State League Watch | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

State League Watch

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Rancey18 said:
Whoever won the VFL rising star should be our man.
That's who I'm talking about here, Tross:

spook said:
I like Bayley Fritsch from Casey. Won the Fothergill-Round Medal (runner-up in the Frosty Miller), only 20, has a bit of class about him. Leaves home at 5am and gets back at 10pm on training days, so plenty of upside when he gets into a professional environment.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
State league prospects from the Inside Footy draft edition:

Kade Answerth, Sandringham
Tom Atkins, Geelong
Liam Baker, Subiaco
Oskar Baker, Aspley
Bailey Banfield, Claremont
Ryley Barack, Werribee
Dom Barry, Glenelg
Brett Bewley, Williamstown
Gus Borthwick, Collingwood
Alex Boyse, Essendon
Anthony Brolic, Box Hill
Corey Byrne, Perth
Ben Cavarra, Williamstown
James Ferry, Essendon
Bayley Fritsch, Casey Demons
Michael Gibbons, Williamstown
Matt Guelfi, Claremont
Matt Hanson, Werribee
Nick Hind, Essendon
Marty Hore, Collingwood
Liam Hunt, coburg
Chris Jones, Box Hill
Scott Jones, East Perth
Daniel Joseph, Aspley
Tyler Keitel, West Perth
Tim Kelly, South Fremantle
Jordan Keras, Southport
Francis Kinthari, NT thunder
Zac Langdon, Claremont
Elliot Le Grice, Sandringham
Mykelti Lefau, Casey demons
Jay Lockhart, North Launceston
Damien Mascitti, Port Melbourne
Sam McLachlan, Geelong
Brody Mihocek, Port Melbourne
Josh Newman, Williamstown
Cody Ninyette, Perth
Tony Olango, NT Thunder
Nick Rippon, North Ballarat
Liam Ryan, Subiaco
Adam Sambono, NT Thunder
Haiden Sloithe, South Fremantle
Lachie *smile*, Williamstown
Derrick Smith, Richmond
Kieren Strahan, Essendon
Sam Switkowski, Box Hill
Jordan West, Woodville West Torrens
Patrick Wilson, Sturt

The last few drafts produced about 10% SLR players so it’ll be interesting if that continues.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Was Tony Olango cut by Hawthorn? Think they have first dibs.

A lot of those familiar names we see every year. Reckon it will be Fritsch, Liam Ryan, Tim Kelly & Sloithe as almost-certainties.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
That NT boy Sambono seems another interesting prospect.

The other Aboriginal boys from WA Ryan and Kelly also interesting.

Keitel also maybe worth a look for clubs desperate to stock some talls.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Tim Kelly is one that I really like. Ultimate plug and play. If I’m Brisbane, I’m using any pick after 40 on him.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
craig said:
That NT boy Sambono seems another interesting prospect.

The other Aboriginal boys from WA Ryan and Kelly also interesting.

Keitel also maybe worth a look for clubs desperate to stock some talls.

Sambono a pretty good chance. Keitel got pantsed by Sam Taylor which won't help his chances.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Scott Jones (East Perth)

Position: Ruckman

2017 WAFL Numbers: Booted 9 goals and averaged 11 disposals, 20 hit-outs and 74 Champion Data ranking points from 15 games.

IF an AFL club needs a ready-made ruckman, Jones — a 205cm, 109kg monster — is the man. After suffering a broken leg in his draft year, Jones plied his trade in East Perth’s reserves for three years before finally breaking into the Eagles’ WAFL-aligned senior side this year. Jones then took his impressive form into the WA state combine, registering a personal best 20m sprint time (3.02 seconds) before recording 20.2 in the yo-yo test. Three clubs have reportedly shown interest in Jones, with Fremantle particularly keen along with Sydney and Richmond.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Smoking Aces said:
Scott Jones (East Perth)

Position: Ruckman

2017 WAFL Numbers: Booted 9 goals and averaged 11 disposals, 20 hit-outs and 74 Champion Data ranking points from 15 games.

IF an AFL club needs a ready-made ruckman, Jones — a 205cm, 109kg monster — is the man. After suffering a broken leg in his draft year, Jones plied his trade in East Perth’s reserves for three years before finally breaking into the Eagles’ WAFL-aligned senior side this year. Jones then took his impressive form into the WA state combine, registering a personal best 20m sprint time (3.02 seconds) before recording 20.2 in the yo-yo test. Three clubs have reportedly shown interest in Jones, with Fremantle particularly keen along with Sydney and Richmond.

This is the bloke we should realkly be into , Perfect way and example of recruiting a Ruckman
Has cut his teeth in the WAFL - Plug n Play

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
turk-d-tiger said:
This is the bloke we should realkly be into , Perfect way and example of recruiting a Ruckman
Has cut his teeth in the WAFL - Plug n Play

Yo-Yo test said to me he's not plug and play. Will need a big preseason to get match fit.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
bullus_hit said:
Yo-Yo test said to me he's not plug and play. Will need a big preseason to get match fit.
What’s a yo yo test of 20 compared to in the beep bully?

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
Realy like Anthony Brolic Box hill hawks

ANTHONY BROLIC
Date of Birth: 12/9/1996
Height: 183cm
Weight: 86 kg

had a great year in 2016 .and has continued this year ..................Rookie !!

Tigers need to chat with Chris Newman .........his coach this year ................its all good!!

He made VFL Team of the Year

Fiercely competitive and beautifully skilled, Brolic is just as dangerous inside the contest as he is darting inside fifty with ball in hand. He can both create and exploit space, win his own ball or read the play to make himself the final link in the chain. Its a balance of styles that makes him a versatile and highly adaptable figure for this new-look Hawks.

His fine recent form is fitting reward for all the hard work that has gotten him to this juncture of his football career and, if theres any justice, will continue moving him headlong towards something bigger.

A snap shot such as this hardly does that journey justice, but for a player in career best form we needn’t look too far in the rear view mirror to appreciate how far he’s come and how far he might yet go.

A product of the Eastern Ranges, Brolic was a member of last season’s Development League premiership side – he kicked six and had twenty-eight touches in the Grand Final to be one of the best on ground – and had a taste of senior football during 2016, playing seven games for a Box Hill side that failed to qualify for September football for the first time since 2008.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
tigertim said:
What’s a yo yo test of 20 compared to in the beep bully?

Would be bottom 10%, don't have a chart in front of me but I'm guessing it would be a 12 beep.

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
bullus_hit said:

Seems to run out games pretty well for E.Perth when he plays - What was his YoYo score , couldnt be as bad as Hayes ?

I think with Nank and Jones rotating would work

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
turk-d-tiger said:
Seems to run out games pretty well for E.Perth when he plays - What was his YoYo score , couldnt be as bad as Hayes ?

I think with Nank and Jones rotating would work

20.2 for Jones, Hayes was one level below.

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
bullus_hit said:
20.2 for Jones, Hayes was one level below.

With a Rookie pick i would be pretty happy with that mate, When you are 206cm 109kgs and can run 3.02
There are allt of natural tools to work with and he is a good mark and decent kick and can play foward to a decent level

Nank & Jones actually make a good combination

Nank - 60/40 Ruck
Jones - 60/40 fwd