Get Rid of the Following - No Excuses | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Get Rid of the Following - No Excuses

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I don't care what it takes, whether we have to de-list, trade, pay out or by whatever other method...and whether we may have to play with a list stuffed full of young, inexperienced kids....the following players have to go.

Clinton King: can't kick, can't tackle, panics in traffic and just kicks it anywhere. Mistake after mistake. Should have finished his career years ago. I am embarrassed just talking about him. "WHAT A SCREAMING BLOODY DUD !"

Ray Hall: again, mistake after mistake, year in year out. His weak physical efforts in 2 ruck contests caused goals each time on Friday. Can't kick for %$# and never will be able to. No smarts for the game either, choosing the wrong option all the time.

Aaron Fiora: enough is enough. Insipidly weak in the physical contest and EXACTLY the antithesis of the sort of player Miller has been talking about having at RFC. Can't kick to a target when running flat out either, offering up misplaced floater after misplaced floater. Memo to Fiora: "Zoning off doesn't mean you are applying physical pressure."

Rory Hilton: under skilled, stupid and at times dis-interested. Gets flogged by his opponent week in week out, year after year. C'mon...he's a hack.

Craig Biddiscombe: oh geez, where do I start. Like King, his career should have finished years ago.

Andrew Mills: sloooooooooooooooooow. Skills aren't good enough either when under pressure.

Kayne Pettifer: slow, no physicality, un-disciplined, too small. NO HOPE !

Leon Cameron: I like him, but he's past it now.

Matthew Rogers: the quintessential "passenger." If he's the best tagger.....(yeah bloody tagger for heaven's sake)...we can find I'll go heave.

Royce Vardy: oh my God........

Duncan Kellaway: fancy trying to promote his return as a positive. What a joke. Go to any under 10's game - 90% of them have better skills technique. A typical RFC player - completely inept in some part of the game - in his case BASIC SKILLS.

Ben Holland: Sloooooow. Overpaid, overated. Dud.

Ohh geez, there's heaps more of them. I just can't be bothered any more.

Greg Miller has made some big statements lately about our playing list. He better follow through with them at the end of this year and commence, once and for all after 23 years of failure, a proper and true cleanout of this pathetic playing list.

The pressure is on you Miller........

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Redford agree with them all except one.

I think Ben Holland should be given one more year to see if he can come good.

I think to that de-listing list should be added:

Nicholls
Houlihan

So that's about 13 or more players that should be given the arse. Sounds about right. If we really want we can make it an even fifteen. Get rid of Hyde and Dragicevic as well.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Why stop at 15 ffs. Get rid of the lot and start again with a clean slate.
It just gets curiouser and curiouser around here.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
As I posted in another thread, there are about 16 players who could easily be delisted/traded at the end of the year but realistically thats not going to happen.

The club need to spend the rest of the season deciding who they'll perservere with for one more season and who just has to go now. IMO we could only draft 6 kids unless we trade for more picks but unfortunately our players don't have much value.

At best I can see 8 players being offloaded at season end but knowing Frawley it will be more like 5.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
I agree with all Redford's comments. Holland is a big dud. To slow, to cumbersome. And to think we could of had Johnston as a direct trade for him last year and Frawley vetoed it! What a dud coach we have.
I have to disagree with your comments about Duncan. His return will ensure a bigger crowd of about 1 person: Rosy ;D

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
You forgot Frawley on that list also. When does his contract expire? If its at the end of this year its gonna be interesting.

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Dear oh dear.
Ok, i know most of you guys are at the very least consistent, but what exactly do you think is possible in a draft or two?
Several guys on your list obviously suck, and they will be gone- but Fiora? Holland?
There is no need to get rid of good players, or potentially good players under the assumption their replacements will be world beaters. We are not going to get the worlds best draft picks either...
A bit of astute trading will get rid of a couple (I think Hall should go, and will be tradable to the like of the Dees, clubs who need height) but at the end of the day i don't see why the instinct is just to p!ss everybody off under the mistaken belief that the draft will cough up better players to us than the other 15 clubs. If we finish in the pack, we can assume we will get corresponding draft quality, which will not improve us at all. What we need in my opinion is for a few guys to get to work- Guys who probably can play but just are not.
This is where coaching comes in- and perhaps this is the biggest indictment of Frawley- but that has been (and will be) well covered.
hutstar

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Harry said:
You forgot Frawley on that list also. When does his contract expire? If its at the end of this year its gonna be interesting.

Harry,

Danny Frawley is contracted until the end of 2004.

Redford,

Your comment regarding just paying out players to get rid of them is interesting. To pay them out we need $$ - which is not an option at the moment because we don't have the $$$$. Hence, why people like Greg Miller keep imploring people to sign up as members. The more $$$ we have in the bank the more agressive we can be in this area.

