Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Jonesracing82 said:
As a matter of interest what did Turner score? (think he was the kid we got that did well in that test)

I back the Club in on this one, it's basically a free hit.

21.4 yo/yo
2.97sec/20m

Also 90% HE

Biggest weakness - tackling

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
tigertim said:
I thought it was an underwhelming highlights package. The only good thing was that he was able to dispose despite always being harassed when he had the ball.

Stack is very overrated but for a rookie pick, maybe, but I still think there's better options.

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
bullus_hit said:
Stack is very overrated but for a rookie pick, maybe, but I still think there's better options.
Than a mid that made AA u18 , doubt it . Kid has had an unfortunate and turbulent family life , it will be up to him if he embraces the chance to live in a stable environment with role models in sheds , Dan and xav Clarke he can draw on. We re much better placed now than we have been before

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
BillyJean17 said:
Than a mid that made AA u18 , doubt it . Kid has had an unfortunate and turbulent family life , it will be up to him if he embraces the chance to live in a stable environment with role models in sheds , Dan and xav Clarke he can draw on. We re much better placed now than we have been before

English also AA, not really A grade quality but you never know. Stack at 177cm with poor endurance is up against it, have no idea how much improvement is left but he's in the bottom 15% for aerobic capacity. I suppose it's only a rookie pick & is clearly better than Aarts.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Another long shot by the club.
Rather we just stick with probables.

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
The Big Richo said:
Interesting move.

Our record with indigenous boys has been poor but seems to have joined many areas of our football department in improving over the last few years.

Hardwick's capacity to coach these boys has also been seen as a weakness so it will be interesting to see how far he has come.
That record was prior to the likes of xav clarke and now dan Rioli seen as a young leader and the mature sheds . Nothing like how we shape up now

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
TOT70 said:
The only negative from my point of view is our recent history with alliterative names. Clayton Collard, Relton Roberts, Troy Taylor, Marty McGrath and Kayle Kirby do not fill me with any confidence that we will get a different result with Sidney Stack.
We used to do it better in the 60s. Billy Barrott. Billy Brown. Graeme Gahan.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
If we are going to use this rule to pick up the best leftover, Stack is the right player.

In the 2017 champs, as an underager, you would have forecast he would be a top 20 pick. Didn't quite go on with it but IMO has untapped talent. May as well use Dimma's spare room on a high risk high reward option

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
TOT70 said:
The only negative from my point of view is our recent history with alliterative names. Clayton Collard, Relton Roberts, Troy Taylor, Marty McGrath and Kayle Kirby do not fill me with any confidence that we will get a different result with Sidney Stack.

We did better with Mark Mitchell and Mark Merenda.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Biggest problem is his professionalism

Missing training
Not doing the work required away from the team
training at below his best

Hopefully away from perth all this may improve and his fitness can improve
not easy to do

Bizzbizz

Tiger Rookie
Jul 13, 2015
Worth the free hit was talked up as a second rounder at various stages so worth the look sumich is a massive fan

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Why can’t we just get kids that can play instead of making them good citizens first.
Like others have said our track record with rough edged kids isn’t good.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
zippadeee said:
Why can’t we just get kids that can play instead of making them good citizens first.
Like others have said our track record with rough edged kids isn’t good.

he can play, hence why he finished the season in the WAFL seniors & averaged 14 possies & nearly 4 tackles

E

easy_tiger

The Big Richo said:
Interesting move.

Our record with indigenous boys has been poor

Maurice Rioli, Phil Egan, Michael Mitchell, Shane Edwards, Danny Rioli

5 stars off the top of my head in 35 years.

again, off the top of my head, that's probably about 0.5% of ALL players who have played for us, turn out indigenous stars.

I'm pretty sure if we worked out what proportion of indigenous players who have played for us in that period who have turned into stars,

it would be a double figure %

I'd say, off the top of my head, our record with indigenous boys is outstanding.

I reckon SS is a absolute ripper pick up.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Don't mind the idea of picking up a young talent with some rough edges n a few life issues with a rookie type pick, to my line of thinking that's the ideal situation for rookie picks. If he's a bust then there's been no great outlay from the club beyond offering an opportunity.
With a bit of care n support there's an opportunity to firstly help a kid polish off some of the rough edges n grow into the best possible person he can be. There's also the bonus of perhaps getting a quality young footballer, virtually for free.
From the look of his video package, he's obviously made the AA squad on very raw talent. Get a season or two of professional training, work ethic, diet into him n there's no reason that he couldn't vastly improve his body shape n aerobic numbers.