but what I am seeing now is all the trademarks of one that is losing sight of its accountability to the people who voted for it. Daniel Andrews is acting like a Premier who thinks he is untouchable.

Reactions: 2 users
Good post. Pallas is a complete imbecile and way out of his depth. Andrew’s is an arrogant *smile* who it is looking like will leave the state in disarray.
Hey, dont you know this forum is a lefty love in and no abuse of our Dear Leader Dan will be tolerated.

Libs are corrupt RWNJ misogynistic, climate change denying bible bashers appealing to an ever dwindling dying percentage of the population.

Labor are corrupt spendthrifts selling the future for the present. (e.g. selling the port - tax everything to be more expensive for ever, extend city link by 10 years) (to fund railway crossings - votes including some that did not need to be done - e.g. Kororoit creek road)
Now we see more moves to fund the debt incurred.

Despite what got said I worked in an industry where the privatised port immediately used its monopoly powers to raise prices massively.

Not sure what the answer is.

Reactions: 1 user
Libs are corrupt RWNJ misogynistic, climate change denying bible bashers appealing to an ever dwindling dying percentage of the population.

Labor are corrupt spendthrifts selling the future for the present. (e.g. selling the port - tax everything to be more expensive for ever, extend city link by 10 years) (to fund railway crossings - votes including some that did not need to be done - e.g. Kororoit creek road)
Now we see more moves to fund the debt incurred.

Despite what got said I worked in an industry where the privatised port immediately used its monopoly powers to raise prices massively.

Not sure what the answer is.
The one that should be deferred, not necessarily stopped, is the rail link that the Libs wanted to cut in the last state election and spend on health infrastructure. I can't remember what it is called.

The problem is that it won't be considered for cutting because that would be tantamount to saying the Libs were right and politically that is untenable.

If we see it cut then we know we are in real trouble

Last edited:
I think that is going a bit hyperbolic on what I said o_O

I think this State Government have done some good things but what I am seeing now is all the trademarks of one that is losing sight of its accountability to the people who voted for it. Daniel Andrews is acting like a Premier who thinks he is untouchable.
Yeah that’s what I said ha ha

• Haha
  • Angry
Andrew’s hubris and profligacy there to see today.

Which state asset to privatise or tax to raise to pay for this one.

*sigh*
Yet another waste of money from the teflon coated snake oil salesman. Announced the bullsh1t bid on the games to buy regional votes in Bendigo, Ballarat and Geelong 6 months before an election. 6 months after the election pulls the pin. Costs the state another $380m that it can't afford.

He will leave this state a rust belt just like Kirner did in the 90s.

Reactions: 5 users
$380 m to get out was a decent deal imo, I was expecting more. Whether we should have been in the situation in the first place is an entirely different question.
There is no doubt Andrews is in some trouble even within his own party where the factions are after him. The leak that lead to Lily D’Ambrosio’s problems was absolutely deliberate. She is from the Premier’s faction.
It is however like Richmond v North yesterday. He is playing really poorly but will still probably win

Yet another waste of money from the teflon coated snake oil salesman. Announced the bullsh1t bid on the games to buy regional votes in Bendigo, Ballarat and Geelong 6 months before an election. 6 months after the election pulls the pin. Costs the state another $380m that it can't afford.

He will leave this state a rust belt just like Kirner did in the 90s.
Well they fell for it hook line & sinker. Should be Stinker as Dan stinks but Vic voters cannot smell his crap. Just luv that Sintiger post "imo decent deal ". Sin do you live next to Dan ?.

Well they fell for it hook line & sinker. Should be Stinker as Dan stinks but Vic voters cannot smell his crap. Just luv that Sintiger post "imo decent deal ". Sin do you live next to Dan ?.
So clearly you don’t read my posts Tigaman but I should expect you to lead with your chin.
I am very critical of Dan and have been consistently for a long time now.
What I said was that the deal to get out of it was less than I expected. I have a good friend who has a background in funding of major events over many years including Olympic Games and he told me weeks ago he was expecting a number well north of $500 million given the contract that was in place

Interesting comments above about unpaid overtime in health. This is very common in so many places, universities would collapse without unpaid overtime from both academic and general staff. Plus, the amount of unpaid hours the massive number of casuals do is criminal, we know it is criminal, most unis are dealing with unpaid wages claims and the claims add up to millions.
I think we need to be very careful with this particular case David. There is no doubt it will be appealed.
This case has never been about unpaid overtime claimed. All public hospitals pay junior doctors claimed legitimate overtime. This claim is saying that junior doctors were encouraged to work some overtime and not claim it. Not even by being told not to do it but by an unwritten expectation that this was the norm.
This is not the opinion of the management.
There are some openly calling it wage theft, including the AMA ( known by many as the CFMEU in white coats). That is quite outrageous in my opinion.
To be 100% clear I am all for going after those who practice true wage theft.

$380 m to get out was a decent deal imo, I was expecting more. Whether we should have been in the situation in the first place is an entirely different question.

I think that's fair. It was quite funny seeing the media and State Liberal politicians claim it was going to be in the billions without any proof to back it up (the price went up every day). What we don't hear from these very same people is that the former Morison government paid 10 times that amount to cancel the french submarine contract and then proceeded to commit us to another dud deal.

Well they fell for it hook line & sinker. Should be Stinker as Dan stinks but Vic voters cannot smell his crap.

Victorians understand mistakes were made. No doubt. The problem for the critics is that no one gives a flying fig about the Comm Games. And no one believes the OTT narrative that it has ruined Victoria's reputation internationally. Thats a p!sser.

Reactions: 1 users
The fact that people are talking about $380 million as the number and it being a decent outcome is staggering. There has already been another $200 million spent and then you have the redundancy costs plus the lawyer costs. Why the secrecy with the document? Why can't the public see the outcome?

The entire process needs to be drilled into. An election promise that was never costed properly. Every project is over budget. Cost blowouts galore.

The CBD is a wasteland. Debt levels sprialling. And the opposition is hopeless, can't land a glove. Said it before, Dan Stans are MAGA light. Refuse to think anything is wrong and the media is the issue. Sound familiar?
Victorians understand mistakes were made. No doubt.

No they don't. No one I know is giving this a pass or just a mistake. There is outrage and people want full transparency about how it happened.

But, no. We get a sealed document that helps no one besides the government.

Reactions: 6 users
No one I know is giving this a pass or just a mistake. There is outrage and people want full transparency about how it happened.
No one I know really cares about this at all. The only comment I've heard consistently is that we should never have agreed to do it in the first place, but cancelling is the right move.

Reactions: 1 users
No one I know really cares about this at all. The only comment I've heard consistently is that we should never have agreed to do it in the first place, but cancelling is the right move.
You still in Asia? No one argues about cancelling it, it was the right thing to do. Giving the Goverment a pass for spending $380 million (reckon it's already closer to $650 BTW, there was already $200 million of works in the budget) to save billions is strange logic. Andrews bragged about how it could and would be done.

Any pub or local footy club, family or social event when the conversation moves to politics or government, everyone laughs and in some form goes with "Can you believe it?"

Only Dan Andrews hardcore most rusted on fans could flag $380 million as a good outcome to solve a problem he created.

But, no. We get a sealed document that helps no one besides the government.

Commercial in confidence will keep all of this a secret. I'm not saying i agree with it BTW, its just reality of how government does things (both sides). And its why this upper house committee is wasting their time.