Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

I’m glad he stayed in. I'd leave him down back, moving him forward ultimately cost him his spot last year.

Reactions: 3 users
The boom was premature and the bust is premature. Stack is a developing player making mistakes in the L plate position. HBF.

This week he will have worked on NOT taking possession without a plan. And when to get a stoppage. Let's see how he goes this week at thinking through possession.

I'm not at all surprised he was retained despite the relative accuracy of zipper's claims that he had a hand in half of Hawthorn's goals.

Further to this notion of playing inexperienced players who make mistakes. I once counted out loud nineteen crucial mistakes in a half from a young Dylan Grimes. They make mistakes coz they're arse deep in the game. They can get there. That's the hardest part.

Secondly and most importantly we have to develop some youth if we're to win the premiership.

We have a finely-timed plan to win the premiership. Our window is still open but maybe not for much longer. Youth. We need to accelerate it. And Covid made that harder and *smile* our timing.

With the youth we need to get them to the club. We need to get them around the senior players. We need to get them training. Covid. They're not allowed to do any of that. And Sydney Stack gives away five goal shots in R3 after a eight-week break between R1 and R2.

The good sides have planned to be behind in the preps of their senior players. And then Covid. So are further behind and that's unplanned. A bold club with a youth focus could be rewarded this year. ATM those clubs could be PtAdelaide or GCS, particularly Port Power.

We need to bring youth into our 2019 premiership team. As at 26 June 2020 Sydney Stack is what we've got.

Reactions: 5 users
Stack's first half had me wanting to throw things at the TV last week. I swear he was involved in about 5 Hawk goals.:mad:

That said his 2nd half was much better & I'm glad he was given a reprieve as without VFL it will take time to adjust to the pace.

Despite bursting onto the scene in his debut season, I think Syd needs to be cut a bit of slack.
He's still a developing 2nd year player who's had much to deal with & overcome. This has been a very unsettling time for those even with the best support networks & structures. If he lost his way a bit when away from the footy club then it's no real surprise.

One thing I do hope is that he gets a chance to settle in position as been flicked a fair bit between thee back & forward half this season.
I'm expecting him to play back again this week. Hope he does well.
2, oppo goals , picket responsible for the other 2-3

After a poor start he found some touch. Many of his teammates didn't. Hence he gets a reprieve.

A lot of excuses have been made about Rioli's ankle. Stack's maybe played 3 games since his ankle injury so he has two years over Rioli.

Reactions: 1 user
ol Sydney is a unique situation in the modern day, kids with Syds background rarely get the chance, we’ve got to remember this is a 19 year old kid coming from sleeping on random couches with nothing in his wallet to having everyone patting him on the back and having real structures in his life for the first time, as well as a few bucks in the pocket, not many of us could trulyy understand what a whirlwind the first 18 months in the system has been for him, I’d liken it to riding ya Malvern star to work and having plain salada’s for smoko and then next week takin the Calais and havin a hamburger with the lot for smoko and some garlic prawns for lunch
I think that is his problem this year, he has had way too many hambergers, his body looks more like a porker than a footballer

I think that is his problem this year, he has had way too many hambergers, his body looks more like a porker than a footballer
Probably its KFC buckets, going by his draft history. Shrug. He will work it off

Just spoke to him.
God help Stkilda. He is like caged animal. Like a wounded Tiger.
Whoever gets the 'bump" tonight will feel like they have just been hit by a truck.

Just spoke to him.
God help Stkilda. He is like caged animal. Like a wounded Tiger.
Whoever gets the 'bump" tonight will feel like they have just been hit by a truck.
Then Nank will "accidentally" fall on the victim.:D

I can see tomorrows headline already........... Saints lose Battle after a King hit from Stack leaves them Short.

Would be nice if we play him in one role and the one role only for a significant amount of time.

Reactions: 3 users
Maybe needs to stop focusing on his Insta profile and work on his skills which have been well below acceptable the last 3 weeks. He can enjoy himself playing a scratch match with his buddies Marlion and Daniel next week.