Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

It's now two breaches and she's back in jail.
Turns out that the people living at the address she gave as to where she was spending her bail period have never heard of her.
Her lawyer claims it's all an "error" but she's now been denied bail.
If there's any fairness in the system she should now spend 16 days inside, just like Stack has had to.

Reactions: 1 user
Stackman is merely adding extra chapters to his book. Locked up for christmas and new years will be between the kebabgate and norm smith chapters.

Court will be hearing the case now.

CPJrYxH.jpg

Court will be hearing the case now.

CPJrYxH.jpg
I hope they remember to dial him in. I had a case last month with Melbourne magistrates court via WebEx but they “unfortunately “ forgot to dial me in even though I spent the day waiting. Found me guilty in my absence! I had to apply for a rehearing.

• Wow
Remanded in custody until next hearing on January 23. The report gives no information about how this unfolded.

Sydney Stack back in court over alleged COVID-19 self-quarantine breaches (paywalled)

Richmond footballer Sydney Stack will remain behind bars until at least January 23 after he made a brief appearance in Perth Magistrate’s Court on Wednesday — accused of breaching WA’s COVID-19 quarantine requirements.

As the Tigers near their return to the training field on Monday, the 20-year-old remains in jail, having already spent Christmas and New Years inside Hakea Prison.

Stack remained straight-faced throughout his brief video appearance on Wednesday, uttering only one word.

“Yep,” he said when asked by the magistrate if he understood what was being said in court.

He will next front court on January 23.

• Wow
Remanded in custody until next hearing on January 23. The report gives no information about how this unfolded.

Sydney Stack back in court over alleged COVID-19 self-quarantine breaches (paywalled)

Richmond footballer Sydney Stack will remain behind bars until at least January 23 after he made a brief appearance in Perth Magistrate’s Court on Wednesday — accused of breaching WA’s COVID-19 quarantine requirements.

As the Tigers near their return to the training field on Monday, the 20-year-old remains in jail, having already spent Christmas and New Years inside Hakea Prison.

Stack remained straight-faced throughout his brief video appearance on Wednesday, uttering only one word.

“Yep,” he said when asked by the magistrate if he understood what was being said in court.

Wow another 3 weeks. I thought he wasd only not granted bail as he needed to quarantine for 2 weeks. He's done that now. Not providing him bail now seems harsh for what he's being charged with.

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users
Honestly pathectic until January 23 he was supposed to be out the 6th bunch of clowns go and catch the real criminals disgraceful his story become a embarrassing.

Reactions: 3 users
I hope they remember to dial him in. I had a case last month with Melbourne magistrates court via WebEx but they “unfortunately “ forgot to dial me in even though I spent the day waiting. Found me guilty in my absence! I had to apply for a rehearing.

so you are posting from a correctional facility now tim?

Utterly bizarre, unless he's misbehaved whilst inside this doesn't make any sense whatsoever when compared to the majority of the other cases.

Seriously? Remanded for another 17 days? WTF? Whilst this is happening the media's running with click bait stories about Dimma's private life. This place is truly rooted.

Reactions: 2 users
Canberra Times reports it slightly different, says the hearing was "postponed" and he will appear again on Jan 20.

No court for AFL's Stack over quarantine

Not sure how it works but have to assume either the defence or the prosecution wasn't ready.
you'd hope it was the prosecution if this is correct however how does that then justify keeping him locked up for another two weeks?

you'd hope it was the prosecution if this is correct however how does that then justify keeping him locked up for another two weeks?
Don't know how it works.

The club couldn't get any legal assistance across the border as it's closed. If I had to guess, I'd suggest it was Stack's side requesting the adjournment. The stakes are pretty high.

surely can apply for bail? absurd situation.....he is going to far exceed any punishment he would be likely to receive.
Note: I know absolutely nothing about the legal system.

That is not good. I have no idea of the details, but I do find it hard to believe that a non indigenous person would suffer the same fate unless those details are really, really bad.

Reactions: 4 users