State Government | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

State Government

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Andrews had twitter whipped into a frenzy with "fake news, Murdoch lies!" for every issue from COVID to Com Games to not managing Crown.

PR Guy was the tip of the spear and Twitter is an echo chamber of Andrews barrackers. Genuine rusted on cult members.
That's reaching to claim it was Trump like following if you're just basing it on Twitter. The election results would show that Andrews' appeal was far and wide. Much further and wider than the Twitter userbase.

From what I remember of PR Guy, who was proven just to be joe public and not paid for by anyone, he started as a bit of a joke mimicking the News Corp style of clickbait negative headline they used to relentlessly attack Andrews, but in favour of Andrews.

Reactions: 1 users

bugsy

TIGERISING
Jul 31, 2004
People can think what they like about Dan Andrews but there was no credible Opposition to him. VicLibs have been and still are a useless bunch of soft hocks.

Unless Labor can come up with strong new leader ASAP then I’m certain Victoria will be in a lot more pain for years to come.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Yes, but with 70 having been removed already it's got to be a lot better than it would be if the Libs had stayed in power.
The areas/roads I travel through/on need a few more removed. Dangerous plus insane traffic jams with them.

Reactions: 1 user

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
they even accused the ABC of being against them for god’s sake.

ABC News had Rachel Baxendale on this morning having another crack at Andrews FFS.

Right wingers/Andrews critics accuse people like me of being biased (there might be some truth in that admittedly), but geez, look in your own mirror sometimes.

Andrews had twitter whipped into a frenzy with "fake news, Murdoch lies!" for every issue from COVID to Com Games to not managing Crown.

PR Guy was the tip of the spear and Twitter is an echo chamber of Andrews barrackers. Genuine rusted on cult members.

I have always laughed at how people who blindly adore Trump call Andrews followers cultists without a hint of irony :LOL:

As for PR_Guy, he had to reveal his real name to prove he wasn't a Victorian government employee. But I put it to you to name one thing PR_Guy has said on Twitter that is/was not factually correct...? compare that to Murdoch who thrives in misinformation and the gullible suckers who are still dumb enough eat it up.

Reactions: 1 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
ABC News had Rachel Baxendale on this morning having another crack at Andrews FFS.

Right wingers/Andrews critics accuse people like me of being biased (there might be some truth in that admittedly), but geez, look in your own mirror sometimes.
As soon as some dares talk down of Andrews, they are bagged. Shouldn't the ABC be presenting both sides? There is far more left on ABC than Right.

I have always laughed at how people who blindly adore Trump call Andrews followers cultists without a hint of irony :LOL:
I hate Trumpers more but the similarities with the Andrews worshippers are undeniable.
"The media is out to get X"
"It's not the leaders fault"
"Look how great everything is because of X"

As for PR_Guy, he had to reveal his real name to prove he wasn't a Victorian government employee. But I put it to you to name one thing PR_Guy has said on Twitter that is/was not factually correct...? compare that to Murdoch who thrives in misinformation and the gullible suckers who are still dumb enough eat it up.
If you think that PR guy is 100% factually correct and doesn't twist facts & figures and has an pro-Andrews agenda on everything then I don't know what to tell you.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
There is far more left on ABC than Right
Serious? Since Ita took over Insiders has turned into a News Corp employees gathering with the odd smattering of Guardian reporters. Q&A ensures it has as many views from the left and right. To the point where even if a subject is agreed by 90% of the scientific community (Climate Change as an example), ABC ensures that both sides of the debate have equal weighting. 7:30 will go hard at both sides of the government. ABC News often quotes articles from the Australian, the worst of the News Corp rags.

If you think that PR guy is 100% factually correct and doesn't twist facts & figures and has an pro-Andrews agenda on everything then I don't know what to tell you.
Again, all PR Guy is doing is using News Corp tactics in reverse.

The media didn't like Andrews. He refused to play their game and they hated the fact they couldn't influence him. Especially News Corp which resulted in the very obvious campaign against everything he did. When Andrews returned fire by halting all government print newspaper ads, News Corp were incredulous and started wailing.

I'm not saying everything Andrews did was great, or even good. But to deny there was an all out assault on him and his leadership by News Corp is more inline with an Anti-Dan Trumpist.

Reactions: 4 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Worthy of a read just to see how News Corp reacted to Andrews stepping down

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
As soon as some dares talk down of Andrews, they are bagged. Shouldn't the ABC be presenting both sides? There is far more left on ABC than Right.

the ABC board has been stacked with Liberals and their independence has gone. they are going down the same trajectory as the BBC. Ita leaving is a good start, but the whole board should have been stood down.

