Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

geoffryprettyboy

Tiger Legend
Apr 8, 2004
The actions of the 'person' that wanted to lead the country, once upon a time, where defintely unorthodox, and the way the mainstream television news station have reported this story is really making the Liberals *smile* their pants.  I do not support such actions, especially in front of his children, not much of a role model I'd say!

However, listening to the other news services not controlled by propoganda, it was stated by an employee of the Hungry Jacks Restuarant that the journalist was hanging around for about 90 minutes continuosly taking happy snaps of his personal 'time out'.  You might say he was in a public place and the journalist was entitled, but really not even Johnny would of endured such an invasion of privacy, but Johnny would of made a call to ASIO and would of got rid of the 'vermon' trying to do his job to supply food on the table for his family.

People could see right through Latham, and that hand shake debacle.....................that was very thugish, that's why he was gaaaaaaaaaaaawn!

Ready

The future is unwritten
Aug 21, 2004
Richmond Vic 3121
Unless we have a double dissolution, the earliest date would be 4 August 2007. (First Saturday after 1 July allowing for a minimum campaign period.)

The latest date is 19 January 2008 (earlier because we went a month early last time round), but there is no way an election would be held with a campaign going over Christmas. Realistically the last date is Saturday 22 December 2007, or more likely 15 December.

So anywhere from 4 August to 22 December next year, and you can take out 29 September (AFL Grand Final) from that.

http://www.aec.gov.au/_content/When/elections/faq_elections.htm

Of course it all depends on if/when Howard hands over to Costello first.

nitrotiger

" lets play like the tigers of old ! "
Sep 9, 2005
Noble Park North Melbourne
conservatives will always win...ya know why?

Too many people in the Labour movement waving their Doctocates,Diplomas,Thesis,Doctorate of Diplomas....and Doctorate of Diplomas with their Masters degrees...in farenheight and Celsius.....factoring in the Richter scale....quote a bit of Freud and Einstein...........and bloody framed M.S.B.G.C.H.....AND thesis...and endorsement obtained through sleepin with their mentors...........who think they know something......

In the real world............They got no idea ...............

I can stuff up this country for 10 bucks cause I need a beer....There are those who STUFF up the country being paid a wage of 250_300 k a year.........bloody money badly spent dont cha reckon?
My point?.....KNOWLEDGE IS A VERY DANGEROUS THING WHEN CRETINS THINK................. :-X

Anduril

You bow to no one!
Jul 29, 2004
Melbourne
?????????????????????????

So what about all the uni educated, lawyers, doctors and sundry other Costellos Abbotts and Nelsons? Are they cretins too?

Am totally OVER people being slagged in this country because they happen to have been lucky enough to be tertiary educated and have a differing view to the prevailing conservative one. :police:

With little or no money being spent on R and D plus a ballooning foreign debt we'll be behind the 8 ball big time soon. Gold medals and World Championships will get us nowhere.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
nitrotiger said:
In the real world............They got no idea ...............

Irrespective of their degrees they are a rabble. Labor are the Libs best friends, always helping them out.

Maybe it's time for our first female PM. I reckon Julia would get more votes than anyone else.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Anduril said:
With little or no money being spent on R and D plus a ballooning foreign debt we'll be behind the 8 ball big time soon. Gold medals and World Championships will get us nowhere.

Unfortunately the opposition never put up a good enough challenge and I can't see it happening next time either unless there are big changes.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
I must say I rather like the look of Rudd. I greatly admire Gillard as well but I think that electorally she would face too many distractions. To be blunt is there any chance she could get herself hitched in the near future.
I don't believe either Howard or Beasley will lead their parties at the next election and thats me being optimistic.

an_oxford_man

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
It is time to get someone with some balls running the LAbor party. It is common knowledge that Gillard has the biggest balls. Let her lead.

Hayfever

Tiger Champion
Apr 12, 2005
momentai said:
I must say I rather like the look of Rudd. I greatly admire Gillard as well but I think that electorally she would face too many distractions. To be blunt is there any chance she could get herself hitched in the near future.I don't believe either Howard or Beasley will lead their parties at the next election and thats me being optimistic.
Why not propose to her M?  ;)

Anduril

You bow to no one!
Jul 29, 2004
Melbourne
The electorate don't like Rudd, he's too smart and articulate.
Julia will never make it for the same reason, plus she's a woman.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
So why not these two. Like the way Gillard in particular has spoken out recently .. Rudd Gillard would be a good team.

an_oxford_man

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
Australians need a viable alternative to the bunglers and warmongers who are currently running this country. The Labor party has been incapable of holding that bunch of immoral bigots accountable for 10 years. They are a gaggle of talentless duds who should disband and stop embarrasing themselves and those who voted for them at the last election.

I hate them. :mad:

an_oxford_man

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
tiger

Why does D - U - D get filtered to tiger or in the case of D - U - D - S, tigers.

That Mod Squad character has infiltrated the website and run amok!

Liverpool

How did that Julia and Kevin thing work out? :)
Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
Interesting reading everyones comments on the next Labour leader.
Rudd? Gillard? who cares... ::)...the only way the Libs could lose it would be to do something stupid, or get too cocky (a la Kennett) and get a backlash from the public.
But even then, I don't think the people would be that desperate to let Labour run the country. ;)

Labour have been a party that has traditionally been poor at keeping a state/country financially viable.
If it wasn't for Kennett, then Bracksy wouldn't have the money he has had to play with....and little Johnny, even though he and the Coaltion have been bagged by certain individuals on this thread...you have to admit, he and the party have put Australia in a strong position economically.
And now 10 years in office, shows that the majority of people must think they are doing a good job.
Roll on next election! :clap

an_oxford_man

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
Liverpool said:
Interesting reading everyones comments on the next Labour leader.
Rudd? Gillard? who cares... ::)...the only way the Libs could lose it would be to do something stupid,

They've done plenty of "stupid" *smile* during their 10 years and the Labor party still don't look they could possibly win the next election.