Now there is membership drive for the CLub to use.

If you want half the list sacked, delisted or traded - buy a membership ;D ;D

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
thankyou people for waking up to the fact that frawley realy is a dud!!!!

Agree about a lot of those players!!!!!

This is what i believe we can do with them!!

Fiora/Hall - Good traid bait-Will get a decent player for these two!!
Holland - Depending on what he shows when he comes back could be another good trade to adelaide for some quality!!!
King,Biddiscombe,Houlihan,Cameron,D.Kellaway, Mills - Must be delisted coz no one aint touching these blokes!!!!

Rogers,Hilton - Could get a late draft pick(If were lucky)

Pettifer - Could get a mid range draft pick for him!!!

If they promised to rid us of these duds id buy 50 memberships to ensure it happens!!!!

Lets get rid of these mediocre players that have constantly failed when given a chance and bring in some young and experienced quality!!!!!

THE MAJOR DELISTING MUST BE FRAWLEY!!!! He could have the brisbane lions squad and still manage to miss out on the 8!!!! The man just isnt cut out to be a senior coach!!!! he is exactly like the tim watson mould!!! Big career as a player but just not good enough as coach!!!! Lets not waste anymore time!!!! I belive consistency comes from the coach!!!! You cant win one game and then be horrible the next!!!! Obviously he cant get them up week in week out!!! And the MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL and you must agree is that he has been there for 4 years now and has shown no sign of implementing any sort of game plan!!! Lets be honest if you guys think we play with a game plan week in week out you are kidding yourselves!!!

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
Koalalil that is the best I have read in a long time that should be ther new slogan....LOL

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
This thread is a disgrace. Waht the *smile* is wrong with you people. How the *smile* do you expect to replace all those players? you guys are deluded and jsut wanting some attention i believe,. I bit though so well done to you.

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
Get into the real world Shawry, you think they are feral now, wait to see what happens if they lose to Carlton and then see what happens if they don't make the 8. These people have had enough of those duds they are pretenders and until they have a massive cleanout this will continue to happen. I say we lead a mob if they miss the 8.

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
frawleyudud said:
THE MAJOR DELISTING MUST BE FRAWLEY!!!! He could have the brisbane lions squad and still manage to miss out on the 8!!!! The man just isnt cut out to be a senior coach!!!! he is exactly like the tim watson mould!!! Big career as a player but just not good enough as coach!!!! Lets not waste anymore time!!!! I belive consistency comes from the coach!!!! You cant win one game and then be horrible the next!!!! Obviously he cant get them up week in week out!!! And the MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL and you must agree is that he has been there for 4 years now and has shown no sign of implementing any sort of game plan!!! Lets be honest if you guys think we play with a game plan week in week out you are kidding yourselves!!!
pretty easy to make assumptions when your just thinking black and white.of those 4 yrs only one year where we had practically a full list to choose from as far as our structured players go.2001 and we made the finals.the past 2 yrs we have had our structure all over the place but never at full strength.i admit the recent recruiting of "rejects" have not worked but hindsight is a wonderful thing.
one question FD do you think honestly we would have 6 wins considering the players we have out if you were asked at the start of the year?

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Laff said:
Get into the real world Shawry, you think they are feral now, wait to see what happens if they lose to Carlton and then see what happens if they don't make the 8. These people have had enough of those duds they are pretenders and until they have a massive cleanout this will continue to happen. I say we lead a mob if they miss the 8.

And what exactly is the real world Laff? I am not happy about losing the last 3 games either, especialyl the last 2, i jsut dont think dumping all those players mentioned is the answer. You can replace a few of them with some quality kids, but what about the rest? There are only so many decent kids going around in each draft, i doubt many would be any better. The players you have mentioned do have deficiencies but some of them are young ie Pettifer, Fiora and can work on them and improve.

I think it is pathetic the things they are saying, and a ridiculous reaction. The suggestions will enver eventuate anyway and IMO nor should they. It is ridiculous, i am jsut glad they are not in charge of our footy club. No doubt hey wil lall claim they are above and more enlightened than those running the show at the moment. What a load of crap.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Agree 100% with FUD.

Friday nights game illustrated that our game plan is -ONLY LOOK FOR RICHO AND IGNORE EVERYONE ELSE REGARDLESS OF WHERE RICHO IS AND HOW MANY PLAYERS ARE ON HIM. I don't care if richo takes 100 marks each game, if this is the game plan frawely is persisting with then he is a dud and should be shipped out. Now (I hear everyone say) maybe this isn't his game plan but the players go back to old habits. Well its the coaches responsibility to ensure that the team follows game rules.

