State Government | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

State Government

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Ian4 said:
this is true, but i am of the opinion that murdochs influence over the masses is beginning to reduce due to the huge expansion of social media. the murdoch media is being analysed and critiqued like never before. do yourself a favour and follow 'The Daily Rupert' on twitter.

The official sounding one @themurdochtimes or the other?

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Good work Daniel. Hope this is resolved soon. Our ambos deserve far better.

Ambulance Victoria board resigns

THE board of Ambulance Victoria has resigned after new Premier Daniel Andrews told them he would sack them if they didn't step down.
MR Andrews was sworn in as premier on Thursday and hours later sent a long-running pay dispute between paramedics and the state government to the Fair Work Commission.
"As promised, I'm putting this case in the hands of the independent umpire - it's the best way to get a fair decision," Mr Andrews said on Friday.
Mr Andrews wrote to the commission to say he had told the interim CEO of Ambulance Victoria to meet with the ambulance union and arrange a joint application.
The board resigned on Friday morning after Mr Andrews said he expected their resignations by the close of business.
"I have lost all confidence in the board of Ambulance Victoria," Mr Andrews said before Saturday's election.
A Labor spokesman said the board had resigned and an administrator would be appointed soon.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
looks like a big win for the good guys tomorrow. hopefully Andrews increases his majority, which would put him in the box seat to win in 2022 as well 8-

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Ian4 said:
looks like a big win for the good guys tomorrow. hopefully Andrews increases his majority, which would put him in the box seat to win in 2022 as well 8-
The good guys :rofl.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Losing an election with East West, rampant crime, surging power prices, union shenanigans and the red shirts rort & cover-up (for starters) as ammo says Guy has run an incompetent campaign, and points to him being an incompetent premier. But it says more about the decline of values and general apathy of Victorians.

Personally, am well placed to ride it out and won't be entertaining any complaints. Victoria, you deserve it.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Rampant crime?

And power prices are more of a federal issue, plus who was it who sold our power infrastructure.....

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
IanG said:
Rampant crime?

And power prices are more of a federal issue, plus who was it who sold our power infrastructure.....

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/state-politics/victorian-crime-and-murder-rates-rise-higher/news-story/3504b8bfcacfc4fc5424cd3cc990a4b8

The murder rate has jumped by almost 30 per cent in the past year in Victoria, where a violent crime wave continues to worsen and incidences of robbery, carjacking and assault are on the rise.

http://www.ectltd.com.au/power-pain-as-wholesale-energy-prices-double-in-a-year/

Wholesale electricity prices have more than doubled in the past year in Victoria and South Australia.

But you're right, it's on the federal government's head to lead on energy reform.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/state-politics/victorian-crime-and-murder-rates-rise-higher/news-story/3504b8bfcacfc4fc5424cd3cc990a4b8

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-20/victoria-crime-rate-down-new-criminal-statistics-agency-figures/10284918

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Ian4 said:
Ah the sophisticated level of critical thought that comes to the conclusion that one team is all good and one all bad. Goodies vs badies ::)

Personally, If I was a Victorian elector in Werribee, I'd be very tempted to vote for a truly independent mind, like Rachel Carling-Jenkins, to give a kick up the arse to the comfortable cosy arrangement the majors fall into with safe seats.

Sure she's unquestionably a socially conservative lady and tends to be a a bit too dogmatic on a couple of issues, that she is a fair way to the right of me on (I tend to sway a bit conservative on many social issues, but from a secular perspective, so tend to be a more pragmatic than she on these issues). But on a whole she is part of that Catholic Labour tradition (being a former member of the DLP), who make no secret that they hold traditional views on many topics, but still have the social justice conscience to make looking after the most vulnerable and quality of life for all, a priority. And she's an independent who I believe will always stick to her conscience.

I'm not in Victoria, so don't get the latest polling news. Is she actually any realistic shot of winning the seat she is running for in the lower house? That would be a turn up if the Treasurer was unseated.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
IanG said:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-20/victoria-crime-rate-down-new-criminal-statistics-agency-figures/10284918
Yep, figures dropped in 2018....after spiking in 2016 and 2017....

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Losing an election with East West, rampant crime, surging power prices, union shenanigans and the red shirts rort & cover-up (for starters) as ammo says Guy has run an incompetent campaign, and points to him being an incompetent premier. But it says more about the decline of values and general apathy of Victorians.

Personally, am well placed to ride it out and won't be entertaining any complaints. Victoria, you deserve it.
Guy is a fckwit, and a piece of *smile*.

Crime is so rampant, I am scared to step outside. Just a terrifying place to live, Victoria.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
spook said:
Crime is so rampant, I am scared to step outside. Just a terrifying place to live, Victoria.

thats the only argument they make when ironically the stats say the opposite. typical "Lieberal" scare campaign and Victorians have seen through it. mind you, thats pretty easy to do when they have no other policies. But at least L2R2R and I agree on one thing... that Guy has ran an incompetent campaign. but what else would you expect from an incompetent politician.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Ian4 said:
thats the only argument they make when ironically the stats say the opposite. typical "Lieberal" scare campaign and Victorians have seen through it. mind you, thats pretty easy to do when they have no other policies. But at least L2R2R and I agree on one thing... that Guy has ran an incompetent campaign. but what else would you expect from an incompetent politician.
I find Guy bland and underwhelming but what makes him incompetent?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I'm no Labor or Liberal follower, but I reckon Dan the Man wins easily. Matthew Guy is a wimp.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
tigertim said:

Been practically invisible during scandal after Labor scandal. He's left his run far too late, if he was a jockey you'd sack him. A quarter of the votes have been cast already. Has seemed almost as though he has something to hide.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
tigertim said:

His inability to make inroads despite all of the issues that Lee listed above.

Guy is a borderline crook - the state Libs must be light on for depth.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
tigertim said:

might i suggest you check out his record as planning minister?

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Been practically invisible during scandal after Labor scandal. He's left his run far too late, if he was a jockey you'd sack him. A quarter of the votes have been cast already. Has seemed almost as though he has something to hide.

probably because he does. Ventnor. Fishermans bend. Lobster with Mobster.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Ian4 said:
might i suggest you check out his record as planning minister?
Right. It’s odd you call Guy incompetent for his record as planning minister but you seemingly overlook the appalling record of Denial Andrews as Premier.......

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
jb03 said:
His inability to make inroads despite all of the issues that Lee listed above.

Guy is a borderline crook - the state Libs must be light on for depth.

Yeh, he must have done some big backdoor deals whilst planning minister. Some awful changes were made.