State Government | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

State Government

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
I can't find the link but I thought this was politics at it's best, or worst, depending on your politicalnt. In the HUN yesterday, page 18, a FULL page ad on the $107 mill being paid to Victoria. Not many words, so I will type it out to give an idea to those who don't read the HUN.
Headline in bold: Injecting $107m into Victorian hospitals.
- This will reverse cuts made by the Victorian government.
- It means that patients will benefit directly from the Commonwealth's investment which will see funding grow from $3.6 billion in 2012-13 to $4.5 billion in 2015-16. That's an increase of $900 million (The bold is in the ad, not my highlighting)
- Paid direct to your local hospital

There is a picture of an emergency nurse in the ad. If you look at it long enough, she looks a lot like Gillard. I'm not kidding.

The main reason I posted this is that the $107 million is the funds that the federal government withheld, isn't it? It ISN'T reverse cuts the Victorian government has done, it is reversing the decision the FEDERAL government made.
This ad is in one paper, I don't know if it's in others, but how much would that cost? Surely the money would be better spent on actually doing something about health, rather than disingenously promote themselves?
For what it's worth, the state government has done worse with bigger cuts, then denying there are cuts. I'm getting sick and tired of the lies being peddled about by BOTH sides of politics, and BOTH levels of parliament.
My dream is to have ALL politicians hooked up to lie dectectors whenever they open their mouths, and for large electric shocks to be administered every time they lie. Unfortunately, that would mean huge electricity price increases to all of us.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Ted the toff has goneski. Don't like the guy but deserves credit for falling on his sword. Looks like napthine will replace him.

Azza

Tiger Champion
Aug 30, 2007
Ian4 said:
Ted the toff has goneski. Don't like the guy but deserves credit for falling on his sword. Looks like napthine will replace him.

Smart move.

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
All about nipping it in the bud to keep from distracting from Tony's run at the PM's job. Ted's policies and grandstanding have been strategic in trying to make PM Gillard look weak. This is not about Victoria. While Ryan ought to be in trouble for his role it is Ted who has gone. This whole thing stinks like yesterdays diapers.

Liverpool

How did that Julia and Kevin thing work out? :)
Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
At least Bailleau had the decency to do the right thing by the government, the state, and Tony, putting them before himself.

A shame Gillard doesn't show the same intestinal fortitude .

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Liverpool said:
At least Bailleau had the decency to do the right thing by the government, the state, and Tony, putting them before himself.

Wow, incredibly naïve imo.

Ted only quit because he didn't want to go through the humiliation of being turfed out. Politicians don't quit out of honour, no matter what party they come from.

mld

hi
Apr 1, 2006
Melbs
I don't know, Red may have stepped aside because the whole situation was looking like being too much like work.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Liverpool said:

you would think the Libs will call an election wouldnt you? an unelected leader, no majority. some might even call it an "illegitimate government".

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Brodders17 said:
you would think the Libs will call an election wouldnt you? an unelected leader, no majority. some might even call it an "illegitimate government".

Can they call an election now that we have set election dates? Or can it only be triggered by a double dissolution?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Ian4 said:
state election coming up soon and its a basically a referendum on he EW tunnel. thoughts?

I hope Dan the Man doesn't win. Dud of the highest order. Looks like it's Naptime again...

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Ian4 said:
state election coming up soon and its a basically a referendum on he EW tunnel. thoughts?
On this alone, a lot of people will vote Labour. Plenty of park cricketers do not want to see two of the best pitches in the city torn up (Straw Field).

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
TigerForce said:
I hope Dan the Man doesn't win. Dud of the highest order. Looks like it's Naptime again...

interesting you say that because i've been nothing short of impressed by him. all he has to do is not stuff up and he'll be in if the polls are any indication.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
From what the Libs in Vic are saying, they will have singed off on the EW tunnel before the election "as it has been years in the planning", not they will reveal any real info about it. If they had any cahunas they would take it to the election and let the ppl of Vic vote on it. Live by the sword and all that...

Personally I have no love for either of the major parties, or the Greens for that matter, and hope that a host of independents get into Parliament and start representing the people of the state, instead of a. The Unions, at the expense of others b. Big rich, and richer, businesses and the people at the top of them or C. The trees. Whilst the noblest of the lot, the Greens generally fall down on pretty much all other areas.

Blah

The funny thing in the state election, IMO, is that Labour can pretty much shut up shop and get a good win in November. Pretty funny, and yet sad, state of affairs really.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
the murdoch media are at it again trying to manipulate the election with their recent editorials condemning andrews for his stance on the EW link and now another front page headine trying to link andrews to some union slush fund. getting desperate methinks. i don't think the public are stupid enough to fall for it again... but it would be nice for the Hun to take a logical stance by calling for the EW link to be taken to the election. thats what the public wants.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Ian4 said:
the murdoch media are at it again trying to manipulate the election with their recent editorials condemning andrews for his stance on the EW link and now another front page headine trying to link andrews to some union slush fund. getting desperate methinks. i don't think the public are stupid enough to fall for it again... but it would be nice for the Hun to take a logical stance by calling for the EW link to be taken to the election. thats what the public wants.

Todays front page of that rag was a disgrace. I stopped buying it quite some time ago.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Ian4 said:

Unfortunately I think it has been proven that people do believe what they read, and it certainly holds true to that toilet paper masthead. How many elections now has Grandpa Crankypants managed to get a decent number of people to vote the way he wheels his barrow?

Is a bloody shame!

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
K3 said:
How many elections now has Grandpa Crankypants managed to get a decent number of people to vote the way he wheels his barrow?

this is true, but i am of the opinion that murdochs influence over the masses is beginning to reduce due to the huge expansion of social media. the murdoch media is being analysed and critiqued like never before. do yourself a favour and follow 'The Daily Rupert' on twitter.