Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Thought I would try again:

10138644777.png

FFS it gets worse :vomit

DS

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Back to politics. I thought I read somewhere yesterday that a minister was found to have acted criminally by the courts.

Surprised its not the lead story in everywhere media outlet across the country. WTF is going on in Australia when a finding like that isn't seen as the biggest news of the year.

Or was the AA team that bad?

Reactions: 1 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Back to politics. I thought I read somewhere yesterday that a minister was found to have acted criminally by the courts.

Surprised its not the lead story in everywhere media outlet across the country. WTF is going on in Australia when a finding like that isn't seen as the biggest news of the year.

Or was the AA team that bad?

That particular $#1*box just happens to be my local member. Alan Tudge is his name, he carries on the tradition of LNP scum bags.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
No, Alan Tudge and the asylum seekers detention

There's your problem, Baloo. Most Australians don't give a *smile* about asylum seekers. They're "illegal boat people"; "queue jumpers". If they didn't want to endure cruel and inhumane treatment at the hands of our government, they shouldn't have tried to save their own lives from terrorist regimes.

We all know Australians would patiently wait their turn if roles were reversed.

Reactions: 1 user

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Nice summary of a poor week in politics:

How can we make our ministers and senior public service fat cats more accountable?

And I wonder what it now takes for a minister in any government to get sacked? The only thing that care about is opinion polls for mine. And while we have very weak opposition leaders Albo and Michael O’Brien I can’t see much changing.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
How can we make our ministers and senior public service fat cats more accountable?

Bring back the old media ownership laws. With the concentration of media in the hands of the very few, the media controls what is a scandal and what's swept under the carpet.

Reactions: 3 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

The only way to get political parties/politicians to listen, is to vote independent.
If Liberal and Labour were the minority parties in parliament, they'd soon get the picture. They would soon start listening to the electorate instead of the scum bag lobbyists, many of whom are ex politicians

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
The only way to get political parties/politicians to listen, is to vote independent.
If Liberal and Labour were the minority parties in parliament, they'd soon get the picture. They would soon start listening to the electorate instead of the scum bag lobbyists, many of whom are ex politicians
You need to be careful voting independent tho. Some are happy to sell out on an issue, to get a deal for their own niche concern.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
You need to be careful voting independent tho. Some are happy to sell out on an issue, to get a deal for their own niche concern.

Yes a perfect example is that dog grooming was allowed after the Animal Justice party voted with ALP state government the other week. While gardening wasn’t allowed.