Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Maybe he might make a midfielder one day when he has a tank but right now half back is perfect for him.

See ball/get ball/distribute ball

I saw elsewhere a suggestion he take over the kick ins which I agree with. We need someone who is going to be a bit more creative than just the long bomb

Reactions: 1 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Maybe he might make a midfielder one day when he has a tank but right now half back is perfect for him.

See ball/get ball/distribute ball

I saw elsewhere a suggestion he take over the kick ins which I agree with. We need someone who is going to be a bit more creative than just the long bomb
If he did that, he’s the perfect Houli replacement.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Syd for the kick-ins is a good idea. With the ability to run 728 metres from the goal square, being a long kick is not as important as hitting targets.

I wish we had three of this bloke. Then he could kick it to himself, twice, and every oppo point would become a Tiger shot at goal.

Reactions: 3 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
An upgrade on Houli. No offence intended to Houli.

Yep - Stack is showing better form now in 2021 than Houili would be capable of now in 2021 (even if he was fit)

And I’d expect the same in 2022 which makes it important that the hard call is made (hopefully amicably by both player and Club) for Bachar to retire at the end of the season.

But I just hope Stack can continue perform at that standard for as long as Bachar did.

Reactions: 2 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
I herd somewhere Bachar was mentoring him and Mansell to in great hands if the case.

Reactions: 4 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Syd for the kick-ins is a good idea. With the ability to run 728 metres from the goal square, being a long kick is not as important as hitting targets.

I wish we had three of this bloke. Then he could kick it to himself, twice, and every oppo point would become a Tiger shot at goal.
Spook you forgot to mention, you can run 655 metres without bouncing it too.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Big call here.
I’d give him Houli’s #14 guernsey next year.
I’d also get Bachar to continue to mentor Stacky and encourage him to develop a higher purpose.
Sydney is a rare extrovert and has the ability to reach out to his younger community in a relevant and meaningful way.
A stable and driven Stack can be a leader off field and a champion on it.

Reactions: 11 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Big call here.
I’d give him Houli’s #14 guernsey next year.
I’d also get Bachar to continue to mentor Stacky and encourage him to develop a higher purpose.
Sydney is a rare extrovert and has the ability to reach out to his younger community in a relevant and meaningful way.
A stable and driven Stack can be a leader off field and a champion on it.
I think Stackie wanted the #44.

He should keep it and make it famous himself, and I think he will, just as Marlion said he wanted to keep the #50 he wore in the GF because he wore it in the GF and wanted to make it his own, which he has most certainly done.

Reactions: 5 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
He's been named IC this week. I thought he lifted and showed maturity and composure later in the GWS game. Composure and Maturity are good foundations for continuing improvement.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Hoping Houli's retirement speech resonates with Stack and he really buckles down and comes back first day of pre season fit and firing.

Reactions: 2 users

Gazmatron

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 23, 2013
I think Stackie wanted the #44.

He should keep it and make it famous himself, and I think he will, just as Marlion said he wanted to keep the #50 he wore in the GF because he wore it in the GF and wanted to make it his own, which he has most certainly done.
Think you would possibly find some WA sentiment to 44 worm by the great indigenous WCE player David Wirrpunda

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Stack's also said he'd love to wear #9, his junior number. Imagine if he earns it.

Reactions: 1 user