State League Watch | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

State League Watch

Michael Hibberd, what a good footballer he has become.

Plucked from Frankston and really looking like being a top 10 player in a finals side.

That is impressive as it gets from a State Leaguer.

SCOOP said:

Plucked from Frankston and really looking like being a top 10 player in a finals side.

He's done well for someone a bit wild off the field. Frankston have been providing some players recently: Dickson, Baguley, Hibberd and others I can't recall.

SCOOP said:

Yep he is a beauty. Crameri has been very good as well. One up each end.

Who are the small crumbing forwards in the WAFL, VFL, SAFL?

tigertim said:
Who are the small crumbing forwards in the WAFL, VFL, SAFL?
^This
Or even the NTFL. Any running about up there? With the relatively high prominence of talented Aboriginal blokes running around in that league, you'd think there would be a good chance of producing this type of player in Darwin.

SCOOP said:
Shane Nelson has started the year off very well in the WAFL.

30,30,24 and 28 touches.

Someone will give him a go.

Another 35 yesterday.

Panthera Tigris said:
^This
Or even the NTFL. Any running about up there? With the relatively high prominence of talented Aboriginal blokes running around in that league, you'd think there would be a good chance of producing this type of player in Darwin.

Awesome young fella by the name of Willie Rioli goes alright :p 17 year old who kicked 5 in the NTFL granny recently. Will definitely get snavelled up in the main draft.

snaps truly said:
Awesome young fella by the name of Willie Rioli goes alright :p 17 year old who kicked 5 in the NTFL granny recently. Will definitely get snavelled up in the main draft.
About time we had another Rioli on our list!

Is he playing for NT Thunder in NEAFL ST?

snaps truly said:

I remember reading about this lad, isn't he a cousin of Cyril? Do we have a chance to pick him up?

Panthera Tigris said:
About time we had another Rioli on our list!

Is he playing for NT Thunder in NEAFL ST?

I don't believe he is. He played pretty much the whole season for St. Marys, but older cousin Ben Rioli plays for Thunder and a few games for St. Mary's as well (they have a quota of games a Thunder listed player can play as they are in different seasons, and don't want to overload the players)

Just noticed Kyle Martin's stats from the weekend, 36 disposals, 9 marks, 5 tackles, 4 goals. He's apparently been upgraded to the main list, so I'm expecting a game or two in the coming weeks.

Leysy Days said:
Can play that boy. Perfect rookie pick.

Yep, and he's already coping well with the extra attention the taggers are dishing up.

Dwyer, Frost and Martin are looking like inspired picks at this early stage, Hine would be well pleased with his decision to dip into the VFL pool.

bullus_hit said:
Yep, and he's already coping well with the extra attention the taggers are dishing up.

Dwyer, Frost and Martin are looking like inspired picks at this early stage, Hine would be well pleased with his decision to dip into the VFL pool.

And no doubt, based on the success thus far, they will dip again.

Hope we put a toe in the water as well. And just on the Pies, (not a SLR) Ben Kennedy putting up big numbers in that game. (27 touches, 5 tackles, 3 goals).

Great crop by the Pies last year.

Another SLR I like is Adam Marcon at the Bullants. Racks up numbers, clearances and tackles. What's the knock on him?

http://www.themercury.com.au/article/2013/05/07/378655_afl.html

Interesting story about Mitch Thorp.

It's no secret that Hawthorn is one of my most disliked opposition sides. Can't stand their smug supporters. Every time they pull the whole "Buddy Vs Tambling" card my come back is always Thorp Vs Reiwoldt, seeing as the Dawks took Mitch Thorp 2 or 3 places before Reiwoldt in the 2006 draft - Shuts them up :p. From memory Thorp was touted as the next big thing key forward player, but didn't really live up to the hype. Only played a handful of games given that word has it, he had a fair few off field issues, as well as injury troubles.

Reading the attached story though, he has moved back to Tassie playing in the Tas State League as a playing coach for South Launceston. Seems his body is now right and he has grown up and really matured. Unstopable ATM. Playing along side him is Bart Mculloch whom was also an AFL draftee, never quite making it as a ruck/forward for Brisbane, but also seems to have matured and playing well at South Launnie.

Panthera Tigris said:
http://www.themercury.com.au/article/2013/05/07/378655_afl.html

Interesting story about Mitch Thorp.

It's no secret that Hawthorn is one of my most disliked opposition sides. Can't stand their smug supporters. Every time they pull the whole "Buddy Vs Tambling" card my come back is always Thorp Vs Reiwoldt, seeing as the Dawks took Mitch Thorp 2 or 3 places before Reiwoldt in the 2006 draft - Shuts them up :p. From memory Thorp was touted as the next big thing key forward player, but didn't really live up to the hype. Only played a handful of games given that word has it, he had a fair few off field issues, as well as injury troubles.

Reading the attached story though, he has moved back to Tassie playing in the Tas State League as a playing coach for South Launceston. Seems his body is now right and he has grown up and really matured. Unstopable ATM. Playing along side him is Bart Mculloch whom was also an AFL draftee, never quite making it as a ruck/forward for Brisbane, but also seems to have matured and playing well at South Launnie.

Agree on both points. My least favoured is Hawthorn for the same reason: their smugness. And I never know why the Buddy/Tambling gets trotted out into folklore but the Thorp/Reiwoldt didn't. Anyway, nice to sxee Thorp and McCulloch dominating in Tas, what's our equivilent here, EFL 3rd div?