Stop bagging Frawley!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Stop bagging Frawley!!

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
To Harry, Diggler and Laff, My current parody says it all!!
You guys are becoming way too predictable! ;D

By the way Harry, I hear Robert Walls and Dermott Brereton bought up the last of your Tickets and are scalping them on the streets as we speak! ;D

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
We will see who is right at the end of the yaer Tiga when at least 8 sides finish above them

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
I thought id put my 20cents in since im such an expert come frawley sackings!!!!

Ive been riding on that bandwagon for the last year and a half, and its been very lonely, but now it seems its a big seller!!!! Good too see!!

The reason we bag frawley is because we cant see any difference from when he started coaching till now!!!

We would have been happy if our skill levels hadnt improved but he brought a fighting spirit ala john northey, kangaroos!!!

We would have been happy if he ACTUALLY had a game plan he was trying to instil and we are starting to see signs of it!!!

We would have been happy if he was a great tactician who although he had many injuries swung a few moves that got us going!!!

We would of been happy if he actually showed us he was trying to get rid of that losing culture at richmond by ridding us of mediocre players who have been at the club 4-5 years and have done nothing!!!!

We would of been happy if we actually played some attractive footy!!! Ever since danny has come down i never tape our games coz even when we win, theres no excitement in it and not worth watching!!! I still watch the 1995 game against the kangaroos which we bagged 9 goals first quarter!!!!

We arent being unrealistic wanting to be in the top 5 with a list that includes Richo, Campbell, Gaspar, Ottens, Stafford, A.Kellaway, K.Johnson, M.Coughlan to name a few!!!!!! Barring a few duds we have in the team that is quality!!!

We would be happy if he had the same discipline for all players, specifically Bowden!!!

We would be happy if his coaching team was picked on merrit not mates rates!!!

We would be happy if he simply knew how to coach!!!!

You look at guys like Roos and Worsfold and you just know that they will be great coaches!!! You look at frawley and think hed make a good runner!!!!

We would be happy if he had several game plans, not just Plan A!!!!

With all this said i agree sacking him now would be of know help to anyone!!! Let him stay the year and really make a fool of himself and then go!!!! If we dont minimum make the 8 with all those players coming back than the man has to go!!!!!

Now bring it on if you like!!!!!

Harry you are a very wise man, and keep up the good work!!!! I have asked for a new bandwagon!!! Double decker!!! Too fit all those who will be swarming to jump on!!!

Lets be real people the man hasnt done anything to this team since coming than any other pathetic coach we have had since northey!!!!

Were you guys see the improvement is beyond me!!!

Lets not forget that wallsand gieschen never had anywhere near the talent that frawley currently has!!!!

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
Here here FUD a very well thought out and balanced column. Its time he went back to the farm

tiga

Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Fud, with all this in mind,

1 - who do you suggest to fill Danny's shoes at the end of the year??

and

2 - would this coach or coaches come anywhere the Richmond coaching meat grinder??

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
I believe at the moment with the list we have we need an old experienced head!!! Someone that will bring some spirit into the club!!! Someone that has mor than one game plan!!! We dont need anymore untried talent!!! There are a few name we could look at!!!

Wallace - Great fighting spirit at bulldogs and took the average talent he had into finals footy!!! Almost made the grand final!!!
Eade - Great tactician who also took sydney to a grand final with a ordinary side apart from roos and lockett!!!
Sheedy - Move heaven and earth to get this man down!!! I dont care what we have to offer him!!!
Only untried coach i would consider would be a craig lambert!!!

Must do something!!!! No use keeping frawley if he cant build the side into something special!!! Trust me he cant!!

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
Apart from all that he does nothing to sell the club....he has a media ban on him because of his child like media comments last year..........................if you didn't know any better when he speaks, you would say he is drunk all the time

tiga

Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
FUD, I have always said that Sheedy is a great coach. If we could get him It would be fantastic but getting him to Tigerland would be easier said than done. I think he would be reluctant to come back to the fold.

Eade IMO is a very ordinary coach. You talk about players being played out of position, He was a master at it. Stafford is a classic example. He is one of the reasons why Stafford is with us now. Personally I think his coaching days are over. Without doubt, Locket was the reason the Swans made the GF not Eade. Oh and "The Tilt" of course.

