Support for BLM | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Support for BLM

Do you support Richmond players taking a knee before tonight's match?

• Yes

Votes: 62 66.0%
  • No

Votes: 32 34.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you aren't a racist it's got nothing to do with you.
A lot of protesters are saying it’s not enough to be “not racist” you have to be “anti racist”. So some say it does have something to do with him, with everyone.

A lot of protesters are saying it’s not enough to be “not racist” you have to be “anti racist”. So some say it does have something to do with him, with everyone.
Are you suggesting G isn't anti racist? That he doesn't opposed realism?

While i am sure he thinks a free market should be left to decide if racism is ok or not, i am sure deep down he knows it it's wrong.

So why is it that the German or Japaneese people of today are not held accountable for there ancestors atrocities during the war, yet white people here in .Australia [ & other countries ] are reminded all the time of events that happened many many years ago. If the figure is correct of 12% of the world population is white , then you tell me me who are the one's being discriminated against !! Skin colour means jack s##t..there are good & bad in all .
No I don't agree with Richmond 's knee decision but that's there choice..........

Reactions: 1 user
So why is it that the German or Japaneese people of today are not held accountable for there ancestors atrocities during the war, yet white people here in .Australia [ & other countries ] are reminded all the time of events that happened many many years ago. If the figure is correct of 12% of the world population is white , then you tell me me who are the one's being discriminated against !! Skin colour means jack s##t..there are good & bad in all .
No I don't agree with Richmond 's knee decision but that's there choice..........

You also think Trump is the greatest President ever.

Are you suggesting G isn't anti racist? That he doesn't opposed realism?

While i am sure he thinks a free market should be left to decide if racism is ok or not, i am sure deep down he knows it it's wrong.
Racism is a bogus concept if you ask me. What the hell is race anyway? It doesn't have a high enough level of precision to be a useful category IMO. Obama for example is black in America, but white in Kenya. There is so much intermingling between people of different areas of the globe for it to lose any meaning. I don't think you can really derive anything from studying different race categories because there are so many factors that go into an individual's identity that trying to isolate an imprecise category of race won't tell you anything useful. I think that the problem with most self proclaimed anti-racist folk is that they agree with the racist's underlying premise that race categories are meaningful. I also think that culture and race are concepts that often get confused with each other.

If people want to discriminate against other people based on their understanding of race, then I think they should be free to do that. For example (a bad one but you'll get the point) a Chinese restaurant only allowing Chinese people to their establishment. I don't however believe that people should be given government bestowed privileges based on their claimed race identify, but then again, I don't think anyone should be given government bestowed privileges period. People should all be treated the same way in the eyes of the law, anything else is inequitable.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Really?

Thanks DavidSSS,

Perhaps you should remove one S and come clean.

LeetoRainestoRoach - Thanks for at least asking the question and seeking a poll.

TBH - it's been a mostly civil discussion and everyone is entitled to their viewpoint.

I note that only 94 persons replied - so - its fair to say it can't be used as any sort of measurement that (might) reflect the broader RFC supporter base thinking (in my myopic world not a single 'fan' (caveat - that I know) supported the stance. Indeed it's been several days of open mocking.

Ignorant fools! :)

Surely the 2016 US election and 2019 AUS election have made us very wary of "polls" (not that was ever your intent - I know it wasn't).

............ the reason the 'silent minority/majority' don't respond to polls is once again beautifully captured by Peanuts (attached).

Can you guess which character represent the ilk of CoburgTiger and DavidSSS?

Damn! .......... I'm 'dog whistling' again :rotfl2:rotfl2:rotfl2:rotfl2:rotfl2:rotfl2

Here's to Tigers smashing the Hawks on Thursday and hopefully moving on from being distracted by political agenda.

It says something that you continue to express your worldview through peanuts comics.

Good to see only a quarter of us support institutionalised racism.

Honestly thought it would be more.

If that was a thing, sure. I have no problem with the symbolic gesture. But...the numbers don't bear out. I just listened to a podcast about it that goes through some numbers. In the U.S. police kill many more white people per police encounter than black. African-Americans are 13% of the population but commit 50% of the violent crimes. Most deadly encounters for black men in the U.S. involve other black men. There is almost certainly a huge problem of training and recruitment and nepotism. But the story that policing is institutionally or systemically racist doesn't hold up.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.