Sydney Stack

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
6,103
138
Might be moving in with Dimma.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl-draft/afl-draft-2018-richmond-set-to-offer-sydney-stack-an-afl-lifeline-ng-b881031223z
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
12,384
0
That's really interesting, one thing I heard was Stack had a few discipline issues, this being second hand info but it does explain why he was overlooked. Probably worth a shot but his running was pretty bad at the combine. For his player type to succeed he needs to adopt a thoroughly professional outlook.
 

St Kevin

Vlastuin 3:16
Apr 1, 2014
4,135
128
TigerForce said:
Big gamble from Dimma. What's the logic in this?
Stengle/Lloyd replacement?

Stack clearly has talent, and talent gets chances.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Champion
Feb 9, 2015
3,140
1,261
Concerns above are well founded, added to the fact the WA clubs who should know him best chose to pass on him is a worry!

Must have talent? a quote from AFL Draft Central:

"If he is available at pick 31, the Dockers could have a steal in Perth’s Sydney Stack who is one of the most exciting and impactful midfielder/forwards in this year’s draft pool. Despite only standing at 177cm"
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
22,105
633
I’m confused. How can he be picked up now? All the drafts done. He’s not a DFA of any description.
 

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
22,105
633
taztiger4 said:
same rule that allows us to get Weller - SSP
But Weller was a delisted free agent (of sorts). Stack isn’t. What’s SSP stand for?
 

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
6,103
138
What's his speed and endurance like? Has he got tricks? Is he similar to Stengle in that he's got game but can't run?
 

caesar

Tiger Champion
Feb 9, 2015
3,140
1,261
Is there a limit to how many you can pick up under this rule? anyone else we want sleeping at Dim ma's house?
 

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
4,693
657
Richmond Victoria
tigertim said:
But Weller was a delisted free agent (of sorts). Stack isn’t. What’s SSP stand for?
supplemental selection period, applies if you've previously been on a list or have nominated for a draft. can select players between Dec 1 & March 15

Some people are referring to it as a mid season draft
 

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
12,384
0
mad_tiggy911 said:
What's his speed and endurance like? Has he got tricks? Is he similar to Stengle in that he's got game but can't run?
Height - 177cm

Smart Speed 20m Sprint – 3.006 sec

Smart Speed Agility – 8.515sec

YoYo IR2 Level – 20.4

2km Time Trial – 7min 0sec
 

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
6,244
522
Tasmania
taztiger4 said:
supplemental selection period, applies if you've previously been on a list or have nominated for a draft. can select players between Dec 1 & March 15

Some people are referring to it as a mid season draft
I thought it meant secret special player

bullus_hit said:
Height - 177cm

Smart Speed 20m Sprint – 3.006 sec

Smart Speed Agility – 8.515sec

YoYo IR2 Level – 20.4

2km Time Trial – 7min 0sec
That’s pretty slow 2 k’er - I could crack 3 1/2 min per km in my peak and honestly I was a plodder
 

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
12,384
0
year of the tiger said:
I thought it meant secret special player

That’s pretty slow 2 k’er - I could crack 3 1/2 min per km in my peak and honestly I was a plodder
Yep, really bad, yo-yo not much better. Pace ok though. It's a longshot particularly given he's 177cm, the only role I can see is defensive small forward but that will require a super human effort to get his fitness up.
 

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
8,920
620
Melbourne
Some of the kids that come from unorthodox family backgrounds have very good reasons for why they are not as fit as Private school kids and city boys, who get things handed to them.

Maybe he comes from a remote background and didn’t have a parent who could (or was able to) commit to driving him to training several times each week? Maybe he made the State team despite some of these things, because of his natural talent? We don’t know about these things but the clubs do.

If Dimma is going to take him in before they draft him, it is likely that the club wants to look at how he adapts to the professionalism of AFL footy before they commit to him.

It’s a free look.
 
E

easy_tiger

Guest
bullus_hit said:
Yep, really bad, yo-yo not much better. Pace ok though. It's a longshot particularly given he's 177cm, the only role I can see is defensive small forward but that will require a super human effort to get his fitness up.
I thought level 20 yo-yo was good?

I thought this thread was a draft tampering thread about the swans :hihi

I like the look of Syd's reel. he gets caught and swung about, cause he waits for the best option, then takes it.

if they made a panic decision test at the combine, I suspect he'd score a zero.