Team v Essendon | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team v Essendon

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Some room for a Stack entry arising from Dimma’s comments about his unavailability for the Hawth game, in his post match comments.

In Stsck
Out Graham injured, Castagna.

B Gibcus Tarrant Balta
HB Rioli D, Vlastuin Baker
C McIntosh Cotchin Pickett
HF Stack Edwards Rioli M Jr,
F Cumberland Lynch Riewoldt
R Nankervis Prestia Bolton
I/C Broad Miller Sonsie and Short.
Sub Ross.
Add Grimes and Dusty and we are getting pretty close.

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Ross hard done by. But George is a good player as a sub. Comes on late his pace and unpredictability he can make a positive impact. Though if we're front and want to defend a lead, Ross is a surer bet.

Dunno. Our chaos game has won us 3 Premierships.

Reactions: 1 user

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
Does RCD get a look in?, a player who has not even made the emergency list (that I can recall in 2022). Ryan or Soldo and give Nank a really good rest? Stack and rest Edwards (who I thought did a hamstring, only to come back on)

Ross for Jack Graham?

Anyone else with a niggle, and there would be many come Round 23, also consider the benefits of a two week break.

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
Do we care about this game - in the sense that we don’t care who we play in the first week of the finals? I care about the first issue - winning form is good form. But I couldn’t care less about our finals opponents. Everyone should fear the TIGES in winning form. And I doubt that anyone above us worry us in the type of form we’re generating. The week’s bye worries me more than any opponent.
Anyway - I wouldn’t rest anyone this week - that’s what the bye is for. Martin for Graham anyone?

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
After coming on and snagging a couple I don’t think George will get dropped, as someone else said, being the sub suits his burst style of play.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I was wondering that, he came back on and played out the game. I'll be surprised if Graham misses, its only an ankle.
I saw a match report that had Shed listed as hamstring injury and Graham ankle injury. Nothing on Shed on Richmond site; had Graham as foot injury.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Do we care about this game - in the sense that we don’t care who we play in the first week of the finals? I care about the first issue - winning form is good form. But I couldn’t care less about our finals opponents. Everyone should fear the TIGES in winning form. And I doubt that anyone above us worry us in the type of form we’re generating. The week’s bye worries me more than any opponent.
Anyway - I wouldn’t rest anyone this week - that’s what the bye is for. Martin for Graham anyone?
Once you get to week two of finals the best umpires should be left and only two games. Interstate and week one is still a fair chance the crowd will influence the umps.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
After coming on and snagging a couple I don’t think George will get dropped, as someone else said, being the sub suits his burst style of play.
On the weekend,

We kicked 18 goals to 5 without Castagna.

2 goals to 4 with him.

It's a stretch to say that anything he did on Sunday makes us better in any way.

He wasn't bad. We don't need, or benefit from, him right now.

How good has it been to see a functional forward line? I wonder if anyone could have seen that Aarts and Castagna out for Maurice and Cumberland would be such a simple and effective change?

The great visionaries who fluked that prediction would probably also have said Stack is a better sub option than Castagna.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
OUT: 1sts
IN: 2nds
Then the !sts play in the 2nds to get the 2nd's into the finals, whilst the 2nds get beaten by the Drugs to give them hope and another false dawn :))

Manage the games of Chimp and Dion and Nank and Tom primarily, is probably the most likely outcome.

• Haha

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
On the weekend,

We kicked 18 goals to 5 without Castagna.

2 goals to 4 with him.

It's a stretch to say that anything he did on Sunday makes us better in any way.

He wasn't bad. We don't need, or benefit from, him right now.

How good has it been to see a functional forward line? I wonder if anyone could have seen that Aarts and Castagna out for Maurice and Cumberland would be such a simple and effective change?

The great visionaries who fluked that prediction would probably also have said Stack is a better sub option than Castagna.
Stack can play anywhere on the ground.

George has footspeed and a tank, its why he is never out of the picture for now until better skilled kids match him physically.

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
Once you get to week two of finals the best umpires should be left and only two games. Interstate and week one is still a fair chance the crowd will influence the umps.
So no interstate team first week of the finals - on their home deck. I could live with that.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Stack can play anywhere on the ground.

George has footspeed and a tank, its why he is never out of the picture for now until better skilled kids match him physically.

His disposal has never been up to par. He has been taught by experts and there is no reason to believe it will ever improve.
His main talent is his tackling which is inconsistent.

Not out of the picture maybe but Stacky has worked hard and deserves a chance.