Team changes v port | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team changes v port

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
The balance was actually right in the second half. I don’t think we need to bring in another defender with Balta going back.

Additionally, watching the replay - McIntosh went back in the last and shedda onto a wing. McIntosh actually won some critical contests back there. I think stack may be the one they bring in to allow shedda and short to play through the wing.

Miller. Tarrant. Baker.
Rioli. Balta. Vlastuin.
Kmac. Prestia. Pickett.
Graham. Lynch. Sonsie.
Stack Reiwoldt Cumberland
R. Nankervis, Cotchin, Bolton

In: Edwards, Short, Broad, Ross

S. Rioli Jr

Maybe Banks is given a crack at the wing role?

Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Gibcus has been out of form and don't think we need him Ghost. We have plenty of height to cover Grimes in the backline; Miller, Tarrant and Balta to start. Broad and Vlastuin can play tall if needed. That's enough. We need more run and pace. We looked so much better when Grimes was forced from the field and MRJ came on.
Who backs up Nank if Miller and Balta both play back?

Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Who backs up Nank if Miller and Balta both play back?
Big Shorts Baker; he can do anything!!

Well; who backed up Nank when Grimes was off in the second half? I think it was a combination of Miller and Balta. Why not run with that again?

We were too tall and slow before half time. We need pace and run for the rest of the season.

Reactions: 4 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Big Shorts Baker; he can do anything!!

Well; who backed up Nank when Grimes was off in the second half? I think it was a combination of Miller and Balta. Why not run with that again?

We were too tall and slow before half time. We need pace and run for the rest of the season.
Miller was ruck back up- he and Balta swapped at half time. He can do it again, but then he wont play back.
We could go with Tarrant, Balta, Broad, Vlastuin, Baker, Rioli and another runner. It wont be Stack, so it would be Short (NOOOOOO!) Hugo, Mansell, Martyn (not Dusty) or Brown. Or leave KMac there?
Or we bring back Biggie, or Gibcus, or leave Miller and Balta back and bring in Ryan or Soldo (NOOOOOOO!)

I agree we should go for more run.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Nobody should be thinking this is a guaranteed win.
Like us, Poort's form over the past month has been far better than the win loss ratio suggests. Their results have been good against top 4 teams.
Couple that with being back on their own deck, this presents another big challenge in spite of some fantastic wins against them there in recent years.
I was happy that they lost this week because it snuffed out there finals chances so hoefully they take the opportunity to experiment a little but it still won't be easy.

In:
Rioli Jnr

Out:
Grimes

Reactions: 4 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Miller was ruck back up- he and Balta swapped at half time. He can do it again, but then he wont play back.
We could go with Tarrant, Balta, Broad, Vlastuin, Baker, Rioli and another runner. It wont be Stack, so it would be Short (NOOOOOO!) Hugo, Mansell, Martyn (not Dusty) or Brown. Or leave KMac there?
Or we bring back Biggie, or Gibcus, or leave Miller and Balta back and bring in Ryan or Soldo (NOOOOOOO!)

I agree we should go for more run.
So when Miller was back up ruck; where was he playing when he wasn't rucking? He was in the backline wasn't he? I don't think he sat on the bench when he wasn't rucking did he? And when Balta was back up ruck where did he play when not rucking? Backline? Or was that when he was forward?

These are questions not statements by the way. My head hurts.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Like us, Poort's form over the past month has been far better than the win loss ratio suggests. Their results have been good against top 4 teams.
Couple that with being back on their own deck, this presents another big challenge in spite of some fantastic wins against them there in recent years.
I was happy that they lost this week because it snuffed out there finals chances so hoefully they take the opportunity to experiment a little but it still won't be easy.

In:
Rioli Jnr

Out:
Grimes
I think the only thing you can guarantee about Richmond this year is that; you can't guarantee anything!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Mantikorr

Tiger Superstar
Apr 26, 2006
So when Miller was back up ruck; where was he playing when he wasn't rucking? He was in the backline wasn't he? I don't think he sat on the bench when he wasn't rucking did he? And when Balta was back up ruck where did he play when not rucking? Backline? Or was that when he was forward?

Miller did line up forward a couple of times in the second half but never saw any action down there

Mantikorr

Tiger Superstar
Apr 26, 2006
Is it risky to play another debutant? How close is Brown to getting a game? Gibcus hasn't been in great form for the last month so probably not a walk up to replace Grimes

In Rioli, Brown
Out Grimes, Ross

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008

In the 4th Miller rucked or sat on the bench- he only played about 5 mins. In the 3rd he spent time up forward. he didnt line up down back at all in the 2nd half. Likewise Balta wasnt down back at all in the 1st half.

TheUmpire

Tiger Rookie
Sep 30, 2003
Is it risky to play another debutant? How close is Brown to getting a game? Gibcus hasn't been in great form for the last month so probably not a walk up to replace Grimes

In Rioli, Brown
Out Grimes, Ross
Gee Brown looked good on Saturday.

Not sure where he is with his fitness but his disposal was elite.

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
The balance was actually right in the second half. I don’t think we need to bring in another defender with Balta going back.

Additionally, watching the replay - McIntosh went back in the last and shedda onto a wing. McIntosh actually won some critical contests back there. I think stack may be the one they bring in to allow shedda and short to play through the wing.

Miller. Tarrant. Baker.
Rioli. Balta. Vlastuin.
Kmac. Prestia. Pickett.
Graham. Lynch. Sonsie.
Stack Reiwoldt Cumberland
R. Nankervis, Cotchin, Bolton

In: Edwards, Short, Broad, Ross

S. Rioli Jr
That's the team I'd go with........but I ain't the MC!

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Port at home
Played 10
Won 6 - lost 4

Beaten GWS ESS Suns swans bulldogs WCE

(Swans don’t like to travel just like our boys)
(Chances are good we’ll have to travel for a semi if we get that far… so may as well learn v port)

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Agree with you Wildstyle, Ross offered nothing. 13 possessions was awful. Even Sonsie a 3rd game player had 20. To me he offers nothing. Rather Stack.
Just back,was playing well before injury

Reactions: 2 users

TheCan

Tiger Superstar
Jul 17, 2011
If M. Rioli doesn't start, I will fly to Adelaide and storm the coaches box.
Look i know wher u coming from but he runs out of puff sub is best position atm I cant wait for his tank to develop...could be the best that family produced

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
Not saying this is what I want but I reckon:

Out - Grimes

In - Hugo

Hugo can play multiple positions and provides line breaking speed, Dimma loves flexibility.

MRJ to remain sub

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012

In:
Rioli Jnr

Out:
Grimes
they'll want to do us, ToO, no doubt.

this is a club with a grudge against Richmond that no one at Tigerland has actually managed to work out at this point in time.

it just is.