State Government | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

State Government

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
tigertim said:
Right. It’s odd you call Guy incompetent for his record as planning minister but you seemingly overlook the appalling record of Denial Andrews as Premier.......
What's so appalling about it?

Guy is a criminal and a piece of *smile*.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
spook said:

Guy is a criminal and a piece of sh!t.
You’re all class. It’s like talking to one eyed Collingwood supporters...

East West $1.1b disaster.

Misappropriation of $388,000 on the red shirts disaster.

Closing down Hazelwood.

The UFU/CFA disaster.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
tigertim said:
You’re all class. It’s like talking to one eyed Collingwood supporters...

East West $1.1b disaster.

Misappropriation of $388,000 on the red shirts disaster.

Closing down Hazelwood.

The UFU/CFA disaster.
I am classy. Matthew Guy is not. He is a criminally corrupt piece of sh!t.

East West was the Libs' fault. They should not have signed the contract while in caretaker mode. The ALP told them not to and they did it anyway. Criminal negligence.

Red shirts was during the election campaign, not while Andrews was premier. And the Ombudsman’s report said that no Labor MPs had deliberately broken the rules.

Closing Hazelwood was the right move. It was the least efficient coal power plant in the developed world, and besides, it was privatised by Kennett in 1996, so I'm not sure how you can blame Andrews.

The firefighters thing is a mess on all sides. No easy answers there. It's not a disaster, it's an ongoing dispute over who is in charge.

As for the kind of supporters it's like talking to, Richmond is a working class club. Hawthorn, Carlton or Melbourne are more for the Liberal voters.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
...with strong Catholic roots. Another ideological conundrum for the lefties here!
Not really. 100 generations of Catholicism, three generations of Richmond, only one remains.

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
spook said:

Guy is a criminal and a piece of sh!t.

This is exactly why Victoria deserves what it gets!

Labour are backed by militant unions who are infiltrated by bikie gangs, who peddle drugs to our kids!
Daniel Andrews has half his front bench under investigation for fraud charges, and anyone with no bias knows full well whether they are guilty or not. Sh!te, they know themselves, that's why they have tried to block every single effort to investigate the whole rort.

Don't get me started on the level crossing removals. These were started by the Libs, and then rorted by Labour, who have even removed crossings with only 3 trained going through a day - because they are in marginal electorates. Meanwhile people are still getting killed at genuinely dangerous crossings.

As to what Labour have done to our courts and police. Left wing judges appointed by Rob Hulls, that we can't remove unless they retire or commit a crime. Police that watch gangs riot, and then ask the public for witnesses 4 days later. Here's an idea, arrest on the spot and alleviate the need for witnesses to find them later!

Treasury refuse to even sign off on the bollocks figures Daniel Andrews party has just provided to them.

Secret deals with China FFS! If these deals were good for Victoria, believe me, Daniel Andrews would be standing on hill tops telling us all about them, but instead these deals are secret????? Doesn't he represent us as a public servant? How bloody arrogant is this idiot that he goes into an election campaign not telling us what he's signed us up for?

As for this "Working Class" myth! Do you really think Labour what you to get ahead and do well? Isn't it the strugglers who vote for them? Why would they erode their own base?

Labour has lurched so far left they are now like voting for the greens of 20 years ago. The problem is voting Liberal is like voting for Labour of 20 years ago.

Simple question:
As a worker, when are you more likely to be better paid?
a) When your boss's company is struggling
b) When your boss's company is flourishing?

Helping business to flourish creates more investment, more employment which leads to an employee's market where there is lots of choice of what work you do and who you work for.

Squash business with taxes on "The Rich" etc and you lose jobs and create an employers market where they know you're screwed because there are no other jobs for you to move to.

It seems the further south you go in Australia, the lower the IQ. It's like we are masochists.

Personally, i couldn't give a sh!te anymore. I will simply keep getting up at half 1 every morning and dragging money out of the US stock exchange on gapping stocks. Be back in bed by 2am or 10 past 2, and sleep like a baby. I don't provide a product. I don't provide a service and it used to bother me. Now i seriously could not give a fat fling.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
*smile*el said:
This is exactly why Victoria deserves what it gets!

Labour are backed by militant unions who are infiltrated by bikie gangs, who peddle drugs to our kids!
Daniel Andrews has half his front bench under investigation for fraud charges, and anyone with no bias knows full well whether they are guilty or not. Sh!te, they know themselves, that's why they have tried to block every single effort to investigate the whole rort.

Don't get me started on the level crossing removals. These were started by the Libs, and then rorted by Labour, who have even removed crossings with only 3 trained going through a day - because they are in marginal electorates. Meanwhile people are still getting killed at genuinely dangerous crossings.

As to what Labour have done to our courts and police. Left wing judges appointed by Rob Hulls, that we can't remove unless they retire or commit a crime. Police that watch gangs riot, and then ask the public for witnesses 4 days later. Here's an idea, arrest on the spot and alleviate the need for witnesses to find them later!

Treasury refuse to even sign off on the bollocks figures Daniel Andrews party has just provided to them.

Secret deals with China FFS! If these deals were good for Victoria, believe me, Daniel Andrews would be standing on hill tops telling us all about them, but instead these deals are secret????? Doesn't he represent us as a public servant? How bloody arrogant is this idiot that he goes into an election campaign not telling us what he's signed us up for?

As for this "Working Class" myth! Do you really think Labour what you to get ahead and do well? Isn't it the strugglers who vote for them? Why would they erode their own base?

Labour has lurched so far left they are now like voting for the greens of 20 years ago. The problem is voting Liberal is like voting for Labour of 20 years ago.