Agree with Mikee - Frawely's a goose and needs to waddle out of punt road. ;D

P

PuntRoadRoar

cant get rid of all the crap in one preseason

theres not that many talented kids playing LOL

richmond can only do this over a couple of preseason drafts it wont be done over night like some people like to dream about.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Just thought I'd add my bit for what its worth

J2R talked about how injuries have hurt our structure. I say injuries are a part of football and we have had no worse a run than other clubs over a 3-4 year period. Even with a full list to chose from we are not a premiership contender and thats what its all about. We are or should not be in it simply to make the eight. A smarter man than me once said "Your team is either rebuilding or trying to win a premiership. Those teams that can't decide what there doing will go nowhere." or something like that.

I believe that poor recruiting and list management have hurt our club more than anything else over the last decade. Frawley is more guilty than those before him because he has had complete board backing. Chosen all his assistants and has had 4 preseasons to build a side. Yet our list is no better now than when Frawley took over and considering he only has a preliminary final thrashing to show for it, its simply not good enough.

And finally, I'm not a fan of Spud. I think he's unimaginative, short sighted, and lacks direction. Still, by seasons end this will be his 4th year in the job, and with Casey and now Miller and Campbell there is just a hint of stability starting to appear around the place.

Frawley probably wont be given his marching orders at seasons end and I can live with that but I do believe the board and Miller should tell him to rebuild the list. We cannot persist with the same core group who have constantly failed time and gain over the last decade. Tough decisions will have to be made on some players. We should draft heavily for the next 3 years. At least 20 new kids. And if that means a couple of years being largley uncompetative, so be it. better than the current situation of continually playing for 8th spot.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
TigerFurious said:
Frawley probably wont be given his marching orders at seasons end and I can live with that but I do believe the board and Miller should tell him to rebuild the list.

I tend to agree with you TF. We can't keep getting rid of coaches and think that's going to solve all our problems. The only thing to do is to do the best we can with what we have.

Having Greg Miller at the Club puts us in a better position than we've been in for a long time. I'm sure he has and will continue to see the things that need to change and that they will change. Unfortunately, not quick enough for some.

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
TigerFurious said:
Just thought I'd add my bit for what its worth

J2R talked about how injuries have hurt our structure. I say injuries are a part of football and we have had no worse a run than other clubs over a 3-4 year period. Even with a full list to chose from we are not a premiership contender and thats what its all about. We are or should not be in it simply to make the eight. A smarter man than me once said "Your team is either rebuilding or trying to win a premiership. Those teams that can't decide what there doing will go nowhere." or something like that.

I believe that poor recruiting and list management have hurt our club more than anything else over the last decade. Frawley is more guilty than those before him because he has had complete board backing. Chosen all his assistants and has had 4 preseasons to build a side. Yet our list is no better now than when Frawley took over and considering he only has a preliminary final thrashing to show for it, its simply not good enough.

And finally, I'm not a fan of Spud. I think he's unimaginative, short sighted, and lacks direction. Still, by seasons end this will be his 4th year in the job, and with Casey and now Miller and Campbell there is just a hint of stability starting to appear around the place.

Frawley probably wont be given his marching orders at seasons end and I can live with that but I do believe the board and Miller should tell him to rebuild the list. We cannot persist with the same core group who have constantly failed time and gain over the last decade. Tough decisions will have to be made on some players. We should draft heavily for the next 3 years. At least 20 new kids. And if that means a couple of years being largley uncompetative, so be it. better than the current situation of continually playing for 8th spot.
i agree TF with what your saying.injuries are part of the game however what has hurt us the most is the type of players who have been injured long term.and yes the recruitment of some players have been puzzling and very short sighted indeed.the only answer i have for that is you recruit for what your needs are at the time and the type of players you have on the list at present.
if we knew holland,otto and now gas would all go down with long term injuries we would have recruited accordingly and the same goes with the hudson fiasco.
the draft is like most things a gamble.look at pettiffer compared to newman. no8 pick vs no 60+ pick.who would have thought at the time a kid who was obviously not highly rated by all 16 clubs would exceed a kid who went high in the draft.
its true spud has had 4yrs to get things right and he has made errors of judgement but do you blame him considering the pressure he is under knowingly the reputation the richmond football club has regarding the quick fix sack the coach solution.if anything we are our own worst enemy in this regard.spud more or less had no choice but to go for a quick short term solution which in turn would give him the confidence to start rebuilding the club the way he wants to.
greg miller has been the best thing that has happened at the club for a hell of a long time and im more than confident that along with spud the richmond football club is already heading in the right direction despite whats happened over the last 3 weeks.