Stop bagging Frawley!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Stop bagging Frawley!!

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
A few members on this board have expressed continually that Frawley should be sacked. That's all well and good if he was the one to make all the decisions as far as gameday goes but he's not! Sure he'll take all the crap from everyone but you have to remember there are others that have a big influence in the weekly outcome of games. People such as Wayne Brittain, Darren Crocker, Paul Spargo, Stewart Loewe, Greg Miller and most of all the 22 players selected every weekend.

Richmond has had a long history of turning over coaches and if we continue this trend, no coach of any quality will want to come near us anyway!

Personally, I think Danny has done a good Job so far compared to most of our coaches since Tony Jewel and Tom Hafey. We got to the finals in only his second year and whilst 2002 wasn't the greatest, This year I believe we are perfoming above most peoples expectations even with the added cost of losing some key players to lengthy injuries.

Lets just see how we end up at the end of the season before we start calling for his sacking! I for one still believe we will make the finals this year!

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I agree it's fruitless bagging Spud, and probably everyone else around the club too.

We need everyone on board to do the best we can.

I don't consider expesssing opinions as bagging but the sack Spud now comments don't even deserve a response they are so ridiculous.

I am still not of the opinion of most that a coach should be kept on if things obviously aren't working out, just for the sake of not being seen as the coach sacking club.

If we didn't win another game, if we obviously had no team spirit, if things were that rock bottom I'd expect the coaches as well as everyone else looked at come seasons end.

Mid season isn't the time to even think of it though. Especially when I have great faith Richmond will play in the finals.

I do question why the team doesn't seem to have good leadership or team spirit a lot of the time. Maybe I imagine it.

Anyway the season is still young and I expect it to be a successful season, so sacking the coach won'tneed to be given any consideration.

Go Danny.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
What a load of crap - If Frawely doesn't have full control of match day tactics then he shouldn't be there. Do you think Mathews doesn't have full control of whats happening on the field? Frawely and Beck are the sole reasons why we haven't gone anywhere in 4 years - yes remember in 99 we were a 8-10th placed side, and now today we are the same. We are running in quick sand if we persist with spud the dud.

Oh - don't bag frawely - he might cry :'( .

You guys will be singing the same tune come year end - don't worry about that.

Khan

Lets Roar in 2004
Dec 17, 2002
Tigerland
I am one of the dont sack Danny crowd, but that mainly comes from the past. If danny completes this season he will be the longest serving caoch since Tommy Hafey.

At the end of the saeson in a rational way . The club and Danny decide to part ways so be it. Just dont do it mid season. Prefereably it would be to play out the contract.

But what the Hey

Lets ROAR

Khan

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Harry said:

Exactly as I was saying Harry. Year end is a whole different story to now. There's a lot of water to flow under the bridge before then and maybe it just might be you changing your tune. ;D

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
rosy3 said:
Harry said:

Exactly as I was saying Harry. Year end is a whole different story to now. There's a lot of water to flow under the bridge before then and maybe it just might be you changing your tune. ;D

4 years is enough for me to see that we are still playing the same old bomb it long, lack of run, boring style of play we did during the 90's. Half a season more won't change my opinion even if we make the 8 (then get blown away like in 2001).

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Oh Harry, another negative controversial post by you. I'm sure a couple of weeks ago (after a few wins in a row I might add) you said you would try to be more positive!!! Gee, it worked there for a while, but 3 losses later, you're back to your old self bagging the coach and half the list.
Why not wait until the end of the season and if we have another disappointing year, you can let it all out then. But i would have thought if we win this week, we'll be 7 - 5, I think I would have taken that at the beginning of the year, particularly after our poor season last year and the injuries to date. What do you think???

