Team to play St Kilda | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team to play St Kilda

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
interesting - thanks

At the moment its almost a cut and paste of the bottom of the ladder

Longmuire said last week that the swans were younger than the Tigs so I wonder how this analysis is for all the 18 teams.

They are younger for sure but thats only part of it. That younger team has around 20 games more experience than ours, and as we know things run deeper, so its interesting to see the make up of different teams.

Sydney for example, has a profile of a team certainly on the rise, we see that in the way they play, the young players taking over from the oldies etc. They have 1 of the highest amounts of players in the 50-100 game level (9 this week), we only have 3 for example. We know our older brigade have been around for a long time, hence the age profile and our average games looking ok but this is weighted to the top group, our bottom core is low on for experience. I don't see these stats (I could work them out) but median age / games of a team would also be very interesting to see and I suspect on a median basis we would be towards the lower end of the ladder regardless of age, just because we have that uber experience in our older players and the lack of experience in our young group, but this is what the next few years are about, and getting more and more experience into our young group.

Footywire holds all these stats each round when you can review the teams.

Reactions: 2 users

Beans18

Tiger Cub
May 6, 2023
I completely agree with this. Dusty is not good as a permanent forward. He is dangerous when he sneaks down there or as a half forward