Simple question:

Helping business to flourish creates more investment, more employment which leads to an employee's market where there is lots of choice of what work you do and who you work for.

Squash business with taxes on "The Rich" etc and you lose jobs and create an employers market where they know you're screwed because there are no other jobs for you to move to.

It seems the further south you go in Australia, the lower the IQ. It's like we are masochists.

Personally, i couldn't give a sh!te anymore. I will simply keep getting up at half 1 every morning and dragging money out of the US stock exchange on gapping stocks. Be back in bed by 2am or 10 past 2, and sleep like a baby. I don't provide a product. I don't provide a service and it used to bother me. Now i seriously could not give a fat fling.
Your comments regarding the pretence of the ALP being the party of the working man/woman is spot on. It’s a demographic I can certainly see reason for discontent from. To me it looks like they’ve been abandoned by the entire political spectrum.

On the one hand, they are sneered at as a bunch of *insert*phobic, bigoted bogan rednecks, for not having any interest in the issues relating to the culture wars and identity politics that consume the inner-city left, that dominates the ALP & Greens. And they’ve always felt looked down upon by private school, silver spoon types of the Libs, who have always tended to arrogantly look down their noses at them as a bunch of uneducated bludgers and welfare cheats.

Yes, there are significant chunks of the electorate who feel disdained by the entire political class.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
spook said:
I am classy. Matthew Guy is not. He is a criminally corrupt piece of sh!t.

East West was the Libs' fault. They should not have signed the contract while in caretaker mode. The ALP told them not to and they did it anyway. Criminal negligence.

Red shirts was during the election campaign, not while Andrews was premier. And the Ombudsman’s report said that no Labor MPs had deliberately broken the rules.

Closing Hazelwood was the right move. It was the least efficient coal power plant in the developed world, and besides, it was privatised by Kennett in 1996, so I'm not sure how you can blame Andrews.

The firefighters thing is a mess on all sides. No easy answers there. It's not a disaster, it's an ongoing dispute over who is in charge.

As for the kind of supporters it's like talking to, Richmond is a working class club. Hawthorn, Carlton or Melbourne are more for the Liberal voters.
Yeah, you’re right. Nothing was Andrews problem, it was all someone else’s fault or a misunderstanding..... ::)

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
As a real swing voter who has voted for both major parties at different times, I looked at what Vic had become, the choices of parties, and knocked back a decent job offer back in Melbourne deciding instead to sit it out a bit longer.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
*smile*el said:
This is exactly why Victoria deserves what it gets

Simple question:

I am pretty fed up with both parties to be honest - mainly at a federal level though.

At a state level - working in Government for a little while, labor are clearly more competent leaders than the libs - the libs in Victoria are a basket case organisationally and policy wise. With Andrews, it comes down to whether you like his politics - generally I think he has done well. A few big *smile* ups along the way (which is the norm now for all parties - the ambo thing and Jane Garrett the two most glaring mistakes). I don’t read to much into the China agreement or the red shirts stuff tbh.

The other points you’ve mentioned- there is an increase in the gap of wealth distribution across Aus - business have had strong profits with record investments for a long time now yet average wages in real terms are declining so your theory of flourishing businesses isn’t working.

I knew there was a reason I moved to Tassie - perhaps I relate better to people the further i go south. ;D.

We used to say the same about IQ’s the further you travelled north once - how things have flipped in recent times.

Edit so my post makes sense :D

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
jb03 said:
What happened Scotty?

https://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/news/geelong/police-minister-lisa-neville-dismisses-liberal-partys-video-of-her-captured-the-day-after-the-bourke-st-terrorist-attack/news-story/715889807700c3d0fdb61fca82f2af2c

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
DavidSSS said:
As a worker I am (nothing likely or unlikely about this) better paid when my union is strong.

DS

As an employer I’m so happy not to have any union near our workplace. We pay miles above award and reward effort, application etc. I don’t need the likes of John sekta telling me how to run my business.

I’ve had experience with unions at a previous employer and thugs with weapons preventing work from continuing and bashing owners will never get my support.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
MD Jazz said:
As an employer I’m so happy not to have any union near our workplace. We pay miles above award and reward effort, application etc. I don’t need the likes of John sekta telling me how to run my business.

I’ve had experience with unions at a previous employer and thugs with weapons preventing work from continuing and bashing owners will never get my support.

I've had experience with corrupt and negligent businesses. BHP's Samarko mine disaster in Brazil that killed 19 and did huge environmental and infrastructure damage when they knew it could well happen prior to it happening, and the ANZ bank, and all Aus banks, that sold viable farms out from under hard working people who had been there generations via dodgey valuations and short term results, causing multiple suicides and huge stress.

but whatevs.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
tigersnake said:
and the ANZ bank, and all Aus banks, that sold viable farms out from under hard working people who had been there generations via dodgey valuations and short term results, causing multiple suicides and huge stress.

but whatevs.

I love how the bank lending money to someone and that person then being unable to pay it back is all the banks fault.

When did personal financial responsibility get passed on to a third party?

People running unsustainable businesses is not the banks fault. Borrowing money one can’t afford to repay is not the banks fault. How much pressure do you think some customers have put their lenders under?

Funny thing is everyone whinges when the banks makes credit difficult to source.

Worked as a tax accountant and the amount of clients wanting one set of books for the ATO and another for the bank was huge. Not many small business owners are honest when it comes to paying tax. But all want it to be easy to borrow for a car, a house, an investment property, new equipment etc etc.

It’s not always “big business” that is at fault.