Tasmania | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tasmania

Really Tim ?, tell me what other city in Australia has something like this

or sells this

Excellent. The MAPPAS, when they finally hit the AFL in 2028, should use the 60 vaginas as a recruiting tool.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not so into the romance, I just see it as just another franchise team in the comp making it harder for Richmond to win Premierships. Every resource like those before them will be funelled their way to make them a success whilst other teams pay for it.

Reactions: 4 users
I've said this before but the biggest advocates for a team in Tassie couldn't get out of the joint quick enough.

Reactions: 5 users
Tasmania has the population of three Melbourne councils. Casey plus Monash plus Yarra. Could those three areas sustain an AFL club?
Not Yarra, they can’t even organise bin collections. l :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
The AFL continues to dilute product and yet increase price. Every club loses one senior player to form this franchise.

195g of chips in a packet that recently held 200g at the same price.

But participation rates are up by that? I CBF demonstrating that they're not. But I believe they're not.

But I am in favour of the Tassie team in the main.

And I totally except PT's thesis -

If the game can die in Tasmania, it can die anywhere.

What is the AFL looking to achieve? A lot. But mainly a third WA team. What's that? An odd number of teams? We'll have to balance that up.

How about third WA team?

Looks like the primary objective here. Thanks for helping out there, Taswegia! 200g of chips will be 188g. Two teams coming in.

Reactions: 1 users
The AFL continues to dilute product and yet increase price. Every club loses one senior player to form this franchise.

But participation rates are up by that? I CBF demonstrating that they're not. But I believe they're not.

What is the AFL looking to achieve? A lot. But mainly a third WA team. What's that? An odd number of teams? We'll have to balance that up.

How about third WA team?

Looks like the primary objective here. Thanks for helping out there, Taswegia! 200g of chips will be 188g. Two teams coming in.
It's all good Dyer'ere.
Old mate Salty down Geelong way already has a solution to the problem. There's simply way too many chips in the packet so while reducing the quantity in the packet by getting rid of the little crumbs n scungy bits at the bottom of the packet you get an upgrade in the % of premium quality chips to enjoy.

It's all good Dyer'ere.
Old mate Salty down Geelong way already has a solution to the problem. There's simply way too many chips in the packet so while reducing the quantity in the packet by getting rid of the little crumbs n scungy bits at the bottom of the packet you get an upgrade in the % of premium quality chips to enjoy.
Will we be forced to stand to eat the new premium chips?

How about third WA team?

The story I have heard is a 3rd SA team Jack. The rumour is that Norwood are advanced in thinking about a bid.

As an aside has there been anything said about how the fixture might work in a 19 team competition? Obviously every team will have to have a bye for 19 rounds but somehow a second bye has to be factored in for a 23 round season. How would that fit with a mid season break that is part of the players EBA as well as the break before finals. Will the season be longer?

Id rather live in hobart on a rookie wage than western sydney on $1m a year.

And like someone said, they missed an opportunity building GC stadium out the carrara waste land instead of on the southport spit with a sandy boulevard and a stroll to restaurants and bars.

But GC's acute retention problem isnt geographic, its cultural

The hobart location looks fantastic and i expect theylle be decades ahead of gws and GC culturally

Just been up there recently. As an alternative to the Spit, I reckon somewhere on the Southport side of the Broadwater would have been perfect. Perhaps the waterfront in the Broadwater parklands, right by the Southport CBD and light rail. The GC council and QLD state govt there have envisaged for quite some time rejuvenating central Southport as a CBD and cultural hub for the entire GC region. Southport is ok in parts, but a rundown, tacky shithole in others. The Suns Stadium would have been a good rejuvenation project to bring to the area.

Regarding your comment on western Sydney. I lived and worked in Sydney for four years. But got offered a job back in Hobart. I can still remember the baffled tone of some of my fellow workers, when they heard I was moving back.

“But what will you do?”
“What do you mean, what will I do?”
“Of a weekend and stuff, how will you find anything to do?” (Presumably, because there’s not “a whole lot going on down there”).

I find it a bizarrely ignorant and shallow mindset. A lot of these people lived in the shithole of endless western Sydney suburbia (like 70% of the population does). They probably have in their mind that it’s a wonderful place to live because they have the harbour and world class beaches, nightlife etc. but the reality is, they spend most of their lives in their local area probably venturing to those “world class assets” Sydney has, no more often than a tourist does.

Whereas here in Hobart, I have a 10min commute to work, have the choice of waterfront, bush, beach trails surrounding me for exercise. Have water views from my house. The beach for surfing may be cooler, but is fine with a wetsuit on and takes me 30mins door to finding a car park (finding a car park at the beach isn’t exactly hard, unlike Sydney where you spend 30mins circling every block to not get anywhere close), I get out on the Derwent regularly boating, kayaking, stand up paddle boarding, rowing, sailing etc.

Plenty of choice of cafes bars, eateries in the likes of Salamanca and North Hobart. I’m really not struggling to find “something to do.” In fact, there’s not enough hours in the day to take advantage of everything that is on offer.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
The story I have heard is a 3rd SA team Jack. The rumour is that Norwood are advanced in thinking about a bid.

As an aside has there been anything said about how the fixture might work in a 19 team competition? Obviously every team will have to have a bye for 19 rounds but somehow a second bye has to be factored in for a 23 round season. How would that fit with a mid season break that is part of the players EBA as well as the break before finals. Will the season be longer?
Not unprecedented. Norwood has certainly been there before.

If I remember correctly, before the Crows were established, obviously the most high profile bid that came within a whisker of joining the AFL was Port (that obviously went on the back burner for a few years when the Crows were formed). But during that immediate pre-Crows period, Norwood also got quite advanced in a bid and possibly Sturt too I believe (I think Norwood and Sturt also dabbled in a joint venture bid).