Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Great news. Stack has the potential to be one of the best players on our list.
Yes, great player, but let's see how he handles some tests... like a serious injury that requires dedication and resilience or coping with going out to a pub etc. when lockdown is over, or a relative passes away in W.A. and he wants to go to the funeral but he's required for an important game here in Vic. The injury query has already been answered with a tick when he worked hard to get fit for the VFL finals in 2019 but for the others he's already made poor choices in the past so I hope he now has the support he needs to make better decisions.

Reactions: 1 user

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
This why you don’t go off half cocked.
Wait for the facts.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Yes, great player, but let's see how he handles some tests... like a serious injury that requires dedication and resilience or coping with going out to a pub etc. when lockdown is over, or a relative passes away in W.A. and he wants to go to the funeral but he's required for an important game here in Vic. The injury query has already been answered with a tick when he worked hard to get fit for the VFL finals in 2019 but for the others he's already made poor choices in the past so I hope he now has the support he needs to make better decisions.
He passed the biggest test last year after spending time in jail and then playing some very good senior footy.

Reactions: 3 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
He passed the biggest test last year after spending time in jail and then playing some very good senior footy.
Yeh too many seem to ignore the massive challenges he’s faced already to get where he is. I’m a huge fan I think he could have a Houli like impact on and off field, in fact he has the ability to be a better player. He’s special.

Reactions: 7 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Happy stackman has signed. Oozes class. Redemption story 2 begging to be written.

Reactions: 1 users

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
Yeh too many seem to ignore the massive challenges he’s faced already to get where he is. I’m a huge fan I think he could have a Houli like impact on and off field, in fact he has the ability to be a better player. He’s special.
Maybe Marlion tapped him on the shoulder and had a chat.

jack zoot

Tiger Cub
Dec 24, 2005
On hearing the good news of Syd re-signing, thought I drop the lyrics to his second single

Guess whose back
That’s right it’s Sydney Stack
Got 44 on my back
Dancing and weaving through the pack
This Summer I'll burn up the track
Lovin' the ink on Broady’s back
Haters gonna give me flack
But its water off a duck’s back

Now I’m not eating any more kebabs
Not with CJ nor with Mabs
Tigers signed me to a one year deal
Gonna add to my highlight reel
Gonna hit our forwards on the tit
Taking hangers when I got the sit
Line up Viney for another hit
Tiger army gonna go ape sh!t
When are you and Syd gunna release this smash single

jack zoot

Tiger Cub
Dec 24, 2005
Melbourne have taken over our place as AFL Top Dog. We need this type of attitude and execution to put us back up where we belong.

Keep Stacking ‘em up son! https://www.afl.com.au/video/41342/...dal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1556107026001
Remember watching that live wasvup in 3rd level southern stand.all i could see was the number 4 i thought it was Bachar at the time who delivered that beautiful bump,, then I saw the second 4 and knew it was syd ,,knew we had a ripper on our hands,,

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Agree, but to be fair, far too premature to be calling him 'great' just yet. Has to do a great deal more. A lot of potential to become a quality player though. Except, potential is the most disappointing word used in sports. Easily said; another thing to actually fulfill it.

Reactions: 2 users

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
Could be anything.
could be a great asset next year.
if fit but more importantly mentally fit.
im excited.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Pretty confident he’ll finish top 5 in the JDM, question is what position will he train as in the pre season

• Love

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Can play...

If reports are correct that hes training with Lambo, i wonder if he will also take Lambos role going forward and switch out, if fit he could play a multitude of roles... Lambo, regardless is a great role model for Stacky, as a human and as a very determined get best out of yourself footy player.... Opposites attract sometimes, look at Cotch - Dusty...

IF, Big IF, he can get it together and play 150-250 games for Tigers he will be a star!.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Can play...

If reports are correct that hes training with Lambo, i wonder if he will also take Lambos role going forward and switch out, if fit he could play a multitude of roles... Lambo, regardless is a great role model for Stacky, as a human and as a very determined get best out of yourself footy player.... Opposites attract sometimes, look at Cotch - Dusty...

IF, Big IF, he can get it together and play 150-250 games for Tigers he will be a star!.
I think its RCD training with Lambo , Stack is training with M.C Hammer on their new Tic Toc clip

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users