Team changes v port | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team changes v port

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Don’t expect Short to go. Like your ins but would love to see the highly talented Brown as well.
There's no where we can hide Short. Can't get it in the midfield and was exposed defensively yesterday in the backline. Has been poor for a while now.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Shorty needs to go back to the things that gave him a b and f.
Perhaps the Hardwick baggers cna tell us where Short should be played? the forward line where he was recruited from, the back line where he won a B&F (and stunk it up yesterday), the midfield where he played well when first moved there, or the VFL?

I doubt he will be dropped, but he shouldn't start back again this year. we are going to have to persist with him as a high half forward i think, and hope he can use the ball well.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Shorty just needs to take more care with his disposal, just banging it down the line without looking isn’t working for him.

Reactions: 1 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
You can't have two quarterback style half back flankers. Shorty is lost because Daniel is playing the Houli role.

Reactions: 1 user

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
There's no where we can hide Short. Can't get it in the midfield and was exposed defensively yesterday in the backline. Has been poor for a while now.
Yep, all opponents have to do in the backline is put someone on him who can catch the footy overhead. He can't defend this. Jake King had similar issues. Short has to go forward, working up to the wings and back, using his kicking weapon. Occasional stints in the guts, he's too easily exposed as a full time mid.

Reactions: 1 users

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
Hard to sustain that level a few weeks back but Pickett has had less of an impact over the last few weeks. The marks that were sticking and now coming to ground, a little fumbly too. Perhaps a little over critical but for me Pickett has been average the last few games.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Hard to sustain that level a few weeks back but Pickett has had less of an impact over the last few weeks. The marks that were sticking and now coming to ground, a little fumbly too. Perhaps a little over critical but for me Pickett has been average the last few games.
I thought. He started badly, but worked his way into the game later.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Out: Grimes
In: Gibcus
Gibcus has been out of form and don't think we need him Ghost. We have plenty of height to cover Grimes in the backline; Miller, Tarrant and Balta to start. Broad and Vlastuin can play tall if needed. That's enough. We need more run and pace. We looked so much better when Grimes was forced from the field and MRJ came on.

Reactions: 2 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Gibcus has been out of form and don't think we need him Ghost. We have plenty of height to cover Grimes in the backline; Miller, Tarrant and Balta to start. Broad and Vlastuin can play tall if needed. That's enough. We need more run and pace. We looked so much better when Grimes was forced from the field and MRJ came on.
Agree. Balta was massive when he went back.

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
The balance was actually right in the second half. I don’t think we need to bring in another defender with Balta going back.

Additionally, watching the replay - McIntosh went back in the last and shedda onto a wing. McIntosh actually won some critical contests back there. I think stack may be the one they bring in to allow shedda and short to play through the wing.

Miller. Tarrant. Baker.
Rioli. Balta. Vlastuin.
Kmac. Prestia. Pickett.
Graham. Lynch. Sonsie.
Stack Reiwoldt Cumberland
R. Nankervis, Cotchin, Bolton

In: Edwards, Short, Broad, Ross

S. Rioli Jr

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Watching the replay - McIntosh went back in the last and shedda onto a wing. McIntosh actually won some critical contests back there. I think stack may be the one they bring in to allow shedda and short to play through the wing.
Edwards to play on the wing?
Only had one reasonable game and that was yesterday can’t rely on him to run up and down the wing

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Edwards to play on the wing?
Only had one reasonable game and that was yesterday can’t rely on him to run up and down the wing
Maybe that was a result of playing on the wing?! Anyway I agree with that…my point was more that I think bringing in stack gives us flexibility to move the magnets around more than say Gibcus or a Mansell.