Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Sounds like a legal aid lawyer. Probably only appointed to the case in past day or so and hasn’t had a chance to do any work on it. This will be a negotiation between the defence and prosecution. Plead guilty, apologise unreservedly to the court and publicly supporting the government’s stance on COVID and the importance of quarantine etc...time served, small fine, some community service at some unspecified time in the future. Then his final chance at Richmond begins.
That would be the smart thing to do. Demonstrate contrition instead of claiming he was in Perth for a COVID test.

Reactions: 1 users

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Sounds like a legal aid lawyer. Probably only appointed to the case in past day or so and hasn’t had a chance to do any work on it. This will be a negotiation between the defence and prosecution. Plead guilty, apologise unreservedly to the court and publicly supporting the government’s stance on COVID and the importance of quarantine etc...time served, small fine, some community service at some unspecified time in the future. Then his final chance at Richmond begins.
Google her. She's done time working for the ALS but she's certainly in the big leagues now and should have been prepared unless, as you say, the club/Peos only just appointed her. Also possible that she wants to call family members as witnesses and it will take time to get them to Perth.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
His case was due to be heard today - not guilty, freedom with conditions, jail sentence - something. An end.

His legal counsel asked for the hearing to be adjourned for another two weeks. Possibly under instruction from Richmond's lawyers, I don't know. She didn't provide a reason.

His legal counsel also asked for a bail hearing to be set for Friday, which was granted.

Yeah it's disappointing that he's not free at this minute, but some posts are real eye-openers.
I think some of the reactions and the inference that this is somehow race related refer to the initial media report which was very lacking in detail.
It's only the latter reports which show that the adjournment was requested by his defence lawyer and which funnily enough were, initially, buried in somewhat more obscure papers that got the facts out

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Go say it down at Cardinia park then.

agree. I like what catman brings.

but Geelong blokes have no place in our stackman's thread,

unless they want to passively let as have our way, in the manner of Rhys Stanley

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
By the time they let him out he will be Top dog of Wentworth.
Others have spent less time in jail for Robbery.

Reactions: 1 user

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Pretty disgusting set of circumstances. Like most, I don't know all of the facts, but it looks totally disproportionate to the alleged "offence".

Then when you add the different treatment that other people have received, it makes me mad :mad:

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Pretty disgusting set of circumstances. Like most, I don't know all of the facts, but it looks totally disproportionate to the alleged "offence".

Then when you add the different treatment that other people have received, it makes me mad :mad:
He should get bail on Friday. No reason that he shouldn't unless there's something we don't know.

RedanTiger

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
He should get bail on Friday. No reason that he shouldn't unless there's something we don't know.
If he is granted bail on Friday he will need somewhere to stay.
That may be causing the delay on release.
I doubt they would accept where he was staying in Belmont when he breached and his grandma may not be prepared to take him in after what he did first time around.

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Surely he will cop time served, might be a better option to just plead guilty and walk.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
By the time they let him out he will be Top dog of Wentworth.
Others have spent less time in jail for Robbery.
Gotta get past Lizzy Birdsworth and Queen Bea first.................................but the risk is getting ya head pressed in the laundry

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Gotta get past Lizzy Birdsworth and Queen Bea first.................................but the risk is getting ya head pressed in the laundry

Vinegar tits and the freak
And Judy and Doreen

Bennnny

Punt Road End. The best place to watch The Tiges.
Mar 29, 2005
Melbourne
www.indieinitiative.com
I’m at a bit of a loss here.

Initially I had little compassion for him. Did the wrong thing and deserved a bit of a whack.

Now it seems somewhat draconian to keep him there for another 2 weeks.

System there in WA I am not familiar with, but surely this is inhumane.

But on another level altogether, i find myself asking would I give a *smile*, care so much if it was a Collingwood player for example, or just joe public?

This whole COVID thing sure does challenge your general line of thoughts on so many different levels.
His issue is being an aboriginal in WA.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Years back my favourite show on TV was prison break.
Thought it would be great to serve time in a American maximum prison .
So many great characters, fun and adventures to get in.

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
If he is granted bail on Friday he will need somewhere to stay.
That may be causing the delay on release.
I doubt they would accept where he was staying in Belmont when he breached and his grandma may not be prepared to take him in after what he did first time around.
Yes that's quite possible. Grandma and at least one sister seem quite anti over his behaviour.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Appreciate your commentary and providing updates Althom.
Fingers crossed he gets bailed and makes training on Monday ( wherever that may be). The sooner he gets arms wrapped around him the better