State Government | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

State Government

The Royal Commission into the unions found two cases of criminality and the Libs paraded the AFP's dawn raid for front pages and news bulletins. The Royal Commission into the banks that the Libs voted against dozens of times found 30,000+ instances of criminality - where's the AFP photo opp?

MD Jazz said:
I love how the bank lending money to someone and that person then being unable to pay it back is all the banks fault.

When did personal financial responsibility get passed on to a third party?

People running unsustainable businesses is not the banks fault. Borrowing money one can’t afford to repay is not the banks fault. How much pressure do you think some customers have put their lenders under?

Funny thing is everyone whinges when the banks makes credit difficult to source.

Worked as a tax accountant and the amount of clients wanting one set of books for the ATO and another for the bank was huge. Not many small business owners are honest when it comes to paying tax. But all want it to be easy to borrow for a car, a house, an investment property, new equipment etc etc.

It’s not always “big business” that is at fault.

didn't see the RC Jazzy ól son?

spook said:
The Royal Commission into the unions found two cases of criminality and the Libs paraded the AFP's dawn raid for front pages and news bulletins. The Royal Commission into the banks that the Libs voted against dozens of times found 30,000+ instances of criminality - where's the AFP photo opp?

spot on. The Libs have an RC into the unions every time they regain government and they never find much. They fought the bank RC tooth and nail, and it found a shipload.

Geez....Ringwood massive swing to ALP.

Dan the Man's kicked a few goals to take a good lead over Guy.

TigerForce said:
Geez....Ringwood massive swing to ALP.

Dan the Man's kicked a few goals to take a good lead over Guy.

It’ll be a rout. ALP even look like taking a number of Liberal seats in the traditional heartland eastern suburbs. At least they will have a clear majority and won’t have to deal with the Greens.

The Liberal Party is at real risk of becoming irrelevant in Victoria. As long as the ALP remains reasonably moderate they could well govern in Victoria for a very long time.

Ridley said:
It’ll be a rout. ALP even look like taking a number of Liberal seats in the traditional heartland eastern suburbs. At least they will have a clear majority and won’t have to deal with the Greens.

The Liberal Party is at real risk of becoming irrelevant in Victoria. As long as the ALP remains reasonably moderate they could well govern in Victoria for a very long time.
Yep. Definitely looks like it. Kennett's weakening as the years go on and couldn't give a hoot about his old Burwood seat now.

Libs could even lose Hawthorn and Caulfield. This will probably be the party’s worst result ever.

Never expected them to win but this is a staggering result.

They may as well disband.

ABC predicting 59 seats to Labor, 18 Liberal, 6 Nationals, 2 Greens, 2 Independents. 4.6% swing to Labor, 6.2% swing away from Libs.

Absolute slaughter.

Ridley said:
Libs could even lose Hawthorn and Caulfield. This will probably be the party’s worst result ever.

Never expected them to win but this is a staggering result.

They may as well disband.

Just shows if you keep the smugness out of your personality, you win friends which is what Dan's done in some way.

Looked like a dud when he campaigned in 2010 but turned out to be a good solid player.

TigerForce said:
Just shows if you keep the smugness out of your personality, you win friends which is what Dan's done in some way.

Looked like a dud when he campaigned in 2010 but turned out to be a good solid player.
Yep, he's nothing special, but I think people also like the fact he's actually done things, in stark contrast to Naptime and Ballieu, who did sweet fa year after year.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
It’s not all bad, the Greens are slinking back to their caves.

Victoria, you stupid bastards.

The Kermits are losing Northcote back to the ALP. Ha ha ha.....

spook said:
Yep, he's nothing special, but I think people also like the fact he's actually done things, in stark contrast to Naptime and Ballieu, who did sweet fa year after year.

Go back earlier to Dumby and Slacks.

TigerForce said:
Go back earlier to Dumby and Slacks.
They were nothing special either. There is a dearth of talent in Australian politics, most noticeably at state level. Brad Battin is going to win his third straight election in Gembrook. I knew him as a kid, he's a moron.

TigerForce said:
The Kermits are losing Northcote back to the ALP. Ha ha ha.....
ABC predicting Greens retain with 52%.

spook said:

Agree with that. The Victorian Liberal Party is pathetic. Kennett undoubtedly rubbed people up the wrong way but at least he did things. They’ve had no one since he left. Baillieu fell in only because Victorians were sick of Labor after 11 years. He was so hopeless and anaemic that he got the arse without even seeing out his term. Then they managed to get booted after one term which is very rare in Australian politics. Just shows how poor they are.

spook said:
They were nothing special either. There is a dearth of talent in Australian politics, most noticeably at state level. Brad Battin is going to win his third straight election in Gembrook. I knew him as a kid, he's a moron.

The ALP have eaten into it a bit.

TigerForce said:
The ALP have eaten into it a bit.
Quite a bit, down from 55.6% to just 50.3% with 44% of the vote counted. It's my electorate - I did my bit. Can't stand the Greens, hypocrites.

What's up with you Easterners? All whinging about Sky Rail and yet they vote for Dan's party. :hihi

I’m no advocate for the Labor party. My view is that the best thing that the premier has going for him is that he isn’t Matthew Guy.

The liberal party had no policies apart from fear and throwing people in jail. It has been completely rejected by the smart people of the state of Victoria

Jane Hume the Lib Senator on the ABC telecast seems very reasonable and measured. The Libs could do worse than get her into the Lower House and a leadership position.