But i think the bigger issue (not just the ABC, but all forms of media in Australia) is the lack of investigative journalism. There was an infamous 7:30 episode last year after Morrison called the election. Leigh Sales interviewed him. Later on it was fact-checked and virtually every sentence muttered from Morrison's mouth was a lie. And Leigh Sales did not challenge him once. NOT ONCE!!!

provide examples or STFU. To me, it just feels like you're salty because one person is trying to provide balance and perspective against a tidalwave of imbalance. Plus the guy is not a professional journalist, unlike Murdoch Media employees.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
provide examples or STFU. To me, it just feels like you're salty because one person is trying to provide balance and perspective against a tidalwave of imbalance. Plus the guy is not a professional journalist, unlike Murdoch Media employees.
LOL, I voted for him because of how bad the opposition are and continues to be. And as for PR Guy, just yesterday and i quote "the man of unbreakable integrity who led Australia through the pandemic". How many lies in 11 words do you want?

You are a classic example, you can't question the supreme leader.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
LOL, I voted for him because of how bad the opposition are and continues to be. And as for PR Guy, just yesterday and i quote "the man of unbreakable integrity who led Australia through the pandemic". How many lies in 11 words do you want?

Thats an opinion not a statement of facts.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
And as for PR Guy, just yesterday and i quote "the man of unbreakable integrity who led Australia through the pandemic". How many lies in 11 words do you want?
Can you really not see that all PR Guy is doing is mimicking the News Corp style of posts?

The article I posted made a good point in that the war was so obvious that when they had a real point to make against Andrews, no one listened to them. Their war was won by Andrews so convincingly that he was able to use it to his advantage.

Big Tiger

Tiger Rookie
Jul 15, 2013
He certainly had his issues and the criticisms about a lack of accountability have credence. But he isn't alone on that score, politicians hate accountability.

But, he will leave us with less level crossings and a vital new addition to the train system, for these he will be thanked for decades.

I would have liked to see a lot of different things - better school funding, better hospital funding etc but he's been alright.

Also, will be remembered for putting peoples' lives first during the pandemic, how many lives were saved by the restrictions we will never know, but that will be remembered, and distorted by many, for a very long time.

DS
Good to see you obviously didn't know/weren't related to any of the 800+ his disastrous handling of hotel quarantine killed, not to mention the businesses he destroyed.

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
Good to see you obviously didn't know/weren't related to any of the 800+ his disastrous handling of hotel quarantine killed, not to mention the businesses he destroyed.
Davo like many other Labor/Andrews supporters only see things one way,they don't give a *smile* about anything if it's against there narrative.
The prick is gone ,and watch Labor fall in the hole Andrews built.

• Haha

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

Understand the difference between opinion and facts mate.

But i would argue its accurate.

Ignore all of the Herald Sun crazy accusations of corruption. Even they privately acknowledged behind the scenes the man was squeaky clean. They just kept throwing mud in the hope that it would stick. it never did and there is a reason why it didn't...

As for leading the country... I mean that's subjective. Canberra didn't lead the country, that's for sure. During the first wave in early 2020, Andrews probably was front and centre of the national response (if you can remember that far). During the second wave here, he built the ring of steel that protected the whole country (something NSW failed to do in 2021 and that ended disastrously). And he did an unbelievable job getting Victoria vaccinated after NSW stole our Pfizer vaccines and he pushed AZ. He never once sooked. He just dusted himself off and got on with the job... like a real leader does. Were mistakes made? undoubtedly. But Andrews will be remembered for being a key leader and player in the Australian COVID response.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Yeah, we aren't going to get close to agreeing. Our state was more locked down than anywhere else on the country by far , our aged care facility performed worse than anyone, our hotel quarantine was a debacle and in every inquiry old mate was less than helpful. "I don't recall" was his mantra.

I would hardly call that leading the country but you do think that's accurate. I think it's BS beyond belief.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Thought Andrews was alright. Certainly feel that there were a fair few coverups and money for mates etc, but nothing on the scale of NSW or QLD back in the day.

People who pay out on him for covid deaths really need to take a good hard looks at some facts, instead of reading too many Qanon facebook pages. IMO, Scumo and Gladys really dropped the ball on this one, so hard that it made it at least a couple of k's into the earth's centre!

Then we have the Victorian LNP. Imagine if that mob of misfits (anyone remember Tim Smith? and who the hell is/ was the 'leader' of the party in Vic???) were in control during the past decade. I, for one, remember Kennett gifting schools to his mate Balieau, as well as selling off all our state assets so the books didn't look like the absolute disaster they were!!!! On this, Labor has had to built a *smile* tonne of schools to fill the gaps made by Kennet and the LNP. Bloody disgraceful!

To summarise. Don't really car if Danny boy is gone or not. Glad the LNP aren't in charge, and hope they aren't for bloody ages to come. In my ideal world, the old Aust Dems would be around and we would have a minority lead parliaments, both state and federally.

The bastards sure haven't being kept honest lately.

Reactions: 4 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Yeah, we aren't going to get close to agreeing. Our state was more locked down than anywhere else on the country by far , our aged care facility performed worse than anyone, our hotel quarantine was a debacle and in every inquiry old mate was less than helpful. "I don't recall" was his mantra.
Yet @Sintiger who is right in the thick of things during Covid is quick to point out that if we hadn't locked down, our deaths would be many thousands more. And you do know Aged Care is a federal government responsibility right?