And by the way, I can assure you that the other coaches in particular Brittain has a big say on game day.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Yeah good onya Harry, if you get pleasure from such thoughts go for them.
Each to their own.
I'd prefer to live in hope and worry about the consequences later on if things don't work out.
At least I've had some happiness and enjoyment from the season that way.
I will be very unhappy again if we lose on Saturday, but unitl then I get more pleasure out of believing we'll win.
Geez life's short. Hope something gives you pleasure along the journey. ;)

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
It really depends on how much one enjoys barracking for a club that underperforms year in year out. For those who enjoy it more than others then they would have had a ball for the past 23 years. If Frawely doesn't have full control of whats happening on the field then you might as well have porky pig as coach - and it doesn't surprise me that he doesn't have full control as he forgot that a particular player was in the team and thus was required reminding to give him a run. (King at the West Coast game) - What a goose. If he needs his hand held all the way then whats the point of having a senior coach - we might as well have a team of coaches - I say 22 - one for each player on match day. Yes Boss I was trying to stay positive but when the nightmare re-occurs over and over again you are less inclined to go to sleep after a while.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
And another thing a couple of wins against a Carlton and a Geelong for instance won't change my mind so for you out there who are gonna post "lets sack Frawely now" after we beat Carlton - save it because we'll come down with a thud sooner rather then later.

I'm not concerned with wins anymore - we are gonna win a few more till year end and probably make the eight to be humiliated in the finals. Its our style of play I'm concerned with along with persisting with hacks and the lack of blooding in young players. Untill I see an improvement in this area then I will support the coach. Until then its more of the same.

As I said in another thread you guys will change your tune soon and jump on the sack Frawely bandwagon. I hope there's enough room for everyone though.

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Sack the lot of 'em I say! Get rid of Spud, Brittain, Spargo, Crocker, Hutchy, get rid of the entire dud playing list too! Go Greg - carte blanche to wipe the slate clean and start again. In fact, here's my team for Saturday:

B: Miller Miller Miller
HB: Miller Miller Miller
C: Miller Miller Miller
HF: Miller Miller Miller
F: Miller Miller Miller

Rucks: Miller Miller Miller

I/change: Miller Miller Miller Campbell (c)

Get a grip you lot.

;D

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
Hey Dean, how come Campbo gets a gig?

I suppose you're right though. Miller can't be everywhere, all the time. ;)

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Where do i buy tickets for the 'sack danny' bandwagon harry??

I am very close to hopping on board, and keen to have a ticket ready for when the time comes (most likely 5 o clock saturday)

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
Tigerdog said:
Miller is superstitious MC so needs Cambo to toss the coin ;)

Thanks TD. I thought it might have been due to injuries, a match up thing, or we just didn't want to be too one-dimensional. ;D

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
I endorse Harry's comments. After 4 years, Spuds win/loss record is no different to Gieschen and probably no different to Northey's. His game plan is predictable (when Richo plays). Even Grant Thomas has a bit of flair and balls, not spud. We still tank it in big games and our interstate record is tragic.
If he cant make the 8 I hope him and all his coaching staff are unemployed. Except for Crocker, the only one of the lot that comes from a winning culture.
In the cold hard light of day, who have they beaten this year? Anything meaningful? No.
Yes they will beat Carlton and most of you will be deluded for two weeks, talking finals and crap. But come two interstate games in a row, you will see nothing but floggings.
I hope I'm wrong on this, but the coach and most of the players have no heart!
The club has plenty of cash, but it cant buy what the Bulldogs and the Kangas have:- Pride in the jumper.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
DragicevicFan said:
Where do i buy tickets for the 'sack danny' bandwagon harry??

I am very close to hopping on board, and keen to have a ticket ready for when the time comes (most likely 5 o clock saturday)

You can get them at ticketek - but you better hurry up coz there selling like hot cakes. But wait theres more, if you ring now you get a set of richmond memberships - one for every member of the family along with motorola mobile phones - absolutely free. ;D

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
I agree Frawley shouldn't be sacked........wait till the end of the season when they have fallen in another screaming heap. He has had his chance and come September its judgment day. 4 years is enough and its time to produce. If they wait till the end of next year all the decent coaches will be gone.