Talking Footy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Footy

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Dean3 said:
Gawd, hope he doesn't say anything, in case he says something ;D

LOL ;D. N eeds Miller's arm up the back of his jumper.

Danny please don't say we can still make the finals ???

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I presume this was booked yonks ago and Danny, in his wildest nightmares, could never have forseen the situation the club would have been in at this stage of the season.

I look forward to see how Danny handles it all, but I kinda feel sorry for him.

Maybe he should develop a migraine and get Staff to fill in for him. ;D

If all else fails plead ignorance Danny, I don't want to hear about finals hopes up to eyeballs or not being far off the pace.

Geez this new turn of events might cramp my chatroom style, ha.

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
A few weeks ago Bruce said that Danny had refused numerous requests for him to appear on Talking Footy this year.

Should be an entertaining hour anyway, we'll be able to hear about being 'in the hunt', 'up to our eyeballs', 'not getting reward for effort', 'stepping up to the plate', and all the usual crap.

Having seen Paul Roos on TF last week, it was refreshing to hear a coach just be honest, tell things as they are, and not use cliches in every sentence.

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
I can tell you this was not booked and is a sprare of the moment thing he has been asked to go on every week and has declined.
Him & others at the club believed while they are losing he cannot afford to stay silent and must speak out. This was a last minute despite what others might say.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Hopefully he's got a big announcement to make about going back to the farm. Wouldn't that be nice.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
I'm thinking aboutr skipping basketball jsut to see it. Someone please let me know all teh details (ie quotes etc). Very intrigued and interested in this. Cant get home first ot tape using VCR either . Spewing.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I admire Danny for offering to go on the show. He must be under a fair bit of pressure and I think it shows guts to put yourself in the firing line.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Is channel 7 giving us a message having Frawley directly after the Hitler mini series?

antigravity

I'm a llama!
Mar 29, 2003
He better clearly explain what's gone wrong this year and hint that players like Rogers, Houlihan, Bidders, Pettifer ect will be "leaving" the club at the end of the year. I want him to explain why he doesn't give the younger guys more time on the ground when they get selected and why he's stuck with Rogers etc. so much when it's clear that they're not up to it.

Otherwise, looks like I'll be going TV shopping tomorrow..

Dave

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Someone please take notes and provide a summary as Vietnam TV doesn't have Talking Footy unfortunately.

Look forward to reading.

Must admit I do feel sorry for Spud, must be feeling like he about to walk death row. Give him points for courage though on this occasion.

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
antigravity said:
He better clearly explain what's gone wrong this year and hint that players like Rogers, Houlihan, Bidders, Pettifer ect will be "leaving" the club at the end of the year. I want him to explain why he doesn't give the younger guys more time on the ground when they get selected and why he's stuck with Rogers etc. so much when it's clear that they're not up to it.

Otherwise, looks like I'll be going TV shopping tomorrow..

Dave
name me one coach who has aired out the dirty linen regarding players on these type of shows? ::)

antigravity

I'm a llama!
Mar 29, 2003
I'm telling ya, I wouldn't want to be interviewing Spud tonight! PHEW!

Poor Bruce... Danny's not taking any *smile* :)

But he's gotta do something about those cliches and dodging questions..

Frawley is annoyingly positive with his analysis of Richmond.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
When asked about the list Danny's response was - look at chrissy newman - he's gonna be a beauty. The guy is a nervous wreck and I felt sorry for him - he couldn't answer any questions without a cliche and a stutter. The guy couldn't teach primary kids let alone coach an AFL team. For your and everyones sake Danny - walk.

antigravity

I'm a llama!
Mar 29, 2003
Hey I'm studying to be a primary teacher!! :mad:

hehehehe

Yeah, I felt incredibly embarrassed watching him on Talking Footy last night. He wasn't very pleasant at all, and at one stage, Bruce was stuttering and wouldn't make eye contact with Danny at all.. He was very rude I thought, and once again didn't answer any hard questions (even though there was none really put to him) and it looked as if it was up to him, he'd rather be fighting in WW1 than be on that show last night..

Dave

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Danny looked a nervous wreck last night, he kept looking away, and couldnt seem to even look at anyone.

He looks like a man who has lost all faith in himself, he didnt answer any of the questions properly, and just looked completely shattered.

I felt sorry for him, as he is obviously having trouble coping with the pressure he and the club are under.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Frawley is a nice bloke. Too nice. Looks to me he is to scared to make hard decisions that will hurt peoples feelings. He gives you the impression he is one of the lads.
Tigerland needs a tough SOB, Frawley aint it.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Your spot on there diggler.

p.s Thats the "nicest" thing I've heard you say. lol