Still giving us nothing...'cept Cups and Medals | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Still giving us nothing...'cept Cups and Medals

artball said:
RE: Dermie B. a friend of mine was a nurse at the Alfred Hospital many moons ago and has some great stories about minor celebrities from Melbourne. the one about Derm the Perm is a cracker. does this ring a bell to anyone? can it be revealed or does it make me liable?
Does it relate to a broken appendage?

artball said:
RE: Dermie B. a friend of mine was a nurse at the Alfred Hospital many moons ago and has some great stories about minor celebrities from Melbourne. the one about Derm the Perm is a cracker. does this ring a bell to anyone? can it be revealed or does it make me liable?
spill the beans!

Bernie said:
spill the beans!

Sounds like the spilling of any beans might have been a bit painful for Derm at that particular time.

I think Bob Murphy had an article about who is the the Don of the AFL. It's like the Gambero crime family, The Don is Il Porko Jason Dunstall and the Consiglieri is Dermot "The Kid" (John Gotti) they are disappointed that Hawthorn is done and don't want (like Fonzi with wwwrong they are unable to utter the word RRRRebuild) want acknowledge that because the Hawthorns, Geelongs & Sydney have delayed their rebuilds that this means the competition has levelled out as far as talent goes. This is OK because it just means that they will be down for longer. It also means that these teams have loaded up on talent suited to game plans that are now out of date. The teams that will be a danger to us won't come from them but teams in the bottom 6 now IMO because their lists will take longer to re-jig. The time could'nt be better for us!!!!!

bullus_hit said:
Oh Dermie, 2 Brownlow medalists, 4 x AA key back, 2 x Coleman medalist, the best small forward brigade in the comp, an elite defensive rebounder & host of other B graders.

I think part of the reason why we aren't getting the recognition we deserve is because of the efforts of some of the so-called B graders and C graders. there is a modern saying in footy: "You're only as good as your bottom 6." Well our bottom 6 is the best in the league... by a long way. that perhaps explains a bit about the lack of recognition. we have a plethora of quiet achievers.

DirtyDogTiger said:
Can someone explain the sliding doors reference to hall and Oates this week?

Young Higgins was interviewed after the game by CH7 on Tuesday night and revealed that he and Rance often listen to Hall and Oates before the game.

Who knows how Barrett's mind works - make of it what you will.

TigerTribe5 said:
Young Higgins was interviewed after the game by CH7 on Tuesday night and revealed that he and Rance often listen to Hall and Oates before the game.

Who knows how Barrett's mind works - make of it what you will.

Was Higgo & Nank not Rance

Ian4 said:
I think part of the reason why we aren't getting the recognition we deserve is because of the efforts of some of the so-called B graders and C graders. there is a modern saying in footy: "You're only as good as your bottom 6." Well our bottom 6 is the best in the league... by a long way. that perhaps explains a bit about the lack of recognition. we have a plethora of quiet achievers.
Hefe did you say PLETHORA?
YES eL Guapo
Would you say I have a Plethora of bandits?

Tails said:
Hefe did you say PLETHORA?
YES eL Guapo
Would you say I have a Plethora of bandits?

Plethora of midgets! :clap

Which reminds me, where did the midget topic go to Easy?

Was listening to MMM on Thursday in the car for a little bit and they were singing our praises can't recall who was talking but they had someone Luff? from Champion Data on.

I must say, there does appear to be a plethora of mental midgets working for the media outlets.

Ian4 said:

I think you've got it in 1, we have some significant quiet achievers that are just so important to our structure. Take a look at George, he is ridiculously important to us, quick, strong, outstanding in the air for his size, his pressure is outstanding etc, but if you listen to the commentators he's essentially nothing. Compare that to the Bombers and all the commentators go off their nuts for ORAZIOOOOO and Tipingwuit. If anyone offered me any of those 3, I take George every single time. In fact I reckon George has to be in the top 5 small forwards in the league but he will never get that recognition outside of the RFC.

I'm sure I could include something like this ona number of our quiet achievers.

I'm happy for commentators opposition supporters to underrate us. It just makes their salty tears taste more delcious! :gotigers

According to Little Timmy, Collingwood "pulled Richmond apart at various stages of the game". Jeepers. What will they say when we win by only 23 points, or...... lose.