Talking Footy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Footy

P

PuntRoadRoar

so guys what questions were ACTUALLY asked? instead of telling us he never answered them.

Please inform some of us who were not as privileged to watch Talking Footy last night.

Or was it just crap questions like:

"Is Richmond disappointed that Kevin Bartlett has rejected another Richmond function?"

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
PuntRoadRoar said:
Or was it just crap questions like:

"Is Richmond disappointed that Kevin Bartlett has rejected another Richmond function?"

Close PRR - Danny was asked if he had tried to get Kevin Back to the Club. Danny said that he had spoken to him and that KB had helped out in 2001 with a video the players were shown during the finals.

Other questions of note:
Will they consider trading Richo - Danny said No. Bruce asked why and Danny said 'you tell me". Bruce went onto to say something like "well he's 28 and a big power forward and they are hard to come by" and Danny said exactly that's why he wont be traded.

He was asked about Pettifer, Hilton and Fiora and how they haven't come on well for high draft picks. He dodge that one - but did briefly touch on Rory's injuries

He was asked about our bottom six by Caro (who wouldn't name names but expected Danny too) and would they go at the end of the season. His answer was what you would have expected - the list is being reviewed constantly. As if he going to name players with 7 weeks to go

P

PuntRoadRoar

thanks koalalill.

btw does anyone else hate caro wilson??? LOL
she annoys the hell out of me.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
I know its not Frawley's style but when Bruce asked him about Petiffer, Fiora and Hilton not living up to expectation I thought he really missed an opportuntity.

Frawley could have taken the chance to give those 3 a bit of a public spraying and maybe stir them on a bit. Instead he made excuses and defended them.

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Apart from his mentioning Hilton's injuries I didn't hear much defending of Petiffer and Fiora, in fact I thought his silence on those two was worth noting.

JB

Tiger Cub
Jul 15, 2003
rosy3 said:
I admire Danny for offering to go on the show. He must be under a fair bit of pressure and I think it shows guts to put yourself in the firing line.

Yep, nothin more scarry than Bruce firing the tough questins ;D

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
DragicevicFan said:
Danny looked a nervous wreck last night, he kept looking away, and couldnt seem to even look at anyone.

He looks like a man who has lost all faith in himself, he didnt answer any of the questions properly, and just looked completely shattered.

I felt sorry for him, as he is obviously having trouble coping with the pressure he and the club are under.
Me too. I've worked with someone who had a bit of a breakdown and everyone else used it as an excuse to stick the knife in. I was one of the few that offered any support. And that's what Danny needs - support, not knives.

julzqld

Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
Koalalill said:
Other questions of note:
Will they consider trading Richo - Danny said No. Bruce asked why and Danny said 'you tell me". Bruce went onto to say something like "well he's 28 and a big power forward and they are hard to come by" and Danny said exactly that's why he wont be traded.
Good to hear. I'd imagine that if they did want to trade Richo we would still be in the poo with having to pay most/all of his contract anyway. Another Daffy/Bourke situation - is that what some of you want? And who would replace Richo? Ditto for Ottens.

jackstar

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 5, 2003
Forget about trading Richo. What about trading Ottens ?
Had an ordinary season last year and is never going to be that "Killer Type" Ruckman like Stafford.
Hey, hes earnt probably $500,000 a year for the past two years and delivered what ?
I understand injuries have disrupted this season but they way he coughed the ball up against Geelong wasnt good . ;)

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
julzqld said:
Koalalill said:
Other questions of note:
Good to hear. I'd imagine that if they did want to trade Richo we would still be in the poo with having to pay most/all of his contract anyway. Another Daffy/Bourke situation - is that what some of you want? And who would replace Richo? Ditto for Ottens.

So you're saying we should have kept daffy and bourke.

julzqld

Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
Is that what I said? :mad:

I said, we would want to avoid the situation we found ourselves in when we traded Daffy and Bourke - i.e. still paying most, if not all, their contract. I, for one, am quite happy with the Daffy-Stafford trade, just not the financial aspect of it.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Jackstar: did you see Ottens in the last quarter on Saturday arvo. He was as influential as Cogs and probably the reason Cgos was getting so many touches in the last quarter.

He wasnt bad last year either. I still think Ottens had a reasonable season jsut below everyones expectations. And give him a chance to come back form injuries. I would say unless Ottens wanted to go back here to SA, he would be untouchable. Too young,. classy and talented. I disagree his season last year was bad too.
Remember ruckman take a while to develop and he wil lbe a future superstar.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Geez give the guy a chance. Not long ago everyone was posting that Otto wouldn't even play this season.

He had a very restricted pre season due to his groin injury, then serious back surgery.

The fact he is playing at all this year is a bonus.

Last year Otto mightn't have lived up to some people's expectations, but were they realistic anyway?

He had to carry our tall department almost single handedly last year, which is a big responsibility on a developing player. He was far from our worst player anyway.

People comment that his finals series in 2001 was pretty ordinary. Yeah it was, as was almost every other player on our lists.

Our guys have had very little experience of finals pressure and what to expect and most were pretty ordinary. Can hardly blame Otto for that.

Go Otto, a big pre season and show them what you're made of next year......playing for Richmond of course. :)

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Otto should be untouchable unless he wants to go very badly for personal reason and if that was the case it would be no point keeping him anyway,

BUT he still has heaps of development left and will be a top class player for years to come for the Tigers

jackstar

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 5, 2003
One thing we must all remember, we all want to see Richmond in the finals and to get there hard decsions have to be made.Unfortunately Ottens is very highly paid and should be able to WIN games off his own boot. Young stars in this modern day football do it week in week out examples being. Judd, Voss, Tarrant. Can you remember when Ottens last kicked a bag of goals or had an influence on the game that you could call a match winner, i think not ? Just remember he is getting over $500,000 a year although not his fault, thats what he has asked for and should perform accordingly. Last year was a poor year for a player on that much money, dont you think ?? ;)

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
jackstar said:
One thing we must all remember, we all want to see Richmond in the finals and to get there hard decsions have to be made.Unfortunately Ottens is very highly paid and should be able to WIN games off his own boot. Young stars in this modern day football do it week in week out examples being. Judd, Voss, Tarrant. Can you remember when Ottens last kicked a bag of goals or had an influence on the game that you could call a match winner, i think not.

And have Judd, Voss and Tarrant been shifted around and been played out of position for almost a whole season trying to cover for injured players. Have Judd, Voss and Tarrant come back from back injuries that was expected to keep them out for the entire year? No they haven't so you can't use them as examples.

He's played what 4 games this season whitout any games at Coburg and you expect him to win games off his own boot??

jackstar said:
Just remember he is getting over $500,000 a year although not his fault, thats what he has asked for and should perform accordingly. Last year was a poor year for a player on that much money, dont you think ?? ;)

Maybe if he hadn't been trying to play in 4 different positions all the time he would have played better last season. And he can't help his back injury can he? There's a fair few players on our list that I would trade and Otto is definately not one of them.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
TigersGoddess said:
Maybe if he hadn't been trying to play in 4 different positions all the time he would have played better last season. And he can't help his back injury can he? There's a fair few players on our list that I would trade and Otto is definately not one of them.

As the president of the Otto fan Club I justed wanted to say TG - that was a most rational and logical post - a tremendous effort ;)

You go girl :)