State League Watch | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

State League Watch

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
bullus_hit said:
20.2 for Jones, Hayes was one level below.

Bullus im trying to find comparison to 20.2 yoyo and the only thing i can see is its similar to a 13.4 beep , If this is correct thats actually very good for a ruckman that can run 3.02 and is 206cm 109kgs

Not sure if thats correct do you have a link to any other comparison charts

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
turk-d-tiger said:
Bullus im trying to find comparison to 20.2 yoyo and the only thing i can see is its similar to a 13.4 beep , If this is correct thats actually very good for a ruckman that can run 3.02 and is 206cm 109kgs

Not sure if thats correct do you have a link to any other comparison charts

Don't think that's correct, bottom 10% would typically be under the 12 mark. Unless we've got an unusually fit batch this year I would think a 13.4 beep would be mid to low 21. To be honest I'm relying more on percentiles until I can get my head around this stuff, Bonar was bottom 12% and ran a 20.4.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
So 9 State leaguers got drafted which is better than the 10% rule that’s applied to the last few drafts:

Tim Kelly, Bayley Fritsch, Scott Jones, Sam Switkowski, Liam Ryan, Jarrod Garlett, Oskar Baker, Matt Guelfi and Dom Barry.

Expect another 7-8 in the rookie draft.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Good to see Guelfi get a go, thought he was stiff to miss out last year. Shame the poor bugger has to go the Essendon.

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
Look for Marty Hore from Collingwood VFL to get rookied by somebody, classy player. Reminds me of Mackie

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
spook said:
Good to see Guelfi get a go, thought he was stiff to miss out last year. Shame the poor bugger has to go the Essendon.

Yes, surprised his teammate Bailey Banfield didn't get picked up this year. He's a good sized midfielder who at 19 won Claremont's best and fairest in their league side, i hope we rookie him.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
So the rookie/psd draft saw 7 SLR: Cam O’Shea, David Mirra, Brody Mihocek, Bailey Banfield, Nick Holman Tony Olonga and Billy Gowers out of a total of 37 selections (19%)

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Yep, it will always be an excellent source of very good players.

Add our rookie pick as well Toothless.

Great to see Mirra picked up. Can step up to AFL level - bloody good footballer.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Leysy Days said:
Yep, it will always be an excellent source of very good players.

Add our rookie pick as well Toothless.
I didn’t include Smith as it appears he played for Bendigo Pioneers (as a 19 year old) for Richmond VFL (as the 23rd man who have to be 19) and for Wentworth.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Kaelan said:
Is broody related to jack who played for cooee in the Nwfu many years ago
Yeah, I think he’s the son of Jack who played at Essendon.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Kaelan said:
Is broody related to jack who played for cooee in the Nwfu many years ago

Yep - Son.

Jack was one of the toughest/dirtiest/skillful footballers ever on the NW Coast.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Brett Bewley was BOG for Willy against our twos (32 touches, 6 marks, 5 tackles, 1 goal). 23yo, 185cm, 87kg, well-built, strong in the air and a lovely left foot kick. Averaging 27 disposals and 5 tackles per game this year. Played in the VFL rep team last year and made the Team of the Year. Former Western Jets captain. Worth a good look.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
spook said:
Brett Bewley was BOG for Willy against our twos (32 touches, 6 marks, 5 tackles, 1 goal). 23yo, 185cm, 87kg, well-built, strong in the air and a lovely left foot kick. Averaging 27 disposals and 5 tackles per game this year. Played in the VFL rep team last year and made the Team of the Year. Former Western Jets captain. Worth a good look.
Yep, I’ve been banging on about Bewley for a while now.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
WAFL Team of the year:

Kennedy J.Lockyer Sinclair
N.Suban A Hamp B.Wilhelm
C Phelan J Bolton A Black
Schloithe L Delahunty B Colledge
Strijk T. Keitel B.Sokol
Z Clarke
K.Horsley
S Nelson

Inter: J Deluca K Mitchell M Pickett D Pearce

Surely Hayden Schloithe gets another chance. Jye Bolton? If no one has given him a go over the last 5 seasons doubt anyone will now. Marlion Pickett is 27 but apparently Fremantle are keen.

Brant Colledge, still only 24 and a 192cm mid. Zac Clarke is a spud but someone requiring a back up ruck who’s played 100 AFL games and is still only 29 may give him a go.