Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

nqtiger

In the jungle
Mar 7, 2004
Back From The jungle
Just a quick question?
Did Hunter get time behind bars when he was caught drink driving, ramming parked cars and breaking lock down laws?
Did Buddy Franklin get jail time, when he was pissed and flipped his car after crashing into a parked car?
Im not sure why he was locked up.
What happened to a fine?
People put others in coma after a street fight and still get parole.
I just hope WA didnt use Stack as an example, because i reckon he was really hard done by.
Different laws in different states, we may not agree with them, but in WA McGowan has a 96% approval rating, it just goes to show that dan and Gladys are soft, fwiw the two skanks who broke Covid regulstions in Qld are looking at 4 years

Reactions: 1 user

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
"Stack’s release came after an agreement had been reached between Stack’s lawyers, including high-profile barrister Tom Percy, and prosecutors, who did not oppose bail.

That, prosecutor Les Hobson said, was because Stack’s circumstances had changed since his arrest. He had finished serving his isolation period and had tested negative for COVID-19.

Mr Hobson said it was “not inevitable” given “facts personal” to the footballer, including his lack of criminal record, that he would receive an immediate term of imprisonment if convicted."

So with Syd not having a criminal record, do you care to elaborate on your above post on what "Richmond had to do to get the WA authorities to allow Stack to relocate to Victoria" in 2019?

You would like to elaborate
Yep
I really don’t care of what people do in there life .
You want facts !! He was under care of the WA through his juvenile/ teenage days . Some would call this ward of the state where any relocation would need approval . Suggest you google and find the article back in Dec/ Jan 2019
Thus he was under Hardwick care when arrived in Victoria, as there were concerns . Cheers

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Yep
You want facts !! He was under care of the WA through his juvenile/ teenage days . Some would call this ward of the state where any relocation would need approval . Suggest you google and find the article back in Dec/ Jan 2019
Thus he was under Hardwick care when arrived in Victoria, as there were concerns . Cheers
Thanks for the reply.
I have tried finding articles from when we picked him up, but can't find any that mention anything out of the ordinary.
I'll try googling under ward of the state.
Syd was 18 when he started training with us, at that age he wouldn't still be a ward of the state would he?

Last edited:

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Yep
Just because you are under care of the State, doesn't mean you're a crim. Could simply mean that he's a juvenile at risk because he's come from a broken home and has no formal family support.

No left foot

Tiger Rookie
Aug 30, 2020
Thanks for the reply.
I have tried finding articles from when we picked him up, but can't find any that mention anything out of the ordinary.
I'll try googling under ward of the state.
Syd was 18 when he started training with us, at that age he wouldn't still be a ward of the state would he?
A fair bit of info on the younger Sydney here:

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
A fair bit of info on the younger Sydney here:
That's a fair *smile* up of a life for any kid to get through.
Got a feeling there's a whole heap of issues young Stacka has to try n work his way through before he gets anywhere near what most would consider to be a well sorted professional athlete, reaching the " accepted " norms of politically correct polite AFL society. Hope the young fella makes it through.

Reactions: 4 users

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Just because you are under care of the State, doesn't mean you're a crim. Could simply mean that he's a juvenile at risk because he's come from a broken home and has no formal family support.
Where did I say he was a Crim ?

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I just hope the lad really wants to change his life around as that is the first step. He will undoubtedly have plenty of help around including the club to guide his future if he wants it. For me, I hope he understands where his life could take him and takes the right path

Reactions: 1 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
i watched stacks highlight reel with the dog tonight to help her get through a severe thunderstorm and before I knew it I was on to Jack Ross and then, why not? Let’s revisit the pivotal moment in the 2019 season, round 4 vs the dickheads. Great game. Beautiful centering kick by mena, Baker strutting like Bon in 78, slick moves by Shai, Edwards an intercept legend at half back, Ross giving those bogans a lesson in midfield craft, syd writing a redemption novella In the second half, Lynch clunking marks and nailing goals, grimes marking everything.... dang. Do yourself a favour!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 14 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
i watched stacks highlight reel with the dog tonight to help her get through a severe thunderstorm and before I knew it I was on to Jack Ross and then, why not? Let’s revisit the pivotal moment in the 2019 season, round 4 vs the dickheads. Great game. Beautiful centering kick by mena, Baker strutting like Bon in 78, slick moves by Shai, Edwards an intercept legend at half back, Ross giving those bogans a lesson in midfield craft, syd writing a redemption novella In the second half, Lynch clunking marks and nailing goals, grimes marking everything.... dang. Do yourself a favour!

when you wrote dickheads, i narrowed the opposition down to about 10 options. when you wrote bogans i knew exactly who you were talking about.

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005

Interesting Bakes is the same height as Bon, Legends of the West.

A bit of Bon's greatest work for Sunday,

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Interesting Bakes is the same height as Bon, Legends of the West.

A bit of Bon's greatest work for Sunday,

hahaha

jeez Angus would have had to been as fit as Bakes to swing that axe like that for 2 hours

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Seems the decision has been made to stick by Stacky. Good luck to him this year, he'll start behind the 8-ball again in terms of preseason work given events but let's hope he can put the work in and make a big impact.

Reactions: 3 users