State League Watch | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

State League Watch

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Rance
Bolton
Broad
Baker
McIntosh
Pickett
Stack
Parker
Miller

Pretty fair proportion of our draft picks in recent years
I've always preferred WA kids to SA kids.
The ones that came out in the 80's were Unbelievable
Rioli Mitchell Wiley Monteith Wilson Taylor

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
Did I see the kid Toomey has on a HFF in his draft team,

Tyler Sonsie,

playing Richmond VFL?
I knew a Steve Sonsie many years ago in the outer east. I wonder if there is any blood tie there?

He was one of the fitness instructors at the gym i went to, along with one of my older brothers and Peter Cameron the umpire.

Steve was a fitness fanatic, but a real different cat. I was late teens, he would have been mid 30's or older. Was big into martial arts, used to hear stories that he was living in a bush hut surviving off nature (i think karate chopping the odd possum) between meditating and having outer body experiences! Possibly was surviving on mushrooms as well, those pretty couloured ones maybe!

Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Watched South Adelaide v Glenelg final tonight. Sam Durdin (Glenelg) and Sam Skinner (SA) are both what the modern defence game desire, the intercepting KPD.

Mathew Allan (Glenelg) started poorly but was BOG as the tall (193cm but not KP) backman, hard running off the back line, lovely left foot kick (despite his first 2 kicks missing their targets)

Hayden Sampson, son of former Tiger legend Clay, was explosive, think Castagna but with more control.

Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Watched South Adelaide v Glenelg final tonight. Sam Durdin (Glenelg) and Sam Skinner (SA) are both what the modern defence game desire, the intercepting KPD.

Mathew Allan (Glenelg) started poorly but was BOG as the tall (193cm but not KP) backman, hard running off the back line, lovely left foot kick (despite his first 2 kicks missing their targets)
Durdin was highly regarded as a junior , maybe a few injuries and been at Norf stuffed him ?

The new Taz would have a great knowledge of the lad

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Gave up watching the South Freo v Claremont final in the WAFL, very ordinary game.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
8 years after his draft year (2013) James Tsitas has won the Margarey medal with Bryce Gibbs.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
The WAFL GF has fizzed out but no. 42 for South Fremantle , Luke McQuilkin, looked to have, as the saying goes, AFL traits.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Hayden Sampson, son of former Tiger legend Clay, was explosive, think Castagna but with more control.
Doesn't McBean play for Glenelg

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
“TO highlight what a quality WAFL season we had in 2021 all you have to do is look at the fact that Leigh Kitchin, Haiden Schloithe, Bailey Rogers, Aaron Black, Frank Anderson, Kyle Baskerville, Christian Ameduri, Tyrone Thorne, Corey Byrne and Kieran Hug are the fairest and best winners.

Every club has now held its season-end awards for the 2021 Optus WAFL Premiership Season and it's a star-studded group of winners who took out the respective fairest and best awards across the board.

Among the group of 10 players who won their respective club champion award, there are three Sandover Medallists, six members of the WAFL Team of the Year and plenty more accolades that they have all accumulated.

Just to highlight how strong of a group of winners there was, the runner-up place getters across the clubs included Greg Clark, Tom Blechynden, Jye Bolton, Tyler Keitel, Sam Fisher, Matthew Jupp, Angus Scott, Ben Hancock and Michael Sinclair.”

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
A bad draft for the state leaguers with just 2 getting drafted, Garrett McDonagh and Greg Clark. Usually as a rough average it's about 10% but this one was about 3%.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Tsitas tipped to be signed by the Suns as their SSP. Real mature ager!
Tsitas has finally made it on to an AFL list with the Suns at age 27 next month.

Just to put this into some sort of perspective his colleagues in his draft year 2013 were Ben Lennon, Billy Hartung, Nathan Feeeman, Riley Knight, Tom Boyd, Trent Dumont, Sam Lloyd, Nathan Gordon among others. Long time to wait.

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
Tsitas has finally made it on to an AFL list with the Suns at age 27 next month.

Just to put this into some sort of perspective his colleagues in his draft year 2013 were Ben Lennon, Billy Hartung, Nathan Feeeman, Riley Knight, Tom Boyd, Trent Dumont, Sam Lloyd, Nathan Gordon among others. Long time to wait.
got to feel for freeman....

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Last night mature aged from SA Jack Hayes starred on debut, today mature aged from WA has kicked 5 goals on debut. The talent is there in the state league yet clubs continue trying kids from Ireland who just continually disapppoint.

Reactions: 1 users