State League Watch | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

State League Watch

turk-d-tiger said:
Shane Yarran , Certainly worth a look

I think he is.
He could be anything if he really wants an AFL career. He has serious pace, can take a good grab and can kick goals from beyond 50 metres.
He and cousin Chris could very well be a Phil and Jimmy Krakouer type combination.

Adding the likes of Shane Yarran, Marlon Pickett and Andrew Gallucci as rookies are high risk high reward. I'd go for it.

tigertim said:
Adding the likes of Shane Yarran, Marlon Pickett and Andrew Gallucci as rookies are high risk high reward. I'd go for it.
Don't reckon Yarran will get to the rookie draft

CC TIGER said:
Don't reckon Yarran will get to the rookie draft
Hard to tell. With all this talk about a thin draft will clubs use the ND for a couple of kids and rookie upgrades then load up on the rookie draft?

With Chris Yarran coming on board, might be the perfect time to get cousin Shane over which will make the transition for Shane much easier. Less likely to be homesick with a familiar face around and will learn from cuz what it takes to become an AFL footballer.

No thanks. Aggravated breaking and entering. Trying to stab the father in his bed while the kids are in the house.

Not someone I want at RFC

Baloo said:
No thanks. Aggravated breaking and entering. Trying to stab the father in his bed while the kids are in the house.

Not someone I want at RFC

Wow. Didn't know that. Maybe not for us then :theyareontome

Given the relative success of Adam Saad last season I'm on the hunt for a similar type this year, the one player who seems to possess many of those traits is Stuart Donnelly from the Kingborough Tigers in Tassie. He's still only 20 but has come on in leaps and bounds since the 2013 carnival, there's a touch of Pearce Hanley in the way he takes on the game, it's instinctual which is what you want to see from a young attacking half back. Granted he's coming from a lesser competition but there's still talent down there if one bothers to look hard enough. Athletically I think he fits the bill and with so few juniors cutting the mustard I'd be willing to roll the dice.

bullus_hit said:
Given the relative success of Adam Saad last season I'm on the hunt for a similar type this year, the one player who seems to possess many of those traits is Stuart Donnelly from the Kingborough Tigers in Tassie. He's still only 20 but has come on in leaps and bounds since the 2013 carnival, there's a touch of Pearce Hanley in the way he takes on the game, it's instinctual which is what you want to see from a young attacking half back. Granted he's coming from a lesser competition but there's still talent down there if one bothers to look hard enough. Athletically I think he fits the bill and with so few juniors cutting the mustard I'd be willing to roll the dice.

Shrewd pick-up there Bullus, you've got a good eye for talent. He's had a great season in Tassie. He's very quick and was in the elite category for agility in the state testing. 186cm, 77kg and is just learning that he has the athletic traits clubs like. His marking is also very sound. I doubt he is on the radar for many clubs but I think he would fit in nicely as a rookie.

Who's this Josh Porter from werribe we have been chasing all year we wanted to keep it secret bit was invited to combine any info

scooty said:
Who's this Josh Porter from werribe we have been chasing all year we wanted to keep it secret bit was invited to combine any info
Ex bushies player from Wang. Played key forward this year for W'bee, stats don't appear that spectacular n we don't really need another key forward part time ruck at the moment, can't see why we would be sniffing around him.

Here's the state league players from the IF draft edition:
Marcus Adams 192cm defender from Swan Districts, 22
Jarred Bell, 183cm hb, from Perth, 19
Aaron Black 180cm winger from West Perth, 23
Josh Branchi 203cm ruck from South Fremantle, 21
Nathan Broad 191cm hb Swan Districts 22
Mitch Brown 196cm chb/CHF Sandringham 25
Ben Cavarra 175cm mid Frankston 20
Darcy Cameron 204 cm ruck Claremont 20
Ash Close 196cm KPP Collingwood VFL 24
Dan Coghlan 186cm mid Essendon VFL 25
Ryan Davis 189cm hf Swan Districts 27
Stuart Donnelly 186cm wing Kingsborough Tigers (Tas) 20
Sam Dunell 189cm forward Sandringham 26
Bayley Fritsch 186cm wing Casey Scorpions 19
Andrew Gallucci 178 small forward Williamstown 22
Michael Gibbons 174cm mid Willamstown 20
Kyle Gray 190 defender Frankston 19
Matt Hanson 185cm mid Werribee 20
Michael Hartley 199cm KPP 22
Will Hayes 180cm mid Footscray 20
Guy Hendry 193cm KPP Pines Frankston 23
Dale Hinkley Birchip 190cm 20
Paul Hunter 200cm ruck Redlands 23
Chris Jansen 188cm mid Central Districts 20
Declan Keilty 193cm KPP Casey Scorpions 20
Tom Keough 193cm KPP West Adelaide 25
Luke Kiel 181cm mid North Ballarat 25
Patrick Levicki 194cm KPP Norwood 24
Adam Marcon 180cm mid Williamstown 23
Damian Mascitti 190cm hb Port Melbourne 23
Shane McAdam 182cm forward Claremont 20
Liam McKenna 181cm mid Perth 23
Sam Menegola 188cm mid Subiaco 23
Jordan Moncrieff 197cm KPP Casey Scorpions 23
Shane Nelson 176cm mid West Perth 22
Ryan Pendlebury 194cm defender Collingwood 23
Josh Pickess 183cm wing Frankston 20
Marlon Pickett 185cm hb South Fremantle 23
Josh Porter 195cm KPP Werribee 21
Nick Rippon 177cm mid North Ballarat 21
Aidan Tropiano 182cm mid Perth 23
Ozgur Uysal 180cm mid Coburg 23
Francis Watson 186cm hf Claremont 20
Kelvin Williams 190cm St Kevin's 18
Mackenzie Willis 183cm hb Kingsborough Tigers 20
Shane Yarran 186cm hf Subiaco 26

Something tells me Mitch Brown will get a look in this year, could even be one of the first state league players picked.

bullus_hit said:
Something tells me Mitch Brown will get a look in this year, could even be one of the first state league players picked.

Poor JB

He's disappeared in the leadup.

Not sure why. How bad could it be agreeing with everything leysy posts.

bullus_hit said:
Will go to Essendon unless someone picks him early

Leysy Days said:
He's disappeared in the leadup.

Not sure why. How bad could it be agreeing with everything leysy posts.

Well done JB.