Team to play St Kilda | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team to play St Kilda

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
The Koschitzke selection is a mistake.
Can’t run, can’t mark and can’t kick.
But good luck to him.
To avoid a complete catastrophe McAuliffe to play. Conrats.
Tigers by 6pts.

Reactions: 1 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Dusty ain’t comfortable as a perma deep forward

Saints will be ready for it

Let Dusty roam as usual, Kosi is a spud but probably a smart structural selection.

Our little forwards are in good form and need crumbs

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
Dusty is great one on one so I think he starts in the goal square after a ball up in the middle. If it comes to him fast he is still good enough one on one to win the contest. Otherwise I like the idea of him doing what he wants, has worked well I the past.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
The Koschitzke selection is a mistake.
Can’t run, can’t mark and can’t kick.
But good luck to him.
To avoid a complete catastrophe McAuliffe to play. Conrats.
Tigers by 6pts.
Are you Joe the cameraman?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Dusty ain’t comfortable as a perma deep forward

Saints will be ready for it

Let Dusty roam as usual, Kosi is a spud but probably a smart structural selection.

Our little forwards are in good form and need crumbs
All Kosi has to do is provide a contest get the ball to the ground let the smalls do their thing

Reactions: 4 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Ross the Boss hanging *smile* on us for using Norwood size ground dimensions in training

Is he nervous?

Reactions: 2 users

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Short Young broad
Rioli Miller Vlastuin
Mcintosh Taranto Pickett
bolton koschitzke Dusty
Campbell Lefau moz
Nankervis Ross Dow
I/c: mcauliffe graham brown mansell sonsie

Emerg: naissmith ralphsmith banks

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Seems a lot of talk playing Dusty forward, even key forward.

He's never ever worked when starting in any forward role. Rarely takes an overhead pack mark.

The great man is always best playing midfield then working forward. Let's not change that despite our key forward shortage.
They line up a taller heavier duffender.
hard to overhead mark when the bad guy is used to manning up on Riewoldt etc
Might be Cordy on Sunday. poss Wilkie
Battle to Mykelti.
Wilkie to zone off 3rd up.

imo we get most value with Duz delivering into our 50. Let him waddle the 50m zone

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Given the opposition and the dimensions of the ground, I suspect it's going to be a game with lots of congestion and stoppages, with contested ball being crucial.

Reckon sub will come from McAuliffe, Sonsi and Graham with McAuliffe and Graham better suited to cracking into stoppages.

Whilst he's improving, I'm still not convinced Sonsi is strong enough in the contest, and with his defensive pressure, but he has enough skill to be injected into the game after the heat has gone out of it and do damage.

So Dusty to replace Lynch at FF... and Kozi to replace Balta as Fwd, Ruck relief and down the line target. McAuliffe and Graham to replace Bakes and Sonsi.... and Sonsi to replace Banks as sub.

All in all the ins pretty similar to the outs for net legspeed... but not height... if we bomb the ball we'll be in trouble. If Lefau and Kozi can halve their aerial contests and get the ball to ground we'll be in the game.

Like your summation @Rod, I spoke to a player at training yesterday about Norwood's narrow ground and he said: "it should suit us, Crash and Bash".

For me it is a no brainer that Graham starts the game.

Sonz the most likely sub followed by Kosi, if you look at the team as named, (which doesn't really mean much), Miller is starting on the bench so he could still potentially interchange back and relief ruck.

If both Lefau and Kozi start, then Kozi likely to relieve Nank.

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Ross the Boss hanging *smile* on us for using Norwood size ground dimensions in training

Is he nervous?

Yeah but rather than just marking out the Norwood oval width at PRO they should have built that Norwood Oval Brick Wall as the players kept running outside it.

• Haha
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Pressure again is absolutely going to be the key to beat the Saints. They can turn it over with the best of them when put under the pump.
On that narrow ground we should be able to apply the heat.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
We have an interesting team dynamic, very much trying to use our older heads to guide our young kids.

This round there are 6 teams with 10 or more players with under 50 games experience. Average games and average age give an interesting guide, along with players with over 150 games.

Adelaide - 10 - Av age 25.4, Av games 83.9, Over 150 games - 3 players
North - 11 - Av age 24.0, Av games 71.3, Over 150 games - 1 player
West Coast - 10 - Av age 24.11, Av games 84.8, Over 150 games - 5 players
Gold Coast - 10 - Av age 24.0, Av games 73.6, Over 150 games - 3 players
Richmond - 10 - Av age 25.8, Av games 86.7, Over 150 games - 5 players
Hawthorn - 12 - Av age 24.0, Av games 65.9, Over 150 games - 3 players

I like how our list builds are different to the Norths / Hawthorns that I really don't see the improvement after so many years down the bottom.

If we can find players this year in our up and coming group, get 10-20 games into each of them and then draft / trade well this year, then who knows how quickly we can supercharge our list build whilst we have our guns in that 26-30 range still involved at the club and playing well.

Reactions: 5 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
We have an interesting team dynamic, very much trying to use our older heads to guide our young kids.

This round there are 6 teams with 10 or more players with under 50 games experience. Average games and average age give an interesting guide, along with players with over 150 games.

Adelaide - 10 - Av age 25.4, Av games 83.9, Over 150 games - 3 players
North - 11 - Av age 24.0, Av games 71.3, Over 150 games - 1 player
West Coast - 10 - Av age 24.11, Av games 84.8, Over 150 games - 5 players
Gold Coast - 10 - Av age 24.0, Av games 73.6, Over 150 games - 3 players
Richmond - 10 - Av age 25.8, Av games 86.7, Over 150 games - 5 players
Hawthorn - 12 - Av age 24.0, Av games 65.9, Over 150 games - 3 players

I like how our list builds are different to the Norths / Hawthorns that I really don't see the improvement after so many years down the bottom.

If we can find players this year in our up and coming group, get 10-20 games into each of them and then draft / trade well this year, then who knows how quickly we can supercharge our list build whilst we have our guns in that 26-30 range still involved at the club and playing well.

interesting - thanks

At the moment its almost a cut and paste of the bottom of the ladder

Longmuire said last week that the swans were younger than the Tigs so I wonder how this analysis is for all the 18 teams.