State Government | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

State Government

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Ridley said:
Yeah seems that way. Removing level crossings has been a big success. A very good project. But I really don’t get the opposition to the East West Link. Anyone who travels around Melbourne knows we need another East West crossing. The Monash - West Gate is a joke. A city of 5 million plus and growing fast needs more than that.

Andrews’ West Gate tunnel is a joke. All it does is funnel traffic to the Tullamarine freeway / City Link. It has no impact on traffic travelling to the eastern and south eastern suburbs which still contains the largest portion of Melbourne’s population.
Good for transurban shareholders

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Sintiger said:
The message for the liberal party is in these pages and in many of the posts on social media I have seen. Lots of people bagging them are not Labor supporters, they are people who are swinging voters and may have voted liberal in the past.

If the LNP moves even more socially conservative and towards to Dutton/Abbott view of the world they will get routed in the federal election next year as well.

They would be insane if that is the message they take from this result.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Ridley said:
Andrews just can’t help himself. Basically gave his biggest thanks to the trade union movement. Setka and his cronies must be breaking out the cigars
He has to thank them, they are the reason he is premier. He is owned by the CFMEU, the ANMF and the UFU and that is how he became leader of the labor party.

Victoria has decided to pick him rather than the bloke owned by the property developers

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Sintiger said:
He has to thank them, they are the reason he is premier. He is owned by the CFMEU, the ANMF and the UFU and that is how he became leader of the labor party.

Victoria has decided to pick him rather than the bloke owned by the property developers

Personally I prefer a Premier who isn’t owned by anyone. But that’s probably a bit naive and idealistic in this day and age.

Can’t stand the thought of Setka and co getting everything they want for the next 4 years.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
jb03 said:
Libs could lose Brighton to D Martin.

Who is 19 and only started campaigning 2 months ago.
Says it all. The Libs can't even hold Brighton. Running a Liberal Party hack. They lost Brighton to the ALP, who were running a student. Braaahhton. Lost Hawthorn too. Lots of dumb people in those areas booting out the party that's held sway for 4+ decades going on forever. Not enough African gangs in Brighton, clearly the problem.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Ridley said:
Personally I prefer a Premier who isn’t owned by anyone. But that’s probably a bit naive and idealistic in this day and age.

Can’t stand the thought of Setka and co getting everything they want for the next 4 years.
100 % agree

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
spook said:
Says it all. The Libs can't even hold Brighton. Running a Liberal Party hack. They lost Brighton to the ALP, who were running a student. Braaahhton. Lost Hawthorn too. Lots of dumb people in those areas booting out the party that's held sway for 4+ decades going on forever. Not enough African gangs in Brighton, clearly the problem.
:hihi

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Great day for Victoria. We have said no to fear mongering politics. Let that be a lesson to the Liberals nationally

Ridley said:
Andrews just can’t help himself. Basically gave his biggest thanks to the trade union movement. Setka and his cronies must be breaking out the cigars.

Really hope Andrews keeps it moderate and doesn’t use this landslide to lurch to the left. The union movement serves a purpose but needs to be kept in check. After all they are not the ones that pay their members’ wages.

I'll catch up with the rest of the comments in this thread later, but felt i had to respond to this.

I have to say i feel exactly the opposite. It was great to see him make menton of how progressive Victoria is and the importance of the union movement.

And looking towards the future, I'd like like to see him be more bold with his huge majority by stepping it up in social progressive policies.

We now get to look forward new anti wage theft laws and industrial manslaughter. Free dental for kids is also fantastic.

But the big ticket item for me is to get us on a quicker road to decriminalising drugs. Many countries have already legalised pot. Its happening way to slowly here.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Interesting to see how much this ALP landslide affects ScoMo in May next year......and Shorten still worries me...

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Ian4 said:
Great day for Victoria. We have said no to fear mongering politics. Let that be a lesson to the Liberals nationally

I'll catch up with the rest of the comments in this thread later, but felt i had to respond to this.

I have to say i feel exactly the opposite. It was great to see him make menton of how progressive Victoria is and the importance of the union movement

As I said the union movement serves a purpose and it’s important that employees are treated fairly. But it too often goes way over the top. Some of the conditions that Andrews has endorsed and allowed Setka and his mates to control are beyond the pale. Unions don’t pay employees; employers do.

I’m old enough to remember rust belt Victoria in the Cain and Kirner years. Trams striking and clogging city roads for days. Unemployment through the roof. Lay offs and redundancies everywhere.

I actually think Andrews is doing okay. I just hope he is strong enough to resist the overtures of union militancy now he has a big mandate. Remain moderate and balanced.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
TigerForce said:
Interesting to see how much this ALP landslide affects ScoMo in May next year......and Shorten still worries me...

Unfortunately Shorten is the next PM. He just needs to shut his stupid mouth and it’s all his. They will win the election in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs alone.

The Libs have only themselves to blame.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Ridley said:
Unfortunately Shorten is the next PM. He just needs to shut his stupid mouth and it’s all his. They will win the election in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs alone.

The Libs have only themselves to blame.
Unfortunately Shorten is the next PM, but fortunately Labor is the next government. Better people, better talent, better policies, better for the country.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
tigersnake said:
didn't see the RC Jazzy ól son?

Of course it exposed bad ethics and criminal behaviour. And those in charge should be punished.

But there’s plenty of law breakers every day lodging falsified tax returns and such. I’d imagine 90% of PRE posters have broken the law and ripped off their fellow taxpayers. And probably done it for years too. Actually 90% is probably conservative.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
spook said:

Amazing the Vics voted ALP when they were getting bashed by the blacks everytime the left the house. How dumb can people be?