Steve Hocking | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Steve Hocking

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Does Geelong high scoring year last year reflect the lack of games at Kardinia Park?

Not sure, but if anyone doubts the ridiculous advantage that they get at Krap dinner park, take a look at an article on the AFL website that shows each team and the longest losing streaks at certain grounds. Nearly half of the AFL have their longest losing streaks there. Massive, massive advantage having a completely different shape to pretty much every ground.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Not sure, but if anyone doubts the ridiculous advantage that they get at Krap dinner park, take a look at an article on the AFL website that shows each team and the longest losing streaks at certain grounds. Nearly half of the AFL have their longest losing streaks there. Massive, massive advantage having a completely different shape to pretty much every ground.
Yep, Karen Cornes will be right on to this……

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I spruik the RealFooty podcast (Caro, Niall, Gleeson) on here a bit but they have a really sh1t take on Hocking. They loved the Stand Rule and love everything he's done. They were all in on him on the stand rule. This week they even mentioned that scoring was down "but the game is much more open". I mean FFS guys.

Decent podcast that, but they simply will not challenge the AFL on their woeful rule changes which have not had the impact that the AFL themselves claimed they would.

Hey, if something doesn't work, surely you then analyse whether you need to change what you did and possibly reverse the ineffective changes? Unfortunately not common anywhere, let alone the AFL. Is change, is good seems to be the prevailing view in so many places (been restructured lately - was it positive??).

The media do seem to be all in on the idea that we need to keep fiddling with and changing the game. I don't get it. The AFL is successful, crowds were healthy and ratings high before COVID. Now is not the time to fiddle with fundamentals of the game like the fact it is a 360 degree game, quite unique in that sense, and all these restrictions on movement are at odds with some very fundamental aspects of our football code.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Richmond was 96 for, 72 against in 2018 when the AFL decided we had to be "brought back to the pack".

This year the Bulldogs are 96 for, 67 against. What rules are needed to reel in the Dogs?

What about the Shemons. Everyone is talking them up.

For 85, against 65. Anyone raising this as to how to stop their defensive stranglehold. Their games are ranked 15th for average total scores.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The only stat that matters is "Dustin Martin Moments". This was what they hung the recent rule changes on. "More Dustin Martin moments".

Have we seen more "Dustin Martin moments"?

Stupid *smile*!

He wants Dustin Martin moments . . . just doesn't want Dustin Martin doing them, or at least not in a Richmond jumper.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
The only stat that matters is "Dustin Martin Moments". This was what they hung the recent rule changes on. "More Dustin Martin moments".

Stupid *smile*!
Did you like how Scott used the same line when arguing for shorter quarters?

"I want to see Dusty playing at 35."

Sure you do, just like you enjoyed the grand final result.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Decent podcast that, but they simply will not challenge the AFL on their woeful rule changes which have not had the impact that the AFL themselves claimed they would.

Hey, if something doesn't work, surely you then analyse whether you need to change what you did and possibly reverse the ineffective changes? Unfortunately not common anywhere, let alone the AFL. Is change, is good seems to be the prevailing view in so many places (been restructured lately - was it positive??).

The media do seem to be all in on the idea that we need to keep fiddling with and changing the game. I don't get it. The AFL is successful, crowds were healthy and ratings high before COVID. Now is not the time to fiddle with fundamentals of the game like the fact it is a 360 degree game, quite unique in that sense, and all these restrictions on movement are at odds with some very fundamental aspects of our football code.

DS
Yep for sure DS.

We won't know exactly the impact of rule changes versus changed spectator behaviours from Covid, but I'm sure the rule changes haven't helped. It will take years for crowds/ratings etc to build up again IMO.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Did you like how Scott used the same line when arguing for shorter quarters?

"I want to see Dusty playing at 35."

Sure you do, just like you enjoyed the grand final result.
He does. He hopes to play him when he’s 35. Fits in with his recruiting. He will be the right age for them then

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
I am really happy to see you are all on board with how stupid the rule changes are the AFL have introduced.
It was very obvious before hand that these changes would have no , zero, beneficial effect.
The rule changes were not properly trialed and not proven to have any beneficial effect. .
So why do it?
Conclusion
1 Hierarchy at AFL are idiots.
2.Hierarchy at AFL are like all unprofessional work places ..where people are appointment to a position and make changes to justify their position.
3 Hierarchy at AFL are corrupt and want results that suit a personal agenda.
4 The game is just nonsence, like a reality show, aiming to satisfy financial gains with no care for outcomes because they are fabricated.
Anyone got a better explanation?
Just an example of current shallow meaningless behaviour as evidenced by social media and idiotic human ignorance.
I really despair.
Thankyou Tigers for the four wonderful years you gave us.
Everything else is a nonsensical mirage.

PS..the sauce (sic) of my wisdom is a bottle of Barwon Ridge chardonnay.
I recommend it.
Owners have a mini Schnauzer as I do.
Anyone else have a mini?

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

Stupid *smile*!

They've achieved that stat. By crippling RFC and by default Dusty, we're seeing more Dusty Moments across the AFL. But they are 2021 Dusty Moments, not 2017,2018,2019 & 2020 Dusty Moments.