Stop 'merging' every topic and player on this forum | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Stop 'merging' every topic and player on this forum

rush

Tiger Cub
Jul 4, 2005
Is it just me or does anyone else find this annoying. I dont need to see Deledio 140 pages then Martin 130 pages old. Why cant we
just keep it topical and up to date, who cares if there are numerous posts about the player. Im not admin I know but I think the
current format makes this forum boring

If you think this forum is boring because of the way we run it, don't let the door hit your butt on the way out. :)

rush said:
Is it just me or does anyone else find this annoying. I dont need to see Deledio 140 pages then Martin 130 pages old. Why cant we
just keep it topical and up to date, who cares if there are numerous posts about the player. Im not admin I know but I think the
current format makes this forum boring

13 posts and 11 of them new threads. What is boring about contributing on existing discussions, other than not seeing your name up in lights as the thread starter?

I'm with the mods here...must be a dead set pain in the ass all the threads started on an over emotional moment where a whipping boy has made a balls up

CC TIGER said:
I'm with the mods here...must be a dead set pain in the ass all the threads started on an over emotional moment where a whipping boy has made a balls up

Exactly.

And some posters just like starting threads for the sake of it without using the search function on a player. For example a new thread was started on Foley this week.

Keep up the good work mods.

I think banning the ability to create new threads during a match and 4 hours afterwards would be a good idea and make life a tad easier for the mods on game day.

Baloo said:
I think banning the ability to create new threads during a match and 4 hours afterwards would be a good idea and make life a tad easier for the mods on game day.

But then we'd miss out on the "richmond vs whoever in one word" and "changes vs whoever else" threads that traditionally come into existence by the 15 minute mark of the final quarter...

skybeau said:
But then we'd miss out on the "richmond vs whoever in one word" and "changes vs whoever else" threads that traditionally come into existence by the 15 minute mark of the final quarter...

They can always be created by the mods when they create the game day thread.

skybeau said:

So because you don't like a thread, we shouldn't start it.

I start the "1 word thread" - and going by the usual 4 pages of 1 word answers, I think it justifies its position.

can't please everyone on here.

CC TIGER said:

Agree CC. Funny how it's always the unknown or barely seen posters who open up numerous threads on the same issue. Game Day mania.

Baloo said:

Banning posting altogether in that situation would make our life even easier. :help

U2Tigers said:
So because you don't like a thread, we shouldn't start it.

I start the "1 word thread" - and going by the usual 4 pages of 1 word answers, I think it justifies its position.

can't please everyone on here.

You certainly can't. Especially when I didn't express an opinion on either of those threads or the posters who create them. Funny that you automatically make that assumption that I don't like your threads.

For the record, I don't care one way or the other, I don't read the "one word" threads, but others obviously do. And if thread creation was disabled, then your thread would have to wait until later, by which time everyone would have calmed down and intellectualised their responses. Would that make it less interesting, do you think?

Suppose the next logical step is banning posting completely for a period of time following a game.

U2Tigers said:

A few people have started similar post game one word threads over the years. The funny thing this week was you jumped the gun and posted it well before the game ended didn't you?

The cyber fisticuffs over the game day thread are amusing too. As are the thread titles in stand out capital letters. It seems people get pretty protective about starting threads.

As long as someone starts them and they generate new discussion then all's good.

rosy23 said:
A few people have started similar post game one word threads over the years. The funny thing this week was you jumped the gun and posted it well before the game ended didn't you?

The cyber fisticuffs over the game day thread are amusing too. As are the thread titles in stand out capital letters. It seems people get pretty protective about starting threads.

As long as someone starts them and they generate new discussion then all's good.

Does Nitro get a special reward? ;D