Tactics 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tactics 2023

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I think Dimma has masterminded another game plan that can spell success as it showed we matched it with all teams this year. We just now need the right players to master it moving forward.
Hooefully that comes from recent draftees and trades.
Also need to sort the ruck or tell Nank he becomes a punch ruckman. No taps, no grabbing the ball. Just belt it forward.

If we look back, Dimma had the gameplan that we won the premierships with back in 2013-15. Went defensive to shore that area up in 2016 which impacted our ball movement and then we went for targeted recruitment with Prestia and Nank, and got the Caddy bonus when Geelong pissed him off touting him as part of the Lids trade.

Then it all flowed and the next 4 years were awesome.

I suspect we've done something similar this year, Dimma has the attacking blueprint but needs 1 or 2 targeted recruits / changes to take us to that next level. Reckon Truck will help with our defensive setups, remember we've had a non-defender in charge of our defense for the last 2 years, we've seen the impact of having Truck and then Leppa in charge had, I reckon we might see something similar if we can sign Truck up as our defensive coach.

Reactions: 4 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Taranto 7 year deal.

Looks like option 2 already being addressed.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
The way we threw a few games this year from winning positions including the EF, seemed less than coaching and personnel skill set but more mindset. Collectively we didn't seem to believe in ourselves and went into panic mode. Get the minds right and self belief and we will climb the mountain again as we have the potential goods. Emma Murry did great things for us so maybe we need her on our books fulltime

Reactions: 1 users