State League Watch | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

State League Watch

snaps truly said:
Thanks mate. He also played up here the last 2 seasons in Darwin. He goes ok from what I have seen, but drifts in and out of games, not a good sign when you play in the NTFL
I thought he looked ok. Brennan Stack , formerly of Western bulldogs, did very little and barely drifted IN the game!

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/teamwork-finds-aliir-a-family-20130515-2jmur.html

I remember seeing the young bloke referred to in this article playing for Queensland last year in the national U18 championships. Very exciting prospect as he learns the game more and it becomes more instinctive to him. Has moved from QAFL to WAFL this year and hopes to be drafted in the future.

Anyone seen him playing in the flesh lately. Rookie list prospect perhaps?? Imagine an athletic bloke like this playing in our backline and capable of pinch hitting in the ruck. (Although from reading the article you'd think that WA and QLD clubs would have the inside running given family conections in Brisbane and Perth.)

He was AFL level before Gary Ayres.

Was also a better footballer 3 years ago pre knee-reco.

WesternTiger said:
Dwyer smashed it tonight. Amazing the guy was going to throw it all in. Another tick to Gary Ayres.

The bloke is a gun. Was running stronger at the end. Unbelievable
When was the last time we picked a kid from the VFL? Pastore??
We chase spuds from WA and Tassie, when there are kids under our own noses blitz.
Wake up Blair!

zippadeee said:
We chase spuds from WA and Tassie, when there are kids under our own noses blitz.
Wake up Blair!

Ummmm.....why is it Blair's fault. He's not even a recruiter, pal.

skiptomystu said:
Ummmm.....why is it Blair's fault. He's not even a recruiter, pal.

Is he part if the team in charge of finding talented players other clubs? So what's port mebourne? A hospital?
Wake up mate, we can't find talented kids unless they're pick 2.

zippadeee said:
Is he part if the team in charge of finding talented players other clubs? So what's port mebourne? A hospital?
Wake up mate, we can't find talented kids unless they're pick 2.

I'm not disagreeing with the fact we should be looking at VFL players, Blair Hartley doesn't go out and watch state games. That's not in his job description, so your call on him was inaccurate.

zippadeee said:
Wake up Blair!

Where do you think we got Nahas from?

tigertim said:
Brennan Stack , formerly of Western bulldogs, did very little and barely drifted IN the game!

I was about to support you on this the other day, but Stack just went and kicked 6 goals yesterday as Perth beat Subiaco. Apparently he absolutely dominated.

Thought Hartleys main job was to find the unfullfilled second chancers from other teams lists that could plug straight into a deficiency in our list at a reasonable price.

Streak said:
I was about to support you on this the other day, but Stack just went and kicked 6 goals yesterday as Perth beat Subiaco. Apparently he absolutely dominated.
It's ironic but I was going to say that he's the type type to win you a game but then do nothing else for the next 15!

A guy by the name of Ziggy Alwan making a name for himself at Frankston this year. South African born and played for Norwood. Noble Park for the last few seasons. May follow the trend of Dickson, Martin, Osborne?

Nice article on Sam Dwyer, I reckon he would have been perfect in our line-up.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/magpie-dwyer-may-be-recruit-of-the-year-says-maxwell-20130519-2juvn.html