Team changes v port | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team changes v port

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Out - Grimes

IN - Stack Time to hand him his future and roll the dice. He likes the big stage. Put him on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
He looked to be regaining confidence. He was sweeping with confidence and flair through the second quarter.

Still seems raw to me. Not sure he's required.

Miller, Rioli, Vlossy, Short, Baker, Balta, Grimes, Tarrant, Broad.

We've been going into games with 9 defenders. One less wont hurt us. And didn't.
Short may play in our backline at times, but he is not a defender. Grimes wont play, and hopefully either Miller or Balta play forward/ruck. that leaves 6.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Out - Grimes

IN - Stack every game from here is a big game. Time to hand him his future and roll the dice. He likes the big stage. Put him on it.
Must play best 22 every week
No more passengers I want us to play finals
The sub must be someone who can come on and influence a game

Reactions: 1 user

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Short may play in our backline at times, but he is not a defender. Grimes wont play, and hopefully either Miller or Balta play forward/ruck. that leaves 6.
Hardwick has been sneaking more and more defenders into the side as makeshift midfielders and forwards.

The balance has been wrong.

Cumberland and Rioli as true forwards with forward's instincts has been so wonderful.

Seeing Ross mid and Baker back to mop up finally corrected so many inadequacies.

Not to mention Sonsie in the midfield instead of Aarts.

My issue has not been in playing too many defenders positionally (although we have played the extra back a little too often), but in terms of personnel.

Grimes out for Rioli actually corrected it a little.

Reactions: 6 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
In Brown, Rioli MJr and Stack
Out Grimes, Edwards and Ross

B Broad Tarrant Miller
HB McIntosh Vlastuin Rioli D,
C Brown Short Pickett
HF Graham Bolton Sonsie
F Cumberland Lynch Riewoldt
R Nankervis Cotchin Prestia
I/c Baker Balta Rioli MJr and Stack.
Sub from Collier-Dawkins Edwards and Gibcus.

richards42

making the crowd roar
Sep 15, 2005
Gold Coast
In Brown, Rioli MJr and Stack
Out Grimes, Edwards and Ross

B Broad Tarrant Miller
HB McIntosh Vlastuin Rioli D,
C Brown Short Pickett
HF Graham Bolton Sonsie
F Cumberland Lynch Riewoldt
R Nankervis Cotchin Prestia
I/c Baker Balta Rioli MJr and Stack.
Sub from Collier-Dawkins Edwards and Gibcus.
I think Hardwick showed his hand yesterday. It worked better with Balta back and Miller in the ruck. Balta will need to play on Dixon. He plays his best footy there.

Reactions: 3 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
I think if we come out with a crap half we lose this by heaps. Need 4Q of RFC Triple Premiership footy.

Reactions: 1 users

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
only saw the first half of the VFL and watching on a phone

the Lions VFL side was very good and the game was a way higher standard than some recent games

pretty sure it was Wylie Buzza (former Geelong) in the forwards for them

the Lions were able to transition the ball quick and Buzza a natural target
while Buzza wasn't clunking them he was bringing the ball to his feet

in time we'd like to see Gibcus spoil with authority , for Sunday's game 1st half I'd give him a pass mark

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
Out - Grimes

IN - Stack Time to hand him his future and roll the dice. He likes the big stage. Put him on it.
Yep - Stack and MRK in with Edwards to sub would be the best ballance IMO.

Some work into Finlason (mobile versatile "ruck") and Powell- Pepper who ran everywhere v Collingwood a must.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Out - Grimes

I like this. I wouldn't make any other changes outside this; momentum. Get MRJ in the side and put Short or Shedda as sub.

We don't need another key back to replace Grimes. We have plenty of cover there with Tarrant, Balta and Miller. Broad and Vlas can play tall if needed.

We need pace in the side. We looked too slow early yesterday. Need to run Port off their feet. This will be far from an easy game on their home deck.

Reactions: 4 users