Wallace? Hmmm didn't leave the Bulldogs on great terms and I'm not into the complete details except the fact that most of the players hated his guts!

Lambert? Ex tiger who was a pretty tough cookie and a smart footballer on the field but that doesn't mean he will make a good coach. But who knows, maybe he will one day but I wouldn't try him at Richmond just yet.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
frawleyudud said:
Harry you are a very wise man, and keep up the good work!!!! I have asked for a new bandwagon!!! Double decker!!! Too fit all those who will be swarming to jump on!!!

I'll try and get a trailor attached coz come year end we're gonna need it.

Totally agree about Lambert. The quality that he has that I appreciate is that he doesn't put up with crap and mediocrity which was well illustrated when he packed up and left a club that had been giving empty promises and was obviously going nowhere. Along with him being the assistant to the best coach going around for a few years and the fact that he was tough as a player are the perfect ingredients. Agree with FUD we should try and get a experienced coach first and if not get Lambert - at the end of this year.

As much as people like Frawely for the person he is, its time to bite the bullet and realise that he's holding us back. If we are to get Lambert we need to get him for next year as IMO he will be hot property after that - especially when the Lions win 3 flags in a row. It'll be an emotional day when one of the tiger greats comes home ;D.

P

PuntRoadRoar

lol

lambert lol

no way, if were gunna do that then why not brittan HA!

if there's no more frawley at richmond come seasons end then its sheedy or bust for me thanks !!!

afterall he did say he feels there's unfinished business at richmond. whether its 3 years time or 8 and 15!! hope its not 15 he will be too old then LOL

now that would be emotional to see a real tiger come back home

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
FUD

The post about 'we would be happy if' is possibly the most brilliant, accurate, well thought out post I have ever read on this board.

You have hit not only one nail, but multiple nails on the head - with precision.

We have moved nowhere in four years, and it's time to cut our losses.

I have heard rumours that although Danny's contract runs until the end of 2004, we have an 'out' clause, which should we not make the finals again, we can terminate the deal. This explains why we are trying to scramble into the eight, not building a team for the future.

Further to this, I have been told that we have a verbal agreement with Terry Wallace, that if we miss the eight, and terminate Danny's contract, Terry Wallace will be appointed.

As for the other possibilities:

Sheedy - no coincidence that Danny and Sheedy both have contracts ending after the 2004 season. Sheedy has always wanted to coach Richmond, and will return in some capacity eventually.

Eade - a smart tactician, but wonder if he is the right man for Richmond. Just dont think he would fit in.

Lambert - four years under Leigh Matthews must have taught him something, and the fact the he is an ex Tiger, plus a smart footballer is also in his favour.

Brittain - very smart guy, I have spoken to him a couple of times this year, and he makes alot of sense, and is more than happy to discuss tactics etc with you. I think he would be a very good coach for us, and was unlucky with the injuries he copped to key players at Carlton, along with the of-field dramas.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
DragicevicFan said:
I have heard rumours that although Danny's contract runs until the end of 2004, we have an 'out' clause, which should we not make the finals again, we can terminate the deal. This explains why we are trying to scramble into the eight, not building a team for the future.

Yes - it all makes sense now.

Khan - here's more proof for what I stated earlier.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Why not reappoint Tom HAFEY.

SHEEDY is getting to old to appoint as a long term prospect...

EADE was apparently not respected at the SWANS.

WALLACE walked out on the Bulldogs.

I'd like to see how we perform with at least half of our best team on the field at one time.

No wonder the player can't adopt a positive attitude after reading these comments (ha ha)

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
DragicevicFan said:
Further to this, I have been told that we have a verbal agreement with Terry Wallace, that if we miss the eight, and terminate Danny's contract, Terry Wallace will be appointed.
this the same verbal agreement he has with the hawks and demons?

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Another year of Frawley will see memberships go under 20,000.
Sheedy as coach will see membership rise 30,000 plus and he wont put up with the Dudcan Fellaways of this world.
Sheedy or Wallace or Lambert, who cares. Anyone else but Frawley and his band of